Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: KENTUCKIANS HAVE A COVID PARTY TO INFECT EACH OTHER--It worked

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    If you're willing to gamble with your life, and you believe what Fox News and Trump says, by all means.
    Well, if you think it's about gambling just read the stats. Odds are great for survival of those under 40 with no mitigating health issues.
    Plus the medical profession is now receiving plasma from those having it to create the vaccine.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

TOP (03-26-2020)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    Well, if you think it's about gambling just read the stats. Odds are great for survival of those under 40 with no mitigating health issues.
    Plus the medical profession is now receiving plasma from those having it to create the vaccine.
    I have two questions for you, how long before the vaccine is available, and I thought the GOP was all about believing in the sanctity of life, and now Trump is preaching what is more important a few lives or the economy, how do you justify what Trump is saying?????????????????

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,758 Times in 11,557 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 889 Times in 847 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    I have two questions for you, how long before the vaccine is available, and I thought the GOP was all about believing in the sanctity of life, and now Trump is preaching what is more important a few lives or the economy, how do you justify what Trump is saying?????????????????
    It usually takes about a year.

Get out of panic mode. Disease happens. Life happens. Death happens.
    The entire world is always trying to make good medicines and vaccines.
    Go enjoy your life. It's brief.
    Abortion rights dogma can obscure human reason & harden the human heart so much that the same person who feels
    empathy for animal suffering can lack compassion for unborn children who experience lethal violence and excruciating
    pain in abortion.

Unborn animals are protected in their nesting places, humans are not. To abort something is to end something
    which has begun. To abort life is to end it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretch For This Post:

TOP (03-26-2020)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    High likelihood of survival. Huge. Bigly even.
    Are you the sage who touted his low probability theory as proving his genius?

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    It usually takes about a year.

Get out of panic mode. Disease happens. Life happens. Death happens.
    The entire world is always trying to make good medicines and vaccines.
    Go enjoy your life. It's brief.
    Apparently, I'm going to get an evasive answer to my second question.

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    A lot of ppl feel that way. I'm married to one of them. Eventually we will have to open things back up, and it won't be pretty. There will be fallout. There will be far more deaths.

Show me where I said that in my fictional story about kids in my town having a COVID party, that I said that they were "out to get" anyone. I did not say that, did I? You are making false assumptions. I merely asked whether you thought it would be okay to expose yourself deliberately, then go about your business -- possibly spreading disease to others -- rather than self-quarantining. You have yet to respond to *that*.
    Repeatedly I noted that without evidence you assume that this is what is happening. And again I will tell you that I doubt it, they didn't do it to go get others sick they did it to gain immunity.

So do you think it's okay to deliberately expose yourself to an illness in the hope of getting immunity, but not taking precautions to keep from spreading it to others? Isn't that you making a health decision for others that maybe they didn't want? As I said before, if they want to get sick fine -- just stay home then and don't share it with those of us who do not want it. That's no different than someone choosing to smoke. It's his lungs and his health. But he has no right to stand by the door and puff it in your face as you pass by, does he?
    As I noted repeatedly, I spoke of criminality in that case, not because I think it is "okay" or should be without repercussion. Just repeating what you want to argue doesn't change that I already addressed this.

No, the government's role should be to assist us in handling our own health and safety, not to be Daddy and Mommy. And that's what they are doing, slow and inept as it seems they are at times. They also have a duty to protect citizens against morons like the "Let's have a party and all get COVID" types; hence the mandated social distancing in many regions.

BTW, you are not the only one who has wondered about your next meal.

Have a good day, and stay well.
    It would be the state government that would protect you against having your rights violated by somebody deliberately or negligently trying to get you sick, yeah, it is their proper role, hence my notably repetitive theme where those who would so such a thing would face consequences.... but I repeat myself (apparently have to)...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle