Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 spike in New York is ‘just a preview’ of what’s coming

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

“Some six in 10 Americans approve of the job Donald Trump is doing to combat the coronavirus crisis, pushing the president’s approval rating – 49% - to the highest of his presidency, according to a poll released Tuesday by Gallup.

Trump’s gains come as his standing has improved among Democrats and independents amid the viral outbreak, which has killed more than 660 people even as the nation has adopted strict rules limiting public gatherings. Trump’s job approval numbers are up 6 points among Democrats and 8 points among independents, according to the survey.

And voters are largely giving Trump positive marks for his handling of the pandemic, with 94% of Republicans, 60% of independents, and 27% of Democrats approving of his efforts. That’s higher than his general approval rating among each group.”
    Bloomberg.com

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Those who can are leaving NYC in droves.

Poor leadership by the Communist mayor and the inept governor of NY State.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Life is Golden (03-28-2020)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,163 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    We are turning into uncaring, unempathetic savages...partly due to leadership from an especially uncaring, unempathetic savage.
    I never thought I would ever read remarks like I see on the pages of this thread.

The people of New York City are in an horrendous crisis...not of their own making. They are living like the people of crowded London did during the years of the Black Plague. They deserve a shitload more caring and empathy from the pathetic savages posting here.

New York City is the cultural center of our nation...and the financial center of the world. None of you fucking savages would have the comforts you have if cities like New York City did not exist.

To hear you people spew hatred and scorn on the people going through what they are going through...rather than hear some respect, empathy, and sympathy for their plight is disgusting.

The people who are doing it...the people who are silently tolerating it...of both political parties and of both political persuasions...ARE DEPLORABLES!
    Amen

5. The Following 2 Users Groan At Phantasmal For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-28-2020), Earl (03-28-2020)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-28-2020)

7. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

“Some six in 10 Americans approve of the job Donald Trump is doing to combat the coronavirus crisis, pushing the president’s approval rating – 49% - to the highest of his presidency, according to a poll released Tuesday by Gallup.

Trump’s gains come as his standing has improved among Democrats and independents amid the viral outbreak, which has killed more than 660 people even as the nation has adopted strict rules limiting public gatherings. Trump’s job approval numbers are up 6 points among Democrats and 8 points among independents, according to the survey.

And voters are largely giving Trump positive marks for his handling of the pandemic, with 94% of Republicans, 60% of independents, and 27% of Democrats approving of his efforts. That’s higher than his general approval rating among each group.”
    Bloomberg.com

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

9. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Didn’t the “deplorables” win in 2016?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

11. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

We are turning into uncaring, unempathetic savages...partly due to leadership from an especially uncaring, unempathetic savage.

I never thought I would ever read remarks like I see on the pages of this thread.

The people of New York City are in an horrendous crisis...not of their own making. They are living like the people of crowded London did during the years of the Black Plague. They deserve a shitload more caring and empathy from the pathetic savages posting here.

New York City is the cultural center of our nation...and the financial center of the world. None of you fucking savages would have the comforts you have if cities like New York City did not exist.

To hear you people spew hatred and scorn on the people going through what they are going through...rather than hear some respect, empathy, and sympathy for their plight is disgusting.

The people who are doing it...the people who are silently tolerating it...of both political parties and of both political persuasions...ARE DEPLORABLES!
    You're an arsehole, but even so I am here to tell you you won't die of Covid 19 at least!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClarkeMic...g-like-a-brick

12. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Think about it Walt. Would you work your entire life so you could move to a place that was worse than where you came from? That would be pretty damned stupid now woudnt it?
    Walt is a cunt pure and simple, his only purpose is to scare the shit out of people, he can fuck off now!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClarkeMic...g-like-a-brick

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Stone (03-28-2020)

14. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Yet you are moot on the OP --Goon-O-- wishing ill will on those in rural areas, the catalyst for all the following comments.

When in reality, those in rural areas are much better off than the savages in the concrete shithole. How 'bout that, huh?

