Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: There goes EASTER. APR30 social distancing 'order' REMAINS (unless you're in FL)

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,174 Times in 10,392 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    So he made a bad guess? It happens. What are you going to do? Impeach him again?
    He made a bad guess! Priceless!

Trump’s life is nothing but a series of “bad guesses”.

2. The Following User Groans At domer76 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-30-2020)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

Cypress (03-30-2020), ThatOwlWoman (03-30-2020)

4. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Bu...bu...but he's so entertaining!!

He's the driving force behind soaring employment numbers in the comedy and political cartoonist industries, for sure.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (03-30-2020), Doc Dutch (03-30-2020)

7. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    I'm keeping the tank filled. Went down to 1/2 and decided to top it off. LOTS OF CARS out there up and down the road, 2 TIRE STORES open, $ Store, STARBUCKS, KARATE studio in a store front, PETSMART, designer chocolate store. ALL these in 1.1 mile radius of my house the SELF service gas pump. And it's SUNDAY.

Trump shifts, says distancing to go to April 30

BY BRETT SAMUELS - 03/29/20 06:13 PM EDT 286 - The Hill

President Trump on Sunday announced that the White House will keep its current guidelines for social distancing in place through the end of April to try and blunt the spread of the coronavirus.

The announcement marked an about-face from less than a week ago when Trump expressed optimism that the country could be “opened up” by Easter Sunday, April 12.
    “Nothing would be worse than declaring victory before the war is won,” Trump said in his remarks on Sunday. “That would be the greatest loss of all.”

Trump urged Americans to follow the guidelines issued by his administration roughly two weeks ago urging them to avoid restaurants and bars, cancel non-essential travel and keep in-person gatherings to 10 people or less.

The president predicted that the U.S. would likely hit its peak death rate from the virus in two weeks. He went on to suggest the country would be “well on our way to recovery” by June 1.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, called the decision a “wide and prudent” one. Fauci earlier Sunday had predicted that the United States could see 1 million cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, and 100,000 to 200,000 deaths.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...through-end-of
    LOL!!! Told us just what exactly? That Trump HOPED 'distancing" procedures could be gone by Easter?
    Maybe you can search and find something where he said that he was ordering restrictions to be lifted by Easter.
    We'll all wait here.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

9. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

I'm keeping the tank filled. Went down to 1/2 and decided to top it off. LOTS OF CARS out there up and down the road, 2 TIRE STORES open, $ Store, STARBUCKS, KARATE studio in a store front, PETSMART, designer chocolate store. ALL these in 1.1 mile radius of my house the SELF service gas pump. And it's SUNDAY.

President Trump on Sunday announced that the White House will keep its current guidelines for social distancing in place through the end of April to try and blunt the spread of the coronavirus.

The announcement marked an about-face from less than a week ago when Trump expressed optimism that the country could be “opened up” by Easter Sunday, April 12.
    “Nothing would be worse than declaring victory before the war is won,” Trump said in his remarks on Sunday. “That would be the greatest loss of all.”

Trump urged Americans to follow the guidelines issued by his administration roughly two weeks ago urging them to avoid restaurants and bars, cancel non-essential travel and keep in-person gatherings to 10 people or less.

The president predicted that the U.S. would likely hit its peak death rate from the virus in two weeks. He went on to suggest the country would be “well on our way to recovery” by June 1.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, called the decision a “wide and prudent” one. Fauci earlier Sunday had predicted that the United States could see 1 million cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, and 100,000 to 200,000 deaths.

And?

What's wrong, pussy, scared shitless?

10. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Centerleftfl,

IOW,,,

"I AM SORRY. I WAS WRONG. FORGET EASTER IN CHURCH."

"Sorry to spread false rumors, get your hopes up, only to let you down. My bad."

- As an honest president would say...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

12. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wishy-washy

Flippy Floppy

Dilly dally

"I'm SO mixed UP!"

What a shame anybody believes him.

He's really no good for our country.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

14. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Cohort,

Quote Originally Posted by Cohort View Post
    i dont think it was wrong, because he was never definitive, he had a wait and see approach. People need some type of finality and time frame, even if it gets adjusted, or people will go insane.
    He shouldn't talk about it before making a decision. That's not professional. That makes it look like he doesn't know what he's doing. We don't want indecision. We need the right decision at the right time. If he says anything about it it needs to be well vetted and reliable information. Now he just comes off like he doesn't know what he's doing.

If a Democrat did this, Republicans would be all over her for it.

15. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

16. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Cohort,

He shouldn't talk about it before making a decision. That's not professional. That makes it look like he doesn't know what he's doing. We don't want indecision. We need the right decision at the right time. If he says anything about it it needs to be well vetted and reliable information. Now he just comes off like he doesn't know what he's doing.

If a Democrat did this, Republicans would be all over her for it.
    IRRESPONSIBLE, petulant and DANGEROUS. A walking talking id.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-31-2020)

18. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Centerleftfl,

IOW,,,

"I AM SORRY. I WAS WRONG. FORGET EASTER IN CHURCH."

"Sorry to spread false rumors, get your hopes up, only to let you down. My bad."

- As an honest president would say...
    Not to worry, my community, full of TRUMP SUPPORTERS, didn't listen to any of it! They're out and about shopping, working out in gyms, doing karate the studio, getting their tires, going to the 'chocolatier' and the steak house and getting their nails and hair done. All those are JUST the ones at at the top of the street.

Actually the only thing you really can't do is WALK INTO YOUR DOCTORS office if you have any symptoms. You are met outside the office, 'triaged' temperature taken and if you NEED A TEST, you're sent to a secondary location, where you are assessed again to determine if you are sick enough to get a test.

No part of this is an exaggeration.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-31-2020)

20. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

the bad news for lib'ruls is that there will still be a Good Friday and there will still be an Easter......got an email from church already this morning about various methods we might utilize to conduct communion service online......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Stretch (03-30-2020)

22. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not to worry, my community, full of TRUMP SUPPORTERS, didn't listen to any of it! They're out and about shopping, working out in gyms, doing karate the studio, getting their tires, going to the 'chocolatier' and the steak house and getting their nails and hair done. All those are JUST the ones at at the top of the street.

Actually the only thing you really can't do is WALK INTO YOUR DOCTORS office if you have any symptoms. You are met outside the office, 'triaged' temperature taken and if you NEED A TEST, you're sent to a secondary location, where you are assessed again to determine if you are sick enough to get a test.

No part of this is an exaggeration.
    the exaggeration is that you believe we will let you have a test even if you are sick......we are already triag-ing Florida.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

24. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,624 Times in 51,916 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    the bad news for lib'ruls is that there will still be a Good Friday and there will still be an Easter......got an email from church already this morning about various methods we might utilize to conduct communion service online......
    Why are you passing on a false information? Is it because you don't know or because you do know and are bearing false witness?

44% of Democrats are religious, only 37% of Republicans are so.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ical-leanings/

Which members of this forum could read the Sermon on the Mount with a straight face? Could you? I could.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

25. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

has no one explained to Dutch Uncle that when he gets put on ignore, he gets ignored?....

26. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

the exaggeration is that you believe we will let you have a test even if you are sick......we are already triag-ing Florida.....
    Very simple. DON'T COME TO FLORIDA. Your treatment may very well be different or TOO LATE! I'm so happy your state is handling it better.

27. #75 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,511 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Then you can use real wine!
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.