Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: If Prez Doing Such A Good Job, Why Does USA Have Most Covid?

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Good morning Moose,

Well if it went up by 30K in a day that shows we are not flattening the curve.
    The latest:

image.jpg

Apparently you think the countries' leaders above the u.s. on this chart should be impeached over the C.V. OK.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Earl (03-28-2020)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,328 Times in 52,382 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    Trump is titular head of the bureaucracies - so yes it's his "responsibility' (not fault).
    Your article makes the case the CDC screwed up. you can place the blame game anywhere else you prefer
    Trump isn't the "titular" head of the bureaucracies, he's the President and is directly responsible for the actions of his cabinet and other agencies. He's not there just for show even if he denies his responsibilities. It's why Truman famously said "The Buck Stops Here", not "The buck stops at the head of each department".

That said, all departments run on funding and, given how funding keeps being cut, those departments follow the priorities given by their heads along with the directions of the President and/or Congress (as dictated by funding). They should be held responsible for what was under their control but not what is beyond their control.

http://smarthive.com/wp-content/uplo...art-Sankey.jpg

https://www.acus.gov/sites/default/f...2013_final.pdf
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cohort,

Quote Originally Posted by Cohort View Post
    we are doing way more tests. more tests = more results.
    And yet still our testing is inadequate, many more being turned away, still not enough test kits.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohort View Post
    additionally demographics play a huge role. The age of the population, our various health conditions, all vary from one country to another.
    We may not live as long as Italians do, but that may be because we are not as healthy as they are, which means high risk.

Life expectancy Italy - 81.1; USA 76.3 Source - the CIA, 2017.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (03-28-2020)

6. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    No it is not. It is simply a projection based on preliminary data.
    So we are doing all of this based on data that sucks?

Interesting.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (03-28-2020), USFREEDOM911 (03-28-2020)

8. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    As you already knew, lol.

COVIDActNow.com is a DEMOCRAT-run website, and it promotes politically-motivated pandemic panic propaganda.

9. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    The latest:

image.jpg

Apparently you think the countries' leaders above the u.s. on this chart should be impeached over the C.V. OK.
    Now you're just making things up. That suggests you have no better response. And why are you focused on the "per million" figure? Last week it was all about total cases. Why the big switch? Oh, nevermind. We know. You lost the total cases battle so you went looking for a better looking metric. Hey, you might try arguing total deaths. The USA is still not leading in that metric. For now. That one is still lower than Italy. They just hit 10K deaths. We are only around 2K at the moment. It's hard to keep up, the numbers are whizzing by so fast. Maybe we won't see the 2,666 serious or critical cases figure rise as fast as the total cases are. If only we had taken this far more seriously much earlier than Friday the 13th of March. About 6 weeks earlier would have been good.

I hope those 6 weeks of stock market gains were worth it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following 2 Users Groan At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-28-2020), USFREEDOM911 (03-28-2020)

11. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello anonymoose,

Now you're just making things up. That suggests you have no better response. And why are you focused on the "per million" figure? Last week it was all about total cases. Why the big switch? Oh, nevermind. We know. You lost the total cases battle so you went looking for a better looking metric. Hey, you might try arguing total deaths. The USA is still not leading in that metric. For now. That one is still lower than Italy. They just hit 10K deaths. We are only around 2K at the moment. It's hard to keep up, the numbers are whizzing by so fast. Maybe we won't see the 2,666 serious or critical cases figure rise as fast as the total cases are. If only we had taken this far more seriously much earlier than Friday the 13th of March. About 6 weeks earlier would have been good.

I hope those 6 weeks of stock market gains were worth it.
    You cheered the stock market losses caused by the Chinese virus which harmed millions of Americans and their families.

“Go, go, go.”

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

13. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Interesting.
    I wish that were so.

Wouldn't that be nice?

Just call it fake news and be done with it?

14. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

15. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShitTalker View Post
    March 27: USA becomes world leader in number of Covid-19 cases.
    Said who?

16. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

I wish that were so.

Wouldn't that be nice?

Just call it fake news and be done with it?
    It would be nice to have some better data.

Calling it good data is fake news.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

18. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    USA 105,726 1,600 Dead

Italy 86,498 9,134 Dead

Our healthcare saves lives, theirs kills!
    USA 105,726 1,600 Dead = 0.01513%

Italy 86,498 9,134 Dead = 0.10559%
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

19. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    I don't believe China's numbers.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

20. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

It would be nice to have some better data.

Calling it good data is fake news.
    That sounds pretty desperate, questioning the data.

You know I was kidding when I suggested how easy it would be if we just call it fake and then see it go away, scroll out of the news cycle, replaced by the latest insult hurled by the prez.

I just don't think there is any kind of hissy fit he can throw to make this go away. He tried denial for 6 weeks too long. He gave up. Now he is trying to be a leader. Too bad for us he is too late.

21. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

22. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Darth,

That sounds pretty desperate, questioning the data.

You know I was kidding when I suggested how easy it would be if we just call it fake and then see it go away, scroll out of the news cycle, replaced by the latest insult hurled by the prez.

I just don't think there is any kind of hissy fit he can throw to make this go away. He tried denial for 6 weeks too long. He gave up. Now he is trying to be a leader. Too bad for us he is too late.
    The data is incomplete.

Just is. It is what it is.

23. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Feb 28: CDC says no question of if, only when. It's coming.

February 28: “Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that, right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa.” “They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.”

I am surprised, if he really felt that way, that he didn't fire the Director of the CDC, who completely contradicted him on the same day.

24. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post: