Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Long Hair/Afro's Return?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    so you've never heard of the hair band/hair metal of the 80s? the grunge rock of the 90s?
    Oh, I definitely remember those times!

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,539 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    You'd better delete Guano's booking photo before Rana sees it.
    sorry goyim i have a full head of hair
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Nah, hippies can’t afford SF. Plus all you ex-hippies who were going to change the world only care about your 401K’s and home values now.
    If I am not mistaken, they couldn't afford it then, and if that generation didn't have an effect we'd all be stuck in the world of Ozzie and Harriet

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    If I am not mistaken, they couldn't afford it then, and if that generation didn't have an effect we'd all be stuck in the world of Ozzie and Harriet
    ""There was once a time when the old Victorian homes of Haight-Ashbury were some of the cheapest in the city. Hard to believe, but true. The low prices drew thousands of youth to the area in the mid ’60s, and it quickly became the heart of the burgeoning hippie culture. Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, and the Grateful Dead all moved in during this time, and made this neighbourhood the epicentre of LSD-fuelled artistic expression and free love. The neighbourhood was so well known as the heart of hippie (and drug) culture that a New York Times reporter referred to the Haight-Ashbury neighbourhood as “Hashbury” during this time.""

https://www.urbanadventures.com/blog...san-francisco/

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    sorry goyim i have a full head of hair
    is it this one?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Now that barber shops are shut down across the country thanks to the Boomer Removal virus all you old ex-dirty hippies get to relieve your youth and let your hair grow out.

Hell yea. I currently wear my hair short but when I retire I plan on growing it long again and enjoy being a hippy again.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Come on now Millennial. Do they not teach hair history in your school? Yes, long hair has existed as long as man has. But long hair was a staple of the hippie generation (and moving into the '70's).
    You know what was funny? I was a long haired hippy back when I was a young Republican in college. Back then being conservative wasn’t a litmus test for being a Republican. There was even a substantial liberal wing of the party. I ended up in a leadership role because I was pretty good at political strategy.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    You know what was funny? I was a long haired hippy back when I was a young Republican in college. Back then being conservative wasn’t a litmus test for being a Republican. There was even a substantial liberal wing of the party. I ended up in a leadership role because I was pretty good at political strategy.
    You would know better than I having lived through it but I thought it was more a overall cultural thing of the time (although I could obviously be wrong about that). I was just making fun of the hippies because that what’s Cartman would do.

(I look at my father’s pictures from the ‘70’s when he was a semi-hippie/professor and he definitely had the long hair as did many of his friends/colleagues)

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Come on now Millennial. Do they not teach hair history in your school? Yes, long hair has existed as long as man has. But long hair was a staple of the hippie generation (and moving into the '70's).
    according to racist white men......another stereotype they they made up.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Hell yea. I currently wear my hair short but when I retire I plan on growing it long again and enjoy being a hippy again.
    You can come back looking like my man Oscar Gamble!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (03-23-2020)

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,902 Times in 7,962 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

When I was in high school the high top fade was in (think Kid from Kid N' Play) and the '80's metal hair bands were all over MTV. But this board is dominated by Boomers and that's who I was addressing.
    So you came of age in the self absorbed yuppie douchebag "Asshole 80's", eh?

Explains a lot.

How are you going to let your hair grow in the absence of barber shops?...

https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sid it ever go away ?
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You would know better than I having lived through it but I thought it was more a overall cultural thing of the time (although I could obviously be wrong about that). I was just making fun of the hippies because that what’s Cartman would do.

(I look at my father’s pictures from the ‘70’s when he was a semi-hippie/professor and he definitely had the long hair as did many of his friends/colleagues)
    I don’t know about cultural so much as a generational change. Long hair was a thumb on the nose towards the establishment which was a shock to the previous generation which had a far higher and simpler respect for authority.

This was generational sea change that began in WW1, continued through the Second World War and Korea and culminated in unpopular Vietnam war. For three generations the young men of Western Society had been gathered up, marched into machine gun and artillery fire with profligate inhumanity by the older generations who sat safely behind them, called them cowards if they didn’t adhere to their anachronistic view of honor and duty and denied them political rights to have a say in how those wars and sacrificing their lives, should be prosecuted.

The long hair of the young men of the sixties and seventies became a visible symbol that told the older generation that we live in a Republic and we have rights and you can’t sacrifice our lives without giving us a say. That resulted in the political movement that changed the legal adult age from 21 to the legal age to be drafted of 18.

So long hair was a symbol of youth movement that ended the draft and of nation States decimating their population of young men and securing greater rights for women and minorities.

One can tell who the least valued members of a society are by how the are treated and prior to the 60’s it was pretty damned obvious that young men, old women and blacks were the least valued members of society. The youth generation of the 60’s and 70’s, in other words the Boomer generation changed all of that and long hair to our generation is a strong symbol of that huge sea change that happened.

So it really burns my ass to watch millennials, who are unquestionably the weakest pussies of any American generation ever produced, who stand by and let those rights of young adults get whittled away cause they can’t be bothered to stop playing video games or having their little feelings hurt, than to take the time to fight for their rights.

That’s why millennials are the best qualified generation of Americans to handle our current crisis. Who else is better prepared to stay at home and do nothing than millennials?

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    So you came of age in the self absorbed yuppie douchebag "Asshole 80's", eh?

Explains a lot.

How are you going to let your hair grow in the absence of barber shops?...

You know you loved Alex P. Keaton

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You can come back looking like my man Oscar Gamble!

LOL No. I’m thinking more like an 18th century style queue.

By the way...what is it with millennials and their man buns? Is that their way of letting people know the like getting their hair pulled when they’re buggered?