Thread: A rural county's wimpy response to C19

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default A rural county's wimpy response to C19

As many of you may know, I have a cabin in the mountains that I commute to every weekend, and then the wife and I drive back on Sunday night. We basically "live" there and "work" here in the city. So happens that there are a couple dozen or more cases of C19 here in the city and zero out there. Not a big permanent population and they only have one small hospital which has been described to me as not even having a doctor on staff most times, just a PA and a nurse.

The population probably triples in the summer as all the Floridites (and others) escape the heat. Along with their maddeningly awful driving they bring money. Lots of money. And they own large homes that are typically 4 times what the average permanent resident owns. And they pay taxes on those homes while using very few county services. And they eat at the best restaurants- a lot. And they don't vote up there. In reality, they are the perfect taxpaying community for this and several other NC mountain counties.

Here's the text of a letter that the County manager posted on their website. What a woos. He should just tell them to stay the fuck out until this is over. We ain't putting your wrinkled ass in our hospital.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following User Groans At MAGA MAN For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (03-29-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sounds like the Letter is meant for YOU.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-29-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If so they missed the mark. The link on the county's website states: "letter to our gated communities".

http://www.averycountync.gov/coronav...click_here.php

I haven't lived a perfect life, but I haven't been forced to live behind a fence.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    If so they missed the mark. The link on the county's website states: "letter to our gated communities".

http://www.averycountync.gov/coronav...click_here.php

I haven't lived a perfect life, but I haven't been forced to live behind a fence.
    You seem like the 'Weekend Tripper' they're all complaining about.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

As many of you may know, I have a cabin in the mountains that I commute to every weekend, and then the wife and I drive back on Sunday night. We basically "live" there and "work" here in the city. So happens that there are a couple dozen or more cases of C19 here in the city and zero out there. Not a big permanent population and they only have one small hospital which has been described to me as not even having a doctor on staff most times, just a PA and a nurse.

The population probably triples in the summer as all the Floridites (and others) escape the heat. Along with their maddeningly awful driving they bring money. Lots of money. And they own large homes that are typically 4 times what the average permanent resident owns. And they pay taxes on those homes while using very few county services. And they eat at the best restaurants- a lot. And they don't vote up there. In reality, they are the perfect taxpaying community for this and several other NC mountain counties.

Here's the text of a letter that the County manager posted on their website. What a woos. He should just tell them to stay the fuck out until this is over. We ain't putting your wrinkled ass in our hospital.
    You should be shot
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

It is normal in a time of crisis to blame outsiders and non-locals. It is happening across the country., It is not right though. People spend a fortiune on a 2nd home and some scared locals decide they cannot use it. I am sure they will not charge property taxes this year. /S

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

There's a pandemic going on shithead!
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    It is normal in a time of crisis to blame outsiders and non-locals. It is happening across the country., It is not right though. People spend a fortiune on a 2nd home and some scared locals decide they cannot use it. I am sure they will not charge property taxes this year. /S
    People need to stay fucking home,to stop the spread!
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Margot Frank View Post
    There's a pandemic going on shithead!
    Panic!

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMER REMOVER View Post
    You should be shot
    As a good right-wing American he has a duty to. Ask the NRA! It keeps George 111 from trying them for treason and back taxes!

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    As a good right-wing American he has a duty to. Ask the NRA! It keeps George 111 from trying them for treason and back taxes!