Members banned from this thread: Legion

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Fauci throws cold water on Trump's declaration that malaria drug a 'game changer'

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,625 Times in 52,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,516 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    yes I know........no matter how stupid it makes you look........
    Just more proof you are a liar and a Satanist hiding behind a Christian mask. Why do you think others will buy into your lies?
    Your lie:
    Attachment 14677
    The truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Are you know claiming to be an atheist? It'd still make you a liar for claiming to be a Christian, but at least it would prove you are not a Satanist.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-22-2020)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,002 Times in 32,307 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,870 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just more proof you are a liar
    why call me a liar.....the truth in that post is obvious for everyone to see.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (03-23-2020)

5. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,625 Times in 52,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,516 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    why call me a liar.....the truth in that post is obvious for everyone to see.....
    You altered my post and are lying about doing it. You are compounding a lie with a lie. Just more evidence you are flagrantly and willfully breaking both God's commandment and Christ's commandment. Sad, but completely expected of you.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

6. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

7. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,002 Times in 32,307 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,870 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Blog Entries

You altered my post and are lying about doing it.
    I merely corrected your misrepresentation of what you were thinking......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (03-23-2020)

9. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 42 Times in 34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    The Australians beg to differ, why the fuck shouldn't it be tried? It's safe enough, all the contra-indications are well known as it's been around since the 1940s. Quinine, derived from the bark of the Chinchona tree has been known about since the 16th century! Anyway you miserable bastards if it doesn't then you've got something else to get Trump with?

A malaria pill from the 1940s has caught the eyes of doctors, analysts, and even Elon Musk as a potential coronavirus treatment

https://www.businessinsider.com/mala...eatment-2020-3i

That's my thinking as well, HM,

In Australia, a group of patients with confirmed COV-19 infection were used as subjects in a clinical trial to test the efficacy of TWO drugs against the coronavirus.

The drugs were: (1) HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE (brand name, "Plaquenil") and an anti-HIV drug called "KALETRA" ( which is a combination of of two antiviral drugs: LOPINAVIR and RITONAVIR).

ALL of the patients in this first clinical trial recovered COMPLETELY , and the two drugs are now being rolled out to treat COV-19 patients in over 50 hospitals across Australia.

These drugs are given orally in the form of tablets, so they are easy to administer

You are right that HYDROXYCHLOROQINE is closely related to CHOROQUINE (which President Trump mentioned) and that these two drugs are derived from QUININE which is, in turn, extracted from the bark of the Chinchona tree.

HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE an CHLOROQUINE and QUININE are all safe and well tolerated drugs. QUININE was used to treat many Australian soldiers who were infected with malaria after being exposed to mosquitoes carrying the malaria virus in the tropical jungles of New Guinea where they were fighting the Japanese in World War II. Also, if you buy a bottle TONIC WATER from your local supermarket, you will see (on the part of the label that lists all the technical details about what chemicals are in the Tonic Water) it contains QUININE; that is what gives it it unique palatably - bitter taste. CHLOROQUINE and HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE are safe, cheap drugs. Actually, That's given me an idea, I 'm going to stock up on Tonic Water and drink it instead of water or orange juice, etc from now on. Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are both quinine derivatives That means that the quine in Tonic Water will have some anti-COVID19 action when you have it in your system Drinking lots of Tonic Water could well prevent a small infection with COVID-19 from turning into a large and dangerous infection. It can't hurt to try !

The other drug that is being used in Australia to fight the coronavirus IN COMBINATION WITH hydroxychloroquine is the anti-HIV drug, "KALETRA". "KALETRA" is a mixture of two antiviral drugs :LOPINAVIR and RITONAVIR. Again, both drugs are safe and well tolerated with minimal side effects. "KALETRA" has been used for years to treat HIV patients and there have been no problems caused by the drug in these patients.

In Australia, the treatment for Corona virus infection is simple, the patient takes a tablet of "HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE and a tablet of "KALETRA" and washes them down with a sip of water. I am not sure what DAILY DOSES of these two drugs are being given to patients with COVID-19 (this is being kept a secret at present) or for how long the course of treatment needs to persist on average to achieve a total cure.

Recently in France, a large clinical trial of the drug CHLOROQUINE on patients with COVID-19 showed that just by itself, CHLOROQUINE dramatically reduced the symptoms of the Corona virus in the majority of the subjects That is, it managed to disable , or , if you like "kill" the virus ( technically speaking, viruses are not living organisms like bacteria) and stop it generating toxic symptoms. CHLOROQUINE by itself was not a 100% cure, but it seems to exert a robust effect in diminishing the symptoms and general suffering of those infected with the Corona virus. (That is, maybe CHLOROQUINE just by itself manages to deactivate, 70% - 80% - 90 %, of the COVID-19 virus in an infected patient's body).

I think Donald Trump should not listen too closely to the "ivory tower", academic, medical experts of America re dealing with the Corona virus, these people are often "worry-warts" who spend inordinate amounts of time fretting abou the necessity to find an ideal, technically perfect, solution for a problem like the COVID-19 virus. They tend, as well, to be over-conservative when it comes to recommending drug (or other) treatments for a new viral pandemic like COVID-19, (about which relatively little is yet known ,scientifically speaking, except that it has the ready potential to be lethal, and older people are highly vulnerable !!).

In my opinion, if you are POTUS, and you have a deadly, viral pandemic like COVID-19 sweeping through your country you must take a practical approach in formulating your policy to defeat the illness. Also, you have to go "on the attack" like FDR did after Pearl Harbour was bombed early in December, 1941.When the Japs bombed Pearl, FDR declared war on the Axis powers the very next day. Then he began to crank up his production of war materiel: Bomber planes, fighter planes, tanks, artillery, grenades and other explosives, guns of all kinds (hand guns to rifles to machine guns) armoured cars jeeps, amphibious vehicle and so on, to an absolute fever pitch. Everything in America was dropped to maximise the output of America's war industries; for example to make as many B-52 bombers as fast as possible, or to maximize the rate of production of Sherman Tanks and shells for the Shermans' to fire at the enemy. I forget the actual figures now, but America produced a staggering, monumental ( unprecedented) amount of war matertiel in a very rapid time. As in Britain, the whole country "came together" and pitched into the war effort, men, women, black, white, all lent their hand to make the weapons of war that were need to defeat the Axis forces. FDR knew the Nazis were a serious threat, likewise the Japanese, he knew after Pearl Harbour that they were not to be toyed with - just wiped out, and wiped out as