1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ml?jwsource=cl

The lady is basically saying the models that predicted millions of Coronavirus deaths are junk because they don’t/didn’t/can’t account for the unknown asymptomatic individuals in the population. Basically, because without that data you can only make guesses at the mortality rate and without a mortality rate you can’t arrive at a mortality estimate. Much less, a big scary one.

Now wait a damn minute.

Did this suddenly dawn on her and Fauci? I’m not even an epidemiologist and I figured it out on my own. Lots of people did because you don’t need to be an epidemiologist to figure it out. A mortality rate is nothing more than a solution to a simple equation they teach in junior high math class.

Want a scary mortality rate? Just plug a smaller number in at the top. Where were these people when the media was talking about 2 million deaths in the US from COVID-19? Why weren’t they shutting such *irresponsible misinformation* down?

It’s bullshit.
    Yes. I AM JUST FUCKING OUTRAGED!

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ml?jwsource=cl

The lady is basically saying the models that predicted millions of Coronavirus deaths are junk because they don’t/didn’t/can’t account for the unknown asymptomatic individuals in the population. Basically, because without that data you can only make guesses at the mortality rate and without a mortality rate you can’t arrive at a mortality estimate. Much less, a big scary one.

Now wait a damn minute.

Did this suddenly dawn on her and Fauci? I’m not even an epidemiologist and I figured it out on my own. Lots of people did because you don’t need to be an epidemiologist to figure it out. A mortality rate is nothing more than a solution to a simple equation they teach in junior high math class.

Want a scary mortality rate? Just plug a smaller number in at the top. Where were these people when the media was talking about 2 million deaths in the US from COVID-19? Why weren’t they shutting such *irresponsible misinformation* down?

It’s bullshit.
    Get it and die please
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Actually he did, liar. And you people called him a racist xenophobe for it. You idiots have no shame.
    Horseshit. A month ago he was claiming there were 15 deaths and there would soon be zero.

The Texas supermarket HEB prepared better than Trump for this. How fucking pathetic is that fact?

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Thanks. That's sort of what I figured. We've known all along that the majority of deaths have occurred due to compromised
    immune systems making the victims much more susceptible to a virus which their bodies simply can not fight off.
    The recovery rate is fantastic though for average people of otherwise good health.
    Lack of testing capabilities, which falls on Trump, results in an unnecessary burden to the responders. That’s one reason there’s such a strain on resources. Any symptomatic person needs to be treated whether they are infected or not.

Trump fucked the pooch big time on this. Not unlike some many other endeavors he’s failed at.

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, the doctor Birx lady said the scary estimates aren’t holding up to ‘the facts on the ground’ and they were based on spurious data. She seems to be of the opinion those kinds of numbers never would have been obtained regardless of the circumstances.

I agree with her.

But my main gripe is why did she/they not say that *before* we locked the country down, put millions of small businesses at risk [already, some of them will never come back] and etc?
    The Chinese got control of their situation much more efficiently because of their more draconian measures. Something we could never do. But it worked.

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    So far the deaths seem to be concentrated in the places that voted for the Hildebeast 4 years ago. That's a good thing.

BTW, did you quote your own post because nobody else wanted to do it?

Stupidest fucking post in quite awhile. Not a surprise, based on the source.

Stupidest motherfucker on the forum.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    different test for a different virus.
    Where’s Trump’s test?

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I never said anything about 12-15% mortality rate. That is completely made up by you.

The original mortality rate I used was 1%. That gets you to 800,000 to 2.4 million. I then assume the mortality rate will be lower as treatments improve, and get between 100,000 to a million. I do put forward the possibility of a complete system breakdown, and 4% mortality rate, which can get you 10 million... But that is a worst case scenario. Nowhere do I say anything about 12-15%.

80% of Covid-19 patients do not need hospitalization, which leaves 20% needing hospitalization. More importantly 5% of Covid-19 patients need intensive care. If that intensive care is not available, then we start seeing a 4% mortality rate. If intensive care and new antivirals are available, we can start seeing under 1% mortality.

Now if it starts mutating, all bets are off. First, it might become more deadly, but that is not the real fear. The real fear is that we have to deal with repeated new outbreaks for the rest of time, much like we deal with new colds or new flues. That could mean anyone with severe, but not currently life ending health problems would die. That is where we get to a permanent decade taken off life expectancy. Even there, we would not see 12 to 15% mortality. It would be more like a permanent yearly 0.1 to 0.4% mortality.
    First off, all viruses mutate and mutations are random. So COVID-19 could just as easily mutate to a less virulent form as the other way. They don’t ‘think’ and plan an attack.

Your second point about a nationwide system breakdown is nowhere near on the horizon. That’s speculation that goes beyond the facts on the ground. Which are these: COVID-19 is a threat to the elderly and those individuals with comorbid factors. In contrast, the N1H1 outbreak affected younger people. You are going to need *a substantial number* of younger victims to reach the kind of statistics you are talking about.

And it just isn’t happening.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Can you name an area where the inflected rate was shrunk considerably? Are not the numbers rising rapidly by the day? Is there any area of the US where it hasn't spread? Tell is now, where has it been checked

People pay close attention to the facts, they've seen the images from China and Italy, and they can see the rising numbers in the US in a little over two months. That ain't the media lying, those are the facts, even some of your favorite demogoues have had to admit the truth

How about per capita proportions?

Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,335 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    It is an infectious disease, so it will get worse. And your math is off by a factor of a thousand. The correct number would be "Cases = .008%". I can understand not multiplying by 100 to get percent, but still cannot understand how you got a thousand times off.
    You moron; It was the globes population I was talking about. Tard. 26743 divided into 7.08 BILLION Tard. Run along Tard. The numbers are MINUSCULE. But hey, lets all freak out and shut down our economies for a couple of months right Tard?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump "ban" came on 1/31, and the first documented case of the virus in the US is 1/19, an individual who returned from China

If you follow the timeline put out by the Administration Trump did everything but already come up with a vaccine, but in reality, it is a politically framed document that goes lightly on the real facts, especially in January and February when Trump was telling Americans it was all under control

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/th...-restrictions/
    https://apnews.com/0dc271ad7f7917374a5a0cfb49273783
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN21739V
    ^Dumbass thinks we can invent a vaccine in 12 days. Your stupidity is only exceeded by your lack of any self awareness and inability to make sense.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

12. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"I think the NY cases are overblown," now there's a classic, guess NY is just lying, probably purposely to make Trump bad, part of the media/Democrat/"deep state" conspiracy to overturn the results of 2016, correct?

Always entertaining
    Well, no one ever said you weren't a low IQ, gullible dumbass who is incapable of thinking for himself Arsecheese.

13. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    Like tRump, Lie Detector puts his own spin on the facts. His Master taught him well.
    Poor sad, pathetic low IQ leftist hack; still stuck on moron I see.

14. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    Like tRump, Lie Detector puts his own spin on the facts. His Master taught him well.
    But he is always a chuckle, as I said, entertaining
    ^Priceless; Dumber and Dumbest back slapping.