So, take your faux poutrage -- and shove it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Earl (03-28-2020), TOP (03-28-2020)

16. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Yet you are moot on the OP --Goon-O-- wishing ill will on those in rural areas, the catalyst for all the following comments.

When in reality, those in rural areas are much better off than the savages in the concrete shithole. How 'bout that, huh?

So, take your faux poutrage -- and shove it.
    With ignorant savages like you on his side, Trump will continue to screw this country up...and be applauded for doing so.

If the ignorant savages like truly dominate this nation, perhaps it would better for it to fall.

I think that is not the case though. I think ignorant savages like you are a minority.

We'll see.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-28-2020)

18. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

With ignorant savages like you on his side, Trump will continue to screw this country up...and be applauded for doing so.

If the ignorant savages like truly dominate this nation, perhaps it would better for it to fall.

I think that is not the case though. I think ignorant savages like you are a minority.

We'll see.
    As noted in my previous post, you're good with the original post wishing ill will on rural residents.

Good as gold.

Right as rain.

LMAO
    Shove your faux poutrage, hypocrite.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Golden For This Post:

Earl (03-28-2020)

20. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Bloomberg.com

21. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

There was an article in todays Independent here about how the US was losing its world leadership because of the mess it was making of the pandemic, offering no help where China is and so on, and putting it down to the deep political divisions over there. It is a pity, and as far as I can see, it starts very much on the right. Clearly a very large minority of your population, for whatever reason, hate everyone, especially other Americans. I wish we had some people on here who could begin to explain from within that minority, but they seem to be confined to insult and boasting. It is a pity. Obviously I'd prefer what's left of the old UK to be leading, but failing that, there were excellent elements in America. Ah well, I'll just have to brush up my Chinese by the look of it!

22. The Following 2 Users Groan At Iolo/Penderyn For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-28-2020), Earl (03-28-2020)

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-28-2020), PoliTalker (03-28-2020)

24. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    As noted in my previous post, you're good with the original post wishing ill will on rural residents.

Good as gold.

Right as rain.

LMAO
    Shove your faux poutrage, hypocrite.
    Thank you for confirming that you are an ignorant savage, American conservative...a redundancy if ever there was one

ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

25. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-28-2020)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-28-2020)

27. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    There was an article in todays Independent here about how the US was losing its world leadership because of the mess it was making of the pandemic, offering no help where China is and so on, and putting it down to the deep political divisions over there. It is a pity, and as far as I can see, it starts very much on the right. Clearly a very large minority of your population, for whatever reason, hate everyone, especially other Americans. I wish we had some people on here who could begin to explain from within that minority, but they seem to be confined to insult and boasting. It is a pity. Obviously I'd prefer what's left of the old UK to be leading, but failing that, there were excellent elements in America. Ah well, I'll just have to brush up my Chinese by the look of it!
    Emigrate to China, America hating pende*o...today.

28. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-28-2020)

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

30. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thank you for confirming that you are an ignorant savage, American conservative...a redundancy if ever there was one

Frank seriously shut the fuck up, sorry to disappoint but you'renot going to die!!

Yesterday, Dr Neil Ferguson of Imperial College London, whose modelling has been central to Government decision making, told MPs that while there might be some individual spots of high pressure, at a national level the NHS would not exceed capacity.

He also said that the number of deaths may be below the “best case” 20,000 he outlined a few days ago, and that perhaps two-thirds of those deaths were likely to be of people who would have died this year of other causes.

At the same time, a modelling from Oxford university is causing a stir in finding that Covid-19 might have arrived in Britain a month earlier than thought and that 50 per cent of the population could have it already.

That would match up with the report today that Britain's patient zero could actually be a British tourist who returned from a skiing holiday with the virus back in January.

If correct, it would mean that the vast majority of cases are asymptomatic, with hospitalisation rates possibly as low as one in one thousand, and that herd immunity may actually already be close.

If so, all being equal, the lockdown could be short-lived - and their only problem then will be coming up with an explanation for why it was so virulent in countries connected to China's Belt and Road network."

31. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post: