Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: A reality check on the corona virus reactions.

1. #301 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Yeah, anything is possible … all those previous efforts by the GOP to eliminate all the gains from Roosevelt's New Deal will finally pay off. Of course, all it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

So, you got anything regarding the OP other than this?
    You go off, twice now, on unrelated subjects to avoid having to address my point (which directly addressed the OP) and now you want me to address the OP?

No wonder you've had me on IA for so long. You're embarrassed that I can destroy you so easily.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-31-2020)

3. #302 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Fauci said about 100,000=200,000 deaths when this ends, That is not regular flu. It shut the country down. This is a different animal.

4. #303 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

1. We are all "threatened" by this highly contagious new disease to one degree or another....my thing is that it is NOT the 'Andromeda Strain' as our officials art touting (directly and indirectly), which is prompting hysterical reactions (i.e., run on super markets & drug stores). Careful examination of WHO and CDC records in recent years shows annual influenza is more deadly...yet the past response was nowhere near as frantic as this one.

2. You refer to the conspiracy theory that the US gov't (under conservative rule, by the way) is going to us this crisis to invoke a police state. I find that interesting, since the people purporting this were dead silent when official "protest zones" were established during recent GOP conventions, or the way the "Occupy Wall St." folk were shut down, or when the conservative majority of the SCOTUS ruled that corporations are "people" and money is considered free speech. Nope, not a peep as these seeds of dictatorship and oligarchy were being sown. So forgive me if I put NO credence in this current mantra.

3. Dump and company dithered for about 6 weeks before taking serious action. Again, I'm all for caution and preventative measures....not the hap hazard, near panic inducing guff we've been witnessing.

4. Which "senile bully" do you refer to? Remember, Dump and the Dem candidates for the upcoming election (and the Congressional leadership of both sides) are all senior citizens who have had questionable actions recently.
    I'm afraid you're going to have to face the fact that the last German fuhrer is ruling in America, backed by the many fascists there. As I just mentioned elsewhere, one of the last survivors of the 1918 Spanish flu has just died of the Trumpvirus. Perhaps that will liberate you eventually, but it may take a big investment in psychology. About the police-state danger, read, amongst other things, the right-wing 'Economist'.
    Last edited by Iolo/Penderyn; 03-30-2020 at 06:56 AM.

5. #304 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

'Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post

I think you should kill yourself. You're a nobody. You'll always be a nobody. You're a moron. You will always be a moron. No one will miss you. No one would care. The worlds collective IQ would increase and it would save the valuable oxygen you waste with every breath.'

I was informed by one of the Hitler-Youth-as-Was that I needed to remember this was a debating site. It is good to have such a perfect example of what they mean!

6. #305 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,572 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    What will you be posting if more than 12,428 Americans die of Coronavirus?

Let's make a bet: If more than 12,428 Americans die of Coronavirus, you will resign your username forever. Sure, you'll make another one, but you'll give up "Truth Detector"...which everyone knows is a joke since you aren't.

If there are less than 12,428 American deaths, I'll do the same. Final body count to be taken 1JAN21. Are you game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    By the way; I don't post bullshit. My facts are backed up. Unlike you who are only capable of following me around like a pathetic little chihuahua and cry.

COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance*†
    Total cases: 103,321
    Total deaths: 1,668
    Everyone should realize why TD didn't take the bet; current death total: 3,021. TD has proved he's a liar, a coward and a person who either refuses to stand up for their convictions or knows they are spreading bullshit...which makes him a liar.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-31-2020)

8. #306 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,334 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Everyone should realize why TD didn't take the bet; current death total: 3,021. TD has proved he's a liar, a coward and a person who either refuses to stand up for their convictions or knows they are spreading bullshit...which makes him a liar.
    3,021 is less than 12,428 dumb fuck.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

9. #307 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PendeJo View Post

'Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post

I think you should kill yourself. You're a nobody. You'll always be a nobody. You're a moron. You will always be a moron. No one will miss you. No one would care. The worlds collective IQ would increase and it would save the valuable oxygen you waste with every breath.'
    [/I]

I was informed by one of the Hitler-Youth-as-Was that I needed to remember this was a debating site. It is good to have such a perfect example of what they mean!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

10. #308 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,629 Times in 4,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's too early to tell isn't a refutation. Perhaps you need to brush up on your IQ? The WHO doesn't know either. They are ..... wait for it....GUESSING.

He was CONCERNED isn't a fact. It is a .... wait for it....concern. It doesn't refute Trump's statements which are not lies. Follow statement in #1.

First you need to have the intelligence to distinguish whats a fact and what is an opinion or educated guess. Let me assist you:

Joe Biden: "They're going to put you back in chains." That is an outright lie.

Trump; "The coronavirus would weaken “when we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.” That is a STATEMENT based on FACTS. Over time, viruses do weaken and these types are known to recede into the warmer months.

