Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, FUCK THE POLICE, tinfoil, Blackwater Lunchbreak, The Anonymous, USFREEDOM911, PostmodernProphet, Legion, canceled.2021.2, canceled.2021.3, Text Drivers are Killers, Getin the ring, RB 60, TOP, volsrock, Guno צְבִי, artichoke, Bobb, Flanders, Grokmaster and Stone

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: No trolls, adult conversation about Coronavirus.

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,628 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Report from the Appalachian mountains.

WE are doing great here, my kids are having fun playing on the Mountain, Chopping wood, playing in the creek, catching trout, building fires and watching a movie on DVD at night.

The grocery store, half an hour drive down the mountain, has been fine short on supplies but nothing serious. That, the spotty and barely working internet and a phone line at a spot down the road is all the contact we have had with the outside world. It has been awesome for us, but I have empathy for the rest of the world. I hope this thing does not spread any more than necessary.

WE will be heading back to Palm Beach County in a few days, and I hate to think of what awaits us.
    As of right now.
    Florida_COVID_Cases:PALM BEACH
    CASE DATA FOR PALM BEACH

Total Cases: 241
    Residents: 230
    Residents Not in Florida: 2
    Non-Residents: 9

Demographics of Cases
    Men: 131
    Women: 104

Conditions and Care
    Deaths: 5
    Hospitalizations: 34

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

WE are doing great here, my kids are having fun playing on the Mountain, Chopping wood, playing in the creek, catching trout, building fires and watching a movie on DVD at night.

The grocery store, half an hour drive down the mountain, has been fine short on supplies but nothing serious. That, the spotty and barely working internet and a phone line at a spot down the road is all the contact we have had with the outside world. It has been awesome for us, but I have empathy for the rest of the world. I hope this thing does not spread any more than necessary.

WE will be heading back to Palm Beach County in a few days, and I hate to think of what awaits us.
    You should stay. Sounds terrific.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Maybe Trump will make his hotels available.
    I'd rather sleep on a sewer cap.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,176 Times in 14,712 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzomin View Post
    I was told to wear a mask and gloves to go shopping and was shocked to see everyone else was wearing clothes.
    So you went naked?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-28-2020)

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I<3Big Anime Tiddies View Post
    Well when lockdowns are still in place in several months then what will your response be?
    You don't think Trump is going to get his way about Easter?

As for lockdowns, it isn't martial law. What is the penalty where you live if a person is walking their dog in a park?

In Texas, there is no penalty.....but we also have open carry soooooo.......
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

7. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,176 Times in 14,712 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    I'd rather sleep on a sewer cap.
    I'm sure that would make Trump very happy.

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Trump is pushing hard to restart the economy despite the high risk to a large demographic of Trump voters. The Republicans are resisting him because they understand the science, or are listening to the experts. In the end, I think Trump will win. Could be a complete win or a partial win. About 3 weeks after Easter is Cinco de Mayo. Should be fun.

Once Trump lets that particular Genie out of the bottle, it will be difficult for him to put it back in because he never admits to making a mistake. He'll ride that horse all the way to the election, blaming both the Chinese and the Democrats the whole way. If the economy picks up again, despite thousands of dead older Trump voters, that's a point in his favor. If the COVID-19 death count exceeds the annual flu death rates, that'll work against him on election day.

All of that is from a purely economic and political point of view, not the tens of thousands of tragedies Americans will suffer by burying their dead.
    A solid take based on Trump's mental state and the lay of the land. My divergence is that if Trump does as you suggest and the virus reboots after a supposed decline,
    it will cost him the election for certain. He can't afford to have an uptick in numbers inarguably pointing at his decision. That's why I think he
    will try and insulate himself by replacing real scientists with Cudlow, Cato and Heritage whores who will "counsel" him to reopen the economy, (at gunpoint)
    then he will have another figleaf, like "blaming China" for our handling of a pandemic. He needs to replace that talking point if he
    "undeclares" a national emergency.

Either your take or mine, Trump will display a crass disregard for life in the econ versus lives lost scale, just in mine he will more adroitly
    attempt his deflection, lies and science denial and blame game. He is an untrustworthy criminal by nature. Nothing will ever change that except
    his death.

However Trump acts, he will lie and claim it is on advice of the "best" even when contraindicated. He does not want to do what is best because that is not in his political interest.
    Trumplings will support him no matter what and adopt absolutely anything he says as gospel, because they are all stupid and god willing, will all die excrtiating deaths
    for supporting a fascist traitor in the formerly great and undivided USA

10. The Following User Groans At Micawber For This Awful Post:

11. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A solid take based on Trump's mental state and the lay of the land. My divergence is that if Trump does as you suggest and the virus reboots after a supposed decline,
    it will cost him the election for certain. He can't afford to have an uptick in numbers inarguably pointing at his decision. That's why I think he
    will try and insulate himself by replacing real scientists with Cudlow, Cato and Heritage whores who will "counsel" him to reopen the economy,
    then he will have another figleaf, like "blaming China" for our handling of a pandemic. He needs to replace that talking point if he

Either your take or mine, Trump will display a crass disregard for life in the econ versus lives lost scale, just in mine he will more adroitly
    attempt his deflection, lies and science denial and blame game. He is an untrustworthy criminal by nature. Nothing will ever change that except
    his death.
    Time will tell. Overall, I find it all very interesting.....like the ancient Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,689 Times in 5,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

You should stay. Sounds terrific.
    I have lots to tend to in FLA, and my dogs caretaker is leaving Monday.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,689 Times in 5,192 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    As of right now.
    Florida_COVID_Cases:PALM BEACH
    CASE DATA FOR PALM BEACH

Total Cases: 241
    Residents: 230
    Residents Not in Florida: 2
    Non-Residents: 9

Demographics of Cases
    Men: 131
    Women: 104

Conditions and Care
    Deaths: 5
    Hospitalizations: 34
    I was told heat and sunshine killed the virus?!?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have lots to tend to in FLA, and my dogs caretaker is leaving Monday.
    That's the one problem with dogs. They are almost like having kids. My cats don't pine for me and I won't mourn
    for them as much when they die, like I did with my dog.

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

I was told heat and sunshine killed the virus?!?
    I was told that garlic and a silver cross would kill you!!

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That's the one problem with dogs. They are almost like having kids. My cats don't pine for me and I won't mourn
    for them as much when they die, like I did with my dog.
    Doggy doors and fenced in backyard are great for dogs. Cats too since I no longer have a litter box in the house.

17. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

will try and insulate himself by replacing real scientists with Cudlow, Cato and Heritage whores who will "counsel" him to reopen the economy, (at gunpoint)

his death.

However Trump acts, he will lie and claim it is on advice of the "best" even when contraindicated. He does not want to do what is best because that is not in his political interest.
    Trumplings will support him no matter what and adopt absolutely anything he says as gospel, because they are all stupid and god willing, will all die excrtiating deaths
    for supporting a fascist traitor in the formerly great and undivided USA
    Your time is over, now fuck off!!

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nobody cares, fucking stay there!!