Thread: KENTUCKIANS HAVE A COVID PARTY TO INFECT EACH OTHER--It worked

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    High likelihood of survival. Huge. Bigly even.
    If you're willing to gamble with your life, and you believe what Fox News and Trump says, by all means.

2. The Following User Groans At Trumpet For This Awful Post:

Stretch (03-26-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-25-2020)

4. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    If you're willing to gamble with your life, and you believe what Fox News and Trump says, by all means.
    It seems that's exactly what they did, and that the great number of them will not die. Regardless, it is their life and they get to make those choices if we even pretend we're a little free. Even if Trumpet doesn't like it and thinks that everybody should hide in a box until it is all over.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

2% death rate probably means 20% are miserable beyond anything they have ever experienced and survive and 80% mild to severe cold symptoms.

These tards act like there is some binary switch Darwin installed and if you are in the 98% survival group it's like a spa.

Again, tards, take that lick the doorknob test offered to you. Walk the talk.

You just troll to support an impeached compromised criminal incompetent clown.
    You have no logic, reason, facts or relevant points to make about anything. Why you even breathe, let alone post, is mysterious.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-25-2020)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,846 Times in 14,185 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

expect any different from hillbillies ?

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Cinnabar (03-25-2020)

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,416 Times in 53,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

High likelihood of survival. Huge. Bigly even.
    So when is YOUR party? I can't go, sorry. I'll be washing my hair that night. lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Trumpet (03-25-2020)

11. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It seems that's exactly what they did, and that the great number of them will not die. Regardless, it is their life and they get to make those choices if we even pretend we're a little free. Even if Trumpet doesn't like it and thinks that everybody should hide in a box until it is all over.
    Really? So a group of kids here in town have a COVID party and infect each other, then go about their merry ways. Does body sovereignity give them the right to infect me when I encounter one at Meijer or when he hands my to-go order out the drive-through window? Does it give them the right to give it to their grandma or infant nephew or their aunt with MS?

You might want to reconsider playing Devil's Advocate. You're standing on your pointy tail.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cinnabar (03-25-2020), Guno צְבִי (03-25-2020), Trumpet (03-25-2020)

13. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Really? So a group of kids here in town have a COVID party and infect each other, then go about their merry ways. Does body sovereignity give them the right to infect me when I encounter one at Meijer or when he hands my to-go order out the drive-through window? Does it give them the right to give it to their grandma or infant nephew or their aunt with MS?

You might want to reconsider playing Devil's Advocate. You're standing on your pointy tail.
    Yep. They and their mommies and daddies will 'pray on it'.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-25-2020), Trumpet (03-25-2020)

15. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Like any activity in the United States, one cannot assume guilt, it's a constitution thing, you just wouldn't understand.

Now, if you can prove he went and got infected then showed up at your local Meijer/Krogers/King Soopers/Safeway, et al trying to infect you (or just negligently even but then lesser so) then you may have a case, "counselor". Otherwise, you are just crying because some people made a choice you wouldn't.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

16. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Like any activity in the United States, one cannot assume guilt, it's a constitution thing, you just wouldn't understand.

Now, if you can prove he went and got infected then showed up at your local Meijer/Krogers/King Soopers/Safeway, et al trying to infect you (or just negligently even but then lesser so) then you may have a case, "counselor". Otherwise, you are just crying because some people made a choice you wouldn't.
    I'm not "crying." I'm stating my opinion that people deliberately infecting themselves and then blithely spreading it through the community is immoral. Why you brought criminality into it only you know. Since you seem to think that this virus is no biggie, no doubt you're foregoing handwashing and social distancing. Hopefully you won't catch anything -- or even worse, give it to someone who dies.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-25-2020)

18. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm not "crying." I'm stating my opinion that people deliberately infecting themselves and then blithely spreading it through the community is immoral. Why you brought criminality into it only you know. Since you seem to think that this virus is no biggie, no doubt you're foregoing handwashing and social distancing. Hopefully you won't catch anything -- or even worse, give it to someone who dies.
    I talk about criminality because it is the only measure really that we can talk about politically, again, it's a constitution thing, you just wouldn't understand.

