Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will there be repercussions?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Default Will there be repercussions?

As trump supporters deify him, and claim he will miraculously be able to cure America of this disease... Will there repercussions if he fails?

trump would literally need to raise the dead to keep his promises about the severity of the disease, but if it does not get worse, he will deserve strong consideration.... But what if it does get worse? What if a million more people are dead in November? Shouldn't we all agree to vote against trump then?

Promising to vote against trump if this turns out not to be a hoax should cost Republicans who believe this is a hoax nothing, and yet I doubt they will do it. They know in their hearts they are lying about this being nothing.

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At Walt For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-26-2020), Loving91390 (03-26-2020)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walt For This Post:

Cinnabar (03-25-2020), ThatOwlWoman (03-25-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    As trump supporters deify him, and claim he will miraculously be able to cure America of this disease... Will there repercussions if he fails?

trump would literally need to raise the dead to keep his promises about the severity of the disease, but if it does not get worse, he will deserve strong consideration.... But what if it does get worse? What if a million more people are dead in November? Shouldn't we all agree to vote against trump then?

Promising to vote against trump if this turns out not to be a hoax should cost Republicans who believe this is a hoax nothing, and yet I doubt they will do it. They know in their hearts they are lying about this being nothing.
    Trump and the GOP are probably counting on divine intervention to save the day.

5. The Following 2 Users Groan At Trumpet For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-25-2020), Loving91390 (03-26-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

They could be dying on their Death Beds ... and they would still Vote for Trump.

7. The Following User Groans At Jack For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-25-2020)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

If 10,000,000 die and I can still put food on my plate and keep a roof over my head in November I will vote for Trump. What are you going to say when we have 70+% unemployment by 5/1? What are you going to say when we have 100,000,000 in foreclosure and are still under quarantine? What are you going to say when rationing of food is enforced by the State instead of just through stores?
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

Darth Omar (03-25-2020), Earl (03-26-2020)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,415 Times in 53,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Maybe this is divine intervention to save us from the orange shitgibbon. lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

11. The Following 3 Users Groan At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-25-2020), Earl (03-26-2020), Loving91390 (03-26-2020)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Trumpet (03-25-2020)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

I can't take you seriously when you start off with such a bogus premise. Nobody has claimed that "Trump will miraculously cure America of this disease".

But for shits and giggles, you have my word that if a million confirmed dead are from COVID19 by November then I will not vote for Donald J Trump. In return, do I have your word that if there aren't a million dead in November that you will deem him a great success and vote for him?

If you aren't willing to risk something yourself, then there is no point.

You realize that at this point there are only 65,000 cases in the entire US of A right? A little over 900 deaths so far attributed to COVID19 of the people showing up with symptoms and being tested, only 14% test positive meaning 86% are sick and have something else. Those are FACTS

Do you realize how fast and far this would have to go to get 1 million deaths by November? Have you even tried to calculate it? It is an almost statistical impossibility

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post

Divine intervention goes under the Name of Vladimir Putin, without Putin, Trump will still be Grifting College Students.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Trumpet (03-25-2020)

16. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,245 Times in 2,336 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 162 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just hope there are no zombies. I hate those bastards. But I swear, I would vote for zombie Donald Trump before I would vote for live quid-pro-joe, because that dude is scarier than any zombie movie I've ever seen. Not one of you lefties can tell me in detail what that old batty bastard would do to make a post apocalyptic American economy remotely the equal of Trump's
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

ExpressLane (03-25-2020)

18. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    You realize that at this point there are only 65,000 cases in the entire US of A right? A little over 900 deaths so far attributed to COVID19 of the people showing up with symptoms and being tested, only 14% test positive meaning 86% are sick and have something else. Those are FACTS

Do you realize how fast and far this would have to go to get 1 million deaths by November? Have you even tried to calculate it? It is an almost statistical impossibility
    The death numbers are rising at about 20% a day. So how far would it have to go to get to a million, about 6 weeks. It is not just statistically possible, it is starting to look likely. What are the limits that could stop it from getting to a million?

1) It could naturally run out of room to grow. With an R0 of between 2 and 2.5 we can expect between 25% and 75% of Americans to get it. Even the lower number of that would be 80 million Americans, if you figure the lower mortality rate of 1%, you get 800,000. It is hard to get below 100,000.

2) Containment... The problem here is that it is doubtful there are only 65,000 cases. People are being tested not because they are sick, but because they were around someone who is sick. Other people who got the disease are not being tested. It is too late to contain the disease completely, though we can still slow things down.

3) The seasons change... Spring will definitely come, but whether that means the Coronavirus will fade, no one knows. Some diseases do fade, but others do not. No one has ever tested Covid-19 in the Spring, for obvious reasons. Other Coronaviruses have not faded with Spring. If it does fade, it will hit us in a second wave in the Fall, and will kill between 100,000 and 1,000,000 people then.

4) A vaccine will be available in a year, or maybe a year and a half, or this could be like HIV and nothing for decades. Even if we get it in a year, many will be dead by then.

5) A miracle or miracle cure... No miracles yet, but maybe pence has not been praying enough.

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    I just hope there are no zombies. I hate those bastards. But I swear, I would vote for zombie Donald Trump before I would vote for live quid-pro-joe, because that dude is scarier than any zombie movie I've ever seen. Not one of you lefties can tell me in detail what that old batty bastard would do to make a post apocalyptic American economy remotely the equal of Trump's
    You may be a zombie. Not literally, but you may have a disease that is changing your ability to think. There are many diseases moving through us at any time. We only really notice them when they kill us or make us sick. But if a disease changes our way of thinking, would we notice it?

And some diseases do just that. Toxoplasmosis causes mice to "present" to cats. They basically stand in front of a cat, and do not run away. The cat eats the mouse, and gets toxoplasmosis. Humans getting toxoplasmosis has been connected with a much higher likelihood of getting into car accidents even as pedestrians. Basically, humans "present" to cars.

Now trump voters have the strongest correlation to worsen health outcomes. For some reason, these people have decided to take up self destructive behavior from smoking to not wearing the seatbelts and even opioid use. This could be caused by an infectious disease that is going undiagnosed.

And this disease could cause you to vote for trump, a man who spent a minute chanting "I like Ike" at a political rally for no reason. You might have some sort of zombie disease that causes you to vote for trump.

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Trump broke pretty much every promise he made. The people who still support Trump don't care about his promises.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

Walt (03-25-2020)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

The death numbers are rising at about 20% a day. So how far would it have to go to get to a million, about 6 weeks. It is not just statistically possible, it is starting to look likely. What are the limits that could stop it from getting to a million?

1) It could naturally run out of room to grow. With an R0 of between 2 and 2.5 we can expect between 25% and 75% of Americans to get it. Even the lower number of that would be 80 million Americans, if you figure the lower mortality rate of 1%, you get 800,000. It is hard to get below 100,000.

2) Containment... The problem here is that it is doubtful there are only 65,000 cases. People are being tested not because they are sick, but because they were around someone who is sick. Other people who got the disease are not being tested. It is too late to contain the disease completely, though we can still slow things down.

3) The seasons change... Spring will definitely come, but whether that means the Coronavirus will fade, no one knows. Some diseases do fade, but others do not. No one has ever tested Covid-19 in the Spring, for obvious reasons. Other Coronaviruses have not faded with Spring. If it does fade, it will hit us in a second wave in the Fall, and will kill between 100,000 and 1,000,000 people then.

4) A vaccine will be available in a year, or maybe a year and a half, or this could be like HIV and nothing for decades. Even if we get it in a year, many will be dead by then.

5) A miracle or miracle cure... No miracles yet, but maybe pence has not been praying enough.
    You people are going to be so disappointed....

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-25-2020), Stone (03-26-2020)

24. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    You people are going to be so disappointed....
    The word is "overjoyed", or possibly "relieved". If you expect a bad thing to happen, and it does not, you are overjoyed.

You were sure this was going to get better. So far it has been getting worse by 20% a day. Are you disappointed yet?

25. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

We will not see a million deaths

We are most likely in the downward slope of the REAL bell shaped curve

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    We will not see a million deaths

We are most likely in the downward slope of the REAL bell shaped curve
    Infectious diseases grow exponentially until they reach a barrier. What is the barrier that would cause a downward slope? The obvious barrier would be enough people have already been infected, but that would require 80 to 240 million more Americans to get it. The vaccine is at least a year away. trump failed at containment.

Lets say Covid-19 is different from the rest of the coronaviruses and we see a reduction for Spring. That is possible, but that would mean a second wave in Fall. And we are back to 100,000 to 1,000,000 dead, just a bit later.