Thread: Covid-19 spike in New York is ‘just a preview’ of what’s coming

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    There was an article in todays Independent here about how the US was losing its world leadership because of the mess it was making of the pandemic, offering no help where China is and so on, and putting it down to the deep political divisions over there. It is a pity, and as far as I can see, it starts very much on the right. Clearly a very large minority of your population, for whatever reason, hate everyone, especially other Americans. I wish we had some people on here who could begin to explain from within that minority, but they seem to be confined to insult and boasting. It is a pity. Obviously I'd prefer what's left of the old UK to be leading, but failing that, there were excellent elements in America. Ah well, I'll just have to brush up my Chinese by the look of it!
    Shut the fuck up obnoxious Welsh cunt, the jig is up now fuck off!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Life is Golden (03-28-2020)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Frank seriously shut the fuck up, sorry to disappoint but you'renot going to die!!

Yesterday, Dr Neil Ferguson of Imperial College London, whose modelling has been central to Government decision making, told MPs that while there might be some individual spots of high pressure, at a national level the NHS would not exceed capacity.

He also said that the number of deaths may be below the “best case” 20,000 he outlined a few days ago, and that perhaps two-thirds of those deaths were likely to be of people who would have died this year of other causes.

At the same time, a modelling from Oxford university is causing a stir in finding that Covid-19 might have arrived in Britain a month earlier than thought and that 50 per cent of the population could have it already.

That would match up with the report today that Britain's patient zero could actually be a British tourist who returned from a skiing holiday with the virus back in January.

If correct, it would mean that the vast majority of cases are asymptomatic, with hospitalisation rates possibly as low as one in one thousand, and that herd immunity may actually already be close.

If so, all being equal, the lockdown could be short-lived - and their only problem then will be coming up with an explanation for why it was so virulent in countries connected to China's Belt and Road network."
    HM...why don't you shut the fuck up instead.

I hope all the dire warnings are wrong...but only the ignorant, savage conservatives are stupid enough to plan for the plan for the best and hope for the worst. Most people with a brain, which obviously does not include the likes of you, plant for the worst...and hope for the best.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

4. The Following User Groans At Frank Apisa For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-28-2020)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-28-2020)

6. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    HM...why don't you shut the fuck up instead.

I hope all the dire warnings are wrong...but only the ignorant, savage conservatives are stupid enough to plan for the plan for the best and hope for the worst. Most people with a brain, which obviously does not include the likes of you, plant for the worst...and hope for the best.
    They are wrong, it was bullshit from the start. Who gives a shit if a bunch of ignorant Hasidic Jews got Wu Flu?

7. The Following User Groans At cancel2 2022 For This Awful Post:

FUCK THE POLICE (03-28-2020)

8. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    They are wrong, it was bullshit from the start.
    And if it turns out you are wrong...you will still applaud the Abomination.

Who gives a shit if a bunch of ignorant Hasidic Jews got Wu Flu?
    Almost any reasonable human...which, of course, does not include people like you.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-28-2020)

10. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Not going to be good for the rural rube hick hospitals in flyover jesusland country

https://www.alternet.org/2020/03/top...-whats-coming/
    Once again it proves to be beneficial to live in a RED flyover state.....instead of being packed like sardines in blue welfare states. Yeah......I am sure the sparsely populated rural states will be effected the same way that NY and other states are effected. Reality: NY is as bad as its going to get...……

What I find interesting is the medical supply "hording" that was taking place in BLUE STATES like California and NY......once BARR declared that anyone hording medical supplies should expect to find DOJ agents at their door in the middle of the night....sum bitch...…..California suddenly found over 15 Million "misplaced" supplies of medical gloves and masks.....while on the east coast over 6000 "LOST" ventilators turned up.....the story goes on an on....5 million protective medical gowns found horded away in a basement...…

Then the media rushes out in one voice....the same talking point up and down the news outlet ladder......Trump is not capable of providing the supplies needed....."IS THIS TRUMP'S KATRINA MOMENT?" Transparent as glass.

Its the same play book used by the corrupt left during the P.R. crisis.....it seems that having the tax payers pay for supplies that turn up LOST in an unknown warehouse is a inconvenient truth.
    Last edited by Ralph; 03-28-2020 at 10:29 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Earl (03-29-2020)

12. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    More stupid talk. I live in an area where thousands of Chicago and Milwaukee folks work theyre entire lives in order to save enuff money to move away from that shithole and buy a home up here on one of our many lakes to live out theyre days in comfort with a high quality of life. Your dreaming.... give it a break and grow up.
    You a petite bourgeois class traitor living in suburban hell. Using artificially state inflated mortgages to speculate on home ownership, that the neoliberal overlords specifically designed to induce you to buy capital and become a loyal petite bourgeois class traitor with a big head. It was wildly successful and you are now a dog of the elites. You will be executed when the time comes and your house will be nationalized. We need to end all mortgage and home ownership subsidies and focus exclusively on mass public housing and ending homelessness. The time of your speculation is coming to a close, it is unsustainable. We need the state to build housing and to rent it out to *every* American. We do not need home owners. Thatcher in the UK and Reagan in the United States implemented this long failed policy.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

13. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,026 Times in 8,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    Subsistence farmers! Hilarious!
    RB claims that she would be better off if she just grew her own food, and had no contact(economically or otherwise) with the outside world. That is called subsistence farming, and almost everyone who has died from famine in the last 70 years has been a subsistence farmer.

14. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Not going to be good for the rural rube hick hospitals in flyover jesusland country.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/03/top...-whats-coming/
    She didn't say anything about being no worse than the flu, about all being over by Easter?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Frank,

We are turning into uncaring, unempathetic savages...partly due to leadership from an especially uncaring, unempathetic savage.

I never thought I would ever read remarks like I see on the pages of this thread.

The people of New York City are in an horrendous crisis...not of their own making. They are living like the people of crowded London did during the years of the Black Plague. They deserve a shitload more caring and empathy from the pathetic savages posting here.

New York City is the cultural center of our nation...and the financial center of the world. None of you fucking savages would have the comforts you have if cities like New York City did not exist.

To hear you people spew hatred and scorn on the people going through what they are going through...rather than hear some respect, empathy, and sympathy for their plight is disgusting.

The people who are doing it...the people who are silently tolerating it...of both political parties and of both political persuasions...ARE DEPLORABLES!
    Guess who is from New York City...

It is no big surprise to see hurtful posts here. That's normal, so with a giant stress factor like this pandemic, it's got people freaked out. Makes sense that we would see more hurtful posting (if that's even possible.)

I bet a lot of these big talkers actually do care about others. They just want to sound all macho like perhaps some favorite movie character. It's a wall people put up to hide their emotions behind.

There are still just as many caring people as there ever were. Probably more so, now that we are all on the same side in WWIII. There are some stages to go through for this.

Denial, anger, depression, bargaining, and acceptance.

Looks like we are pretty much past the first stage and into the second.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Penderyn,

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    There was an article in todays Independent here about how the US was losing its world leadership because of the mess it was making of the pandemic, offering no help where China is and so on, and putting it down to the deep political divisions over there. It is a pity, and as far as I can see, it starts very much on the right. Clearly a very large minority of your population, for whatever reason, hate everyone, especially other Americans. I wish we had some people on here who could begin to explain from within that minority, but they seem to be confined to insult and boasting. It is a pity. Obviously I'd prefer what's left of the old UK to be leading, but failing that, there were excellent elements in America. Ah well, I'll just have to brush up my Chinese by the look of it!
    We'll be back. Give us time. Pardon our dust. We've just got a bit of housecleaning to do...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (03-30-2020)

18. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMER REMOVER View Post
    You a petite bourgeois class traitor living in suburban hell. Using artificially state inflated mortgages to speculate on home ownership, that the neoliberal overlords specifically designed to induce you to buy capital and become a loyal petite bourgeois class traitor with a big head. It was wildly successful and you are now a dog of the elites. You will be executed when the time comes and your house will be nationalized. We need to end all mortgage and home ownership subsidies and focus exclusively on mass public housing and ending homelessness. The time of your speculation is coming to a close, it is unsustainable. We need the state to build housing and to rent it out to *every* American. We do not need home owners. Thatcher in the UK and Reagan in the United States implemented this long failed policy.
    How do you plan on executing people like me if people like yourself have all been executed far in advance of you ever having the power to actually do a fucking thing? Dummy.

19. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Frank,

Guess who is from New York City...

It is no big surprise to see hurtful posts here. That's normal, so with a giant stress factor like this pandemic, it's got people freaked out. Makes sense that we would see more hurtful posting (if that's even possible.)

I bet a lot of these big talkers actually do care about others. They just want to sound all macho like perhaps some favorite movie character. It's a wall people put up to hide their emotions behind.

There are still just as many caring people as there ever were. Probably more so, now that we are all on the same side in WWIII. There are some stages to go through for this.

Denial, anger, depression, bargaining, and acceptance.

Looks like we are pretty much past the first stage and into the second.
    I hope you are correct, Poli. Sometimes I read the posts...and the anger just boils over in me.

I just re-read my post...and I understand what you are saying here.

Thanks.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-29-2020)

21. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

I hope you are correct, Poli. Sometimes I read the posts...and the anger just boils over in me.

I just re-read my post...and I understand what you are saying here.

Thanks.
    There's way too much anger boiling over...here, there and everywhere...Most people want only to help...and for things to improve...we ARE All on the same side when it comes to our families and neighbors, aren't we?
    Anger, frustration, panic, and the like only slows the process down....there's so much work to do....Just do it....
    Stay well....

22. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    There's way too much anger boiling over...here, there and everywhere...Most people want only to help...and for things to improve...we ARE All on the same side when it comes to our families and neighbors, aren't we?
    Anger, frustration, panic, and the like only slows the process down....there's so much work to do....Just do it....
    Stay well....
    Stay well yourself, TOP.

We gotta get through this crisis in one piece!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

TOP (03-29-2020)

24. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Stay well yourself, TOP.

We gotta get through this crisis in one piece!
    Thanks so much...we can and we will..
    Working hard on it here... It's So crucial for everyone to work together...bottom line...