And talking about other people choosing to try to infect themselves is not the same thing as "forgoing handwashing and social distancing"... nor is assuming that they do that and then try to infect others without their consent. I find it unlikely these people did the party then went to your supermarket to try to "get" you. You shouldn't be so afraid, all this crying... It hurts our ears.

I think we are paying too high of a price for minimal safety, but I don't choose to protest this mess. My work is "essential" and all I need to travel is my work ID if they get all Nazi and start demanding papers, however I haven't left my house in just over 10 days now, I don't need to yet as I am working at home. I didn't even need to purchase toilet paper or eggs. I even call my mother daily to make sure she's good. I just don't assume that anybody in Kentucky is trying to get you sick (or anybody other than themselves), I know you intensely dislike everybody that disagrees minutely with whatever you want to believe at the moment and assume the worst of them, but I certainly don't need to, even to make Owlwomenfolk feel better.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

TOP (03-25-2020)

20. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I talk about criminality because it is the only measure really that we can talk about politically, again, it's a constitution thing, you just wouldn't understand.

And talking about other people choosing to try to infect themselves is not the same thing as "forgoing handwashing and social distancing"... nor is assuming that they do that and then try to infect others without their consent. I find it unlikely these people did the party then went to your supermarket to try to "get" you. You shouldn't be so afraid, all this crying... It hurts our ears.

I think we are paying too high of a price for minimal safety,
    but I don't choose to protest this mess. My work is "essential" and all I need to travel is my work ID if they get all Nazi and start demanding papers, however I haven't left my house in just over 10 days now, I don't need to yet as I am working at home. I didn't even need to purchase toilet paper or eggs. I even call my mother daily to make sure she's good. I just don't assume that anybody in Kentucky is trying to get you sick (or anybody other than themselves), I know you intensely dislike everybody that disagrees minutely with whatever you want to believe at the moment and assume the worst of them, but I certainly don't need to, even to make Owlwomenfolk feel better.
    Nice -- that's the most triggered I've EVER seen you, Damo. <pats self on back>

If you think that my concern is that I think some idiots in another state who went to a Virus Party are somehow out to get me personally, then you, sir, are stupid. My post did not even imply that; that's your own paranoia talking.

Thanks for outing yourself as one of the reincarnations of a robber baron in the 19th century... or a stand-in for Scrooge. So a few hundred thousand deaths are okay in your book, as long as businesses stay open?

Enjoy the hyperbole and exaggeration I just gave you in that last sentence. Don't do it to others if you don't want it done to you.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Trumpet (03-25-2020)

22. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    It’s a great idea to get it if you are certain you will have mild symptoms.

It’s called herd immunity. And no that doesn’t mean the OPs mom looks like a cow and no guy wants to fuck her
    So join the party.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Trumpet (03-25-2020)

24. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

The solution? Moonshine. Ask Larry Flynt.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Trumpet (03-25-2020)

26. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Do these imbeciles get to spread it around to the public? Do they get to use the ventilators that might otherwise save someone who unwittingly caught the virus might need?
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

27. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nice -- that's the most triggered I've EVER seen you, Damo. <pats self on back>
    Right. Gotcha.

If you think that my concern is that I think some idiots in another state who went to a Virus Party are somehow out to get me personally, then you, sir, are stupid. My post did not even imply that; that's your own paranoia talking.
    So you weren't talking about yourself when you said: "Does body sovereignity (sic) give them the right to infect me (bold and italics are mine) when I encounter one at Meijer or when he hands my (bold and italics are mine) to-go order out the drive-through window?"? Methinks you protest too much, milady.

Your concern is, as told to me by you, you believe some folks who decided to do something you don't want them to means that they are suddenly, (what did you call it?... oh yeah) "without morals" and would go infect you following rather than just stay home and recuperate then later enjoy an immunity... And your only evidence? What you want to believe about them... nothing at all more than that.

Thanks for outing yourself as one of the reincarnations of a robber baron in the 19th century... or a stand-in for Scrooge. So a few hundred thousand deaths are okay in your book, as long as businesses stay open?

Enjoy the hyperbole and exaggeration I just gave you in that last sentence. Don't do it to others if you don't want it done to you.
    Right. (rolls eyes)... Me staying at home is the same as a "robber baron" and means that death means nothing to me... It especially means that if I refuse to believe the nefarious motivation you assign to others based on nothing other than your hopeful projection of their existence "without morality".
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle