Thread: Why No Order To Build Ventilators? What IS He Waiting For? 3-24-20

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Man you're a dozy cunt even by Septic standards.
    Disagreed despite the fact you are most certainly an expert on Septic standards....not to mention your expertise in cleaning British cum off the tiles in your Thai Steam'n'Cream.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    It's difficult to understand why some Americans have increased their approval of DT after he dropped the ball on this....
    This link discusses his rise to 47% approval and, as you stated, it's not likely to last.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/27/82204...ffect-is-small
    Trump has hit his highest approval rating since becoming president – 47%, according to an average of the polls. That's an increase of nearly 3 points over the last two weeks.

On Trump's handling of the pandemic, Gallup found 60% of American adults approve. A Fox News poll out Thursday found it lower, at 51%. Reuters/Ipsos and Economist/YouGov polls similarly had it at 49%...

...Regardless, the 3-point increase in his approval rating so far is not much of a bump, certainly not the kind of increase other presidents have seen in other rally-around-the-flag moments, pollsters say.

"We're seeing although his numbers have inched up, it's still roughly in his zone of support," said Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist College Institute for Public Opinion

No doubt the time between now and Easter will be very interesting, including Trump's approval ratings.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-28-2020)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    You have been blaming the Obama administration every moment you could. Cut the BS!
    Answer the question.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    Answer the question.
    Its OK to blame the Obama administration, but not Trump??????????????

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

Its OK to blame the Obama administration, but not Trump??????????????
    Again,

When did hospital preparedness and inventory become the responsibility of the federal government?

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

When did hospital preparedness and inventory become the responsibility of the federal government?
    Not a lawyer or a doc, but I'm certain there are not only federal standards for all hospitals but also requirements for national emergencies such as backup generators, medical supplies for mass casualties, etc.

Elsewhere on this forum several Trump fans have crowed about how the US has a top ranking for preparedness. No doubt that's a federal standard.

Obviously the problem here is a shortage of a very expensive piece of equipment; ventilators.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Again,

Its just one pathetic excuse after another. Why did trump FINALLY authorize GM to produce respirators.
    If it not the job of the Federal government, why have you been blaming Obama?????????????????????????????

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    This link discusses his rise to 47% approval and, as you stated, it's not likely to last.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/27/82204...ffect-is-small
    Trump has hit his highest approval rating since becoming president – 47%, according to an average of the polls. That's an increase of nearly 3 points over the last two weeks.

On Trump's handling of the pandemic, Gallup found 60% of American adults approve. A Fox News poll out Thursday found it lower, at 51%. Reuters/Ipsos and Economist/YouGov polls similarly had it at 49%...

...Regardless, the 3-point increase in his approval rating so far is not much of a bump, certainly not the kind of increase other presidents have seen in other rally-around-the-flag moments, pollsters say.

"We're seeing although his numbers have inched up, it's still roughly in his zone of support," said Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist College Institute for Public Opinion

No doubt the time between now and Easter will be very interesting, including Trump's approval ratings.
    "Jimmy Carter saw a larger approval increase at the outset of the Iran Hostage Crisis."

Wow. There's a lot of people here who can stand Carter now.

I don't think Easter will be a big pivotal point unless DT continues to claim the country can be 'opened for business' by then. Of course, it's an idiotic idea. No way this thing will be contained by then nor that it will be safe to mix and mingle again. There won't be a vaccine and there is no treatment. It's just going to get worse.

It appears the death toll will not care about seasonal flu numbers and go right on up with little to stop it from further rise. It appears to be on a trajectory to far surpass the 37,000 figure. And I would not be surprised at all if that happens long before Easter. Either way, it is likely to happen, and we will wish then that DT had acted sooner to get more ventilators.

Obviously, since we are seeing the numbers spiking, that means we missed the opportunity to prevent that from happening.

We wanted to flatten the curve, but by the time we got serious about doing it, it was too late already.

We can forget all about flattening the curve now.

Now we are in damage-control mode.

We are just trying to reduce the peak of the spike.

That is really a far more apt description.

If only we had a CDC that would have used the WHO testing protocols instead of wasting precious time trying to go it alone and start form scratch. And then to screw that up and have to give up and go ahead and use the WHO protocols, well, that's just pathetic. They really let us down. And it's going to cost lives, lots of them.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (03-28-2020)

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Its just one pathetic excuse after another. Why did trump FINALLY authorize GM to produce respirators.
    If it not the job of the Federal government, why have you been blaming Obama?????????????????????????????
    Because GM was dragging their feet.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-did...-for-pandemic/

Several years ago, after learning that the Empire State’s stockpile of medical equipment had 16,000 fewer ventilators than the 18,000 New Yorkers would need in a severe pandemic, state public-health leaders came to a fork in the road.

They could have chosen to buy more ventilators to back up the supplies hospitals maintain. Instead, the health commissioner, Howard Zucker, assembled a task force for rationing the ventilators they already had.

In 2015, that task force came up with rules that will be imposed when ventilators run short. Patients assigned a red code will have highest access, and other patients will be assigned green, yellow or blue (the worst), depending on a “triage officer’s” decision.

In 2015, the state could have purchased the additional 16,000 needed ventilators for $36,000 apiece, or a total of $576 million. It’s a lot of money, but in hindsight, spending half a percent of the budget to prepare for pandemic was the right thing to do.
    Every life matters

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    ....I don't think Easter will be a big pivotal point unless DT continues to claim the country can be 'opened for business' by then. Of course, it's an idiotic idea. No way this thing will be contained by then nor that it will be safe to mix and mingle again. There won't be a vaccine and there is no treatment. It's just going to get worse.....
    That all depends upon whether or not Trump flip-flops on his Easter plans. I think he'll deluded enough to push it through even if only partially so he can declare victory for himself. Did you see where he wants his name on all the Stimulus checks?

BTW, if this spreads, the South could be in for major beating, especially since Trump leaving them out on their own.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...-for-the-South

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Because GM was dragging their feet.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-did...-for-pandemic/

Several years ago, after learning that the Empire State’s stockpile of medical equipment had 16,000 fewer ventilators than the 18,000 New Yorkers would need in a severe pandemic, state public-health leaders came to a fork in the road.

They could have chosen to buy more ventilators to back up the supplies hospitals maintain. Instead, the health commissioner, Howard Zucker, assembled a task force for rationing the ventilators they already had.

In 2015, that task force came up with rules that will be imposed when ventilators run short. Patients assigned a red code will have highest access, and other patients will be assigned green, yellow or blue (the worst), depending on a “triage officer’s” decision.

In 2015, the state could have purchased the additional 16,000 needed ventilators for $36,000 apiece, or a total of $576 million. It’s a lot of money, but in hindsight, spending half a percent of the budget to prepare for pandemic was the right thing to do.
    To be honest, GM was ready to go, and had sent the cost of production to Trump. He balked at the price and said he wanted to look around first. You have no idea what you are talking about.

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    That all depends upon whether or not Trump flip-flops on his Easter plans. I think he'll deluded enough to push it through even if only partially so he can declare victory for himself. Did you see where he wants his name on all the Stimulus checks?

BTW, if this spreads, the South could be in for major beating, especially since Trump leaving them out on their own.

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...-for-the-South
    OK, so if he does it, and he has a Phillidelphia 1918 moment?

And the numbers peak following Easter?

He'll pay big political points for that blunder.

I think most people will be pretty leery to take his word that it's safe to go to church by then, whether they are supporters or not. 9 out of 10 people are taking precautions seriously.

How is DT supposed to convince them it is suddenly any different or safer to gather in groups?

And what's DT think he can do? Over-ride all the local stay-at-home orders?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (03-28-2020)

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

To be honest, GM was ready to go, and had sent the cost of production to Trump. He balked at the price and said he wanted to look around first. You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Cite.
    Every life matters

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Cite.
    No my dear, you are too lazy to look it up. Try google, its easy.

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No my dear, you are too lazy to look it up. Try google, its easy.
    That's what I thought.
    Every life matters