I find this ironic coming from someone trying to profligate pure unadulterated bullshit from a leftist source and who illustrates a complete lack of comprehension what constitutes a lie.

That is because they knew that it was a lie used to promote a partisan political legislation that was built on nothing but lies snowflake. EVERYTHING Obama said about Obamacare was a LIE.

Apparently you lack the IQ to comprehend what a LIE actually is. Democrats also promised Obamcare would reduce healthcare costs and make us all healthier. Since then, all we hear from the Party of the Jackass is how badly we need to FIX Obamacare basically acknowledging they LIED to the American sheeple. Lies that only leftist sheep like you could believe.

So if you are lied to by a Democrat, it's okay as long as they apologize for LYING? STFU.

Your first clue they were lying to everyone was when Pelosi declared that they would have to pass the legislation in order to find out what was in it. How fucking dimwitted is that?

To date, I haven't seen any leftists or the media cop to being wrong on just about EVERYTHING and LYING like pathological loons to the American people. RUSSIA, Mueller, Avenatti, Stormy, Ukraine.....the list of lies from the left and the PHONY media are long snowflake. If anything, the morons on the left should be apologizing for trying to destroy the institution of the Presidency, attacking America and being lying leftist loons.

Run along; you're really not interested in honest debate. You just want to continue promoting a lie filled, anti-American leftist agenda and narrative.
    1. It's called CONTEXT, genius. All one has to do is go back, click the link and read what Fauci was responding to, which was Dumps declaration of the complete opposite of what the man says here. Are you really this foolish to think your out of context ploys can work in a printed and recorded medium? Maybe with the willfully ignorant Rush Limbaugh/Fox News audience, but not to critical thinking, intellectually honest folk.

2. See #1.

3. Stop acting dumber than you are....it has been proven via transcript documentation that Dump's statements were NOT base on what the White House medical science folk were saying....much less NHI or WHO. Here's more for you to deny:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ncing-april-30
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6535483/c...virus-experts/
    https://www.salon.com/2020/03/12/off...virus-address/

4. Given the chronology of the posts, it's clear you favor you opinion, supposition and conjecture along with severe intellectual myopia and a bad revisionist attitude over ALL the facts and the logic derived from such.

5. Prove it! Not your opinion, but with documented FACTS. If you can't, that makes you a lying right wing toady.

6. Once again for the mentally challenged: if you make an incorrect statement, and then repeat said statement despite being shown proof that it is incorrect, then you are a liar. It is DOCUMENTED in video, print and audio that Obama admitted he was wrong and pushed to fix problems rather than toss everything and go back to the old flawed standard. A matter of fact, a matter of history whether you like/accept it or not.

7. I noticed that you avoid acknowledging that Dump NEVER admits he's wrong even when publicly shown to be so. Since your tin gods in the GOP stated before any facts or investigations started that they would not even give Dump a censure or reprimand from the Senate makes all your blathering irrelevant ( Stormy Daniels? Seriously? Who in the Dem party endorsed that? Proof please?).

Once again, you've proven to be nothing but a smoke blowing BS artist. So unless you can start using facts instead of your opinions and such, you're done.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

11. #309 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,572 Times in 51,893 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

3,021 is less than 12,428 dumb fuck.
    The sane people on this forum, you know, those not "protected" behind the locked doors of a mental facility, realize that comparing 12,428 deaths over a year to 3,021 deaths in one month is insane.

Go back to your lithium, sir.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Taichiliberal (03-31-2020)

13. #310 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
    1. We are all "threatened" by this highly contagious new disease to one degree or another....my thing is that it is NOT the 'Andromeda Strain' as our officials art touting (directly and indirectly), which is prompting hysterical reactions (i.e., run on super markets & drug stores). Careful examination of WHO and CDC records in recent years shows annual influenza is more deadly...yet the past response was nowhere near as frantic as this one.

2. You refer to the conspiracy theory that the US gov't (under conservative rule, by the way) is going to us this crisis to invoke a police state. I find that interesting, since the people purporting this were dead silent when official "protest zones" were established during recent GOP conventions, or the way the "Occupy Wall St." folk were shut down, or when the conservative majority of the SCOTUS ruled that corporations are "people" and money is considered free speech. Nope, not a peep as these seeds of dictatorship and oligarchy were being sown. So forgive me if I put NO credence in this current mantra.

3. Dump and company dithered for about 6 weeks before taking serious action. Again, I'm all for caution and preventative measures....not the hap hazard, near panic inducing guff we've been witnessing.

4. Which "senile bully" do you refer to? Remember, Dump and the Dem candidates for the upcoming election (and the Congressional leadership of both sides) are all senior citizens who have had questionable actions recently.

I'm afraid you're going to have to face the fact that the last German fuhrer is ruling in America, backed by the many fascists there. As I just mentioned elsewhere, one of the last survivors of the 1918 Spanish flu has just died of the Trumpvirus. Perhaps that will liberate you eventually, but it may take a big investment in psychology. About the police-state danger, read, amongst other things, the right-wing 'Economist'.
    Since I've done no such denying of the dangers of the current administrations antics makes your first sentence perplexing....you do understand the point of the OP and subject title, right? And I did not see your post, but if a survivor of h 1918 Spanish flu was still alive, they would have been damn near 100 and not exactly in pristine health...in other words, a prime candidate to a victim of ANY flu season. That's common sense.

Let me clarify for you: the current administration is trying to cover up the FACT that their 6 weak delay (despite warnings) in prudent action has allowed this virus to spread at the velocity to which it has. Our MSM is now in near hysteria mode, but the calm citizen can look at the information and compare it to past flu seasons to see we are not in the severe danger as promoted. Prudence and common sense will win the day when all the "predictions" don't pan out. And this will NOT be a feather in Dump's cap, as he hopes with up coming elections. Capice'?
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (04-01-2020)

15. #311 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The sane people on this forum, you know, those not "protected" behind the locked doors of a mental facility, realize that comparing 12,428 deaths over a year to 3,021 deaths in one month is insane.

He's not the brightest bulb on the tree, but just blathers on as if his warped, myopic views are fact and logical. Sad, really.

George Orwell

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-31-2020)

17. #312 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
    Yeah, anything is possible … all those previous efforts by the GOP to eliminate all the gains from Roosevelt's New Deal will finally pay off. Of course, all it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

So, you got anything regarding the OP other than this?
    You go off, twice now, on unrelated subjects to avoid having to address my point (which directly addressed the OP) and now you want me to address the OP?

No wonder you've had me on IA for so long. You're embarrassed that I can destroy you so easily.
    Your reading comprehension is pathetic....either that or your just a very ignorant liar. The chronology of the posts shows exactly whom I'm responding to and how my responses contents are accurate and relevant. Your problem is that you can't logically or factually debate an issue when your beliefs and viewpoints are clearly in jeopardy. That makes rational discussion with you impossible. So if you're just going to continue on this silly path of yours, I'll just put you back where you belong.

George Orwell

18. #313 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    Fauci said about 100,000=200,000 deaths when this ends, That is not regular flu. It shut the country down. This is a different animal.
    Fauci predicts...yet he does not take into account the higher rates of hospitalizations and deaths in previous flu years under the same time frame. At least that's what's in the WHO records. Go figure.

Mind you, this is a new flu with a higher contagious element....but not a higher mortality rate than past flus.

George Orwell

19. #314 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

1. It's called CONTEXT, genius. All one has to do is go back, click the link and read what Fauci was responding to, which was Dumps declaration of the complete opposite of what the man says here. Are you really this foolish to think your out of context ploys can work in a printed and recorded medium? Maybe with the willfully ignorant Rush Limbaugh/Fox News audience, but not to critical thinking, intellectually honest folk.

2. See #1.

3. Stop acting dumber than you are....it has been proven via transcript documentation that Dump's statements were NOT base on what the White House medical science folk were saying....much less NHI or WHO. Here's more for you to deny:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ncing-april-30
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6535483/c...virus-experts/
    https://www.salon.com/2020/03/12/off...virus-address/

4. Given the chronology of the posts, it's clear you favor you opinion, supposition and conjecture along with severe intellectual myopia and a bad revisionist attitude over ALL the facts and the logic derived from such.

5. Prove it! Not your opinion, but with documented FACTS. If you can't, that makes you a lying right wing toady.

6. Once again for the mentally challenged: if you make an incorrect statement, and then repeat said statement despite being shown proof that it is incorrect, then you are a liar. It is DOCUMENTED in video, print and audio that Obama admitted he was wrong and pushed to fix problems rather than toss everything and go back to the old flawed standard. A matter of fact, a matter of history whether you like/accept it or not.

7. I noticed that you avoid acknowledging that Dump NEVER admits he's wrong even when publicly shown to be so. Since your tin gods in the GOP stated before any facts or investigations started that they would not even give Dump a censure or reprimand from the Senate makes all your blathering irrelevant ( Stormy Daniels? Seriously? Who in the Dem party endorsed that? Proof please?).

Once again, you've proven to be nothing but a smoke blowing BS artist. So unless you can start using facts instead of your opinions and such, you're done.

20. #315 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wrong again you clueless asshat; It wasn't one year, the H1N1 began on April 15, 2009. Obama didn't declare it a health emergency until October 24, 2009. 12,428 Americans lost their lives in that time frame. That's an average of 2,084 deaths per month.

Covid hasn't been over a one month period you lying buffoon; those are deaths since the virus was first arrived January 15th. That would be 76 days or nearly three months shit-for-brains.

Go fuck yourself with a cattle prod you ignorant, lying asshat.