Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are we being lied to about Covid 19?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Why are we being lied to about Covid 19?

Good question, this is something thatvwil be asked over and over.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

For political gain.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,273 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

See "fogcatcher" is still running with the talking head out of the faculty lounge, I'll still go with Dr Fauci and the CDC, the people with skin in the game

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    .Good question
    An interesting video, thank you. I watched it through.

The gist seems to be that the COVID-19 pandemic is a worldwide hoax perpetrated by governments with the intention of imposing martial law. Also, it may be an attempt to kill off old people who are a drain on resources.

More precisely: the novel coronavirus exists but it kills hardly anyone who wouldn't die anyway. It is being hyped by the media, presumably in the service of governments.

Is that a fair summary, and do you believe it?

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When DEMOCRATS deny, DEMOCRATS lie.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,273 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    An interesting video, thank you. I watched it through.

The gist seems to be that the COVID-19 pandemic is a worldwide hoax perpetrated by governments with the intention of imposing martial law. Also, it may be an attempt to kill off old people who are a drain on resources.

More precisely: the novel coronavirus exists but it kills hardly anyone who wouldn't die anyway. It is being hyped by the media, presumably in the service of governments.

Is that a fair summary, and do you believe it?
    In reference to the video;

"No, a COVID Scientist Didn't Walk Back His Prediction
    https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...9-predictions/

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anchovies View Post
    In reference to the video; "No, a COVID Scientist Didn't Walk Back His Prediction
    Yes, he did.

The Imperial College report was also the basis for the modeling used by the website COVID Act Now, which local and state officials in the U.S. then used to issue “shelter-in-place” mandates. COVID Act Now, which was founded by a handful of DEMOCRAT activists in Silicon Valley, is an online mapping tool that generates models predicting coronavirus hospitalizations, which have also already proved to be wildly inaccurate.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2238578-uk-has-enough-intensive-care-units-for-coronavirus-expert-predicts/

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Yes, he did.
    No, he didn't.

I may predict: if I go out in the rain, I'll get wet. That does not contradict: if I stay in, I'll keep dry. That's what you're comparing.

The high death prediction was if Britain carried on as usual. The low death prediction was if the current lockdown is maintained for long enough. One is not "walking back" on the other.

But you know that; you're just grinding a political ax.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquilizers in Equines View Post
    No, he didn't.
    Yes, he did, and a DEMOCRAT-run website spread his ridiculous worst-case scenario projections in the USA.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Actually...many more to come without help from the powers that be but maybe it is due to their greed..

Almost three decades ago, experts began to sound the alarm that climate change could be associated with changes to the epidemiology of infectious diseases. Since then a large body of literature has accumulated on this subject focused primarily on how climate will affect locations of pathogenic microbes and vectors of infectious diseases. In this Viewpoint, I focus on another threat: the strong possibility that new, previously unknown infectious diseases will emerge from warmer climates as microbes adapt to higher global temperatures that can defeat our endothermy thermal barrier.

The field of infectious diseases has the unenviable distinction of being the only subdiscipline of medicine that routinely has to deal with new diseases and where therapies lose their potency and value from drug resistance. New infectious diseases caused by pathogenic microbes not previously known to medicine emerge from acquisition from another species (e.g., species jump), as occurred with HIV, and from increased susceptibility in humans who become immunosuppressed, who are often the source of so-called opportunistic pathogens.

https://www.jci.org/articles/view/135003
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabon View Post
    climate change could be associated with changes to the epidemiology of infectious diseases.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,428 Times in 5,875 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,544 Times in 6,285 Posts
    Blog Entries

maggot would also like you to think that you're being lied to about global warming.
    He would also like you to believe that you're being lied to about the collapse of the stock market, the deficiencies of the Boeing company, the stupidity of Brexit, Izraeli criminality, the end of Empire and the minuteness of his pecker.
    maggot lies to you. Surely you know that by now.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, he didn't.

I may predict: if I go out in the rain, I'll get wet. That does not contradict: if I stay in, I'll keep dry. That's what you're comparing.

The high death prediction was if Britain carried on as usual. The low death prediction was if the current lockdown is maintained for long enough. One is not "walking back" on the other.

But you know that; you're just grinding a political ax.
    Funny how that little tidbit of info was left out of the original announcements of these dire predictions.
    Every life matters

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Funny how that little tidbit of info was left out of the original announcements of these dire predictions.
    Of course it was included in the announcement; you just weren't paying attention. It was reported here and many other parts of the "fake news media":

March 17, 2020
    The Imperial College London group reported that if nothing was done by governments and individuals and the pandemic remained uncontrolled, 510,000 would die in Britain and 2.2 million in the United States over the course of the outbreak ...

If the British government quickly went all-out to suppress viral spread — aiming to reverse epidemic growth and reduce the case load to a low level — then the number of dead in the country could drop to below 20,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...512_story.html

No "walking back" there, just different scenarios.

Looks like they think the lockdown is working. I hope they're right.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Of course it was included in the announcement; you just weren't paying attention. It was reported here and many other parts of the "fake news media":

March 17, 2020
    The Imperial College London group reported that if nothing was done by governments and individuals and the pandemic remained uncontrolled, 510,000 would die in Britain and 2.2 million in the United States over the course of the outbreak ...

If the British government quickly went all-out to suppress viral spread — aiming to reverse epidemic growth and reduce the case load to a low level — then the number of dead in the country could drop to below 20,000.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...512_story.html

Looks like they think the lockdown is working. I hope they're right.
    If you say so sport, not subscribing to WaPo to find out. You know damn well much of the MSM reported these dire predictions without ever mentioning that caveat. Why would the idiot even make such a stupid prediction? Why didn't he give us the lower numbers in the first place? We all know the answer.
    Every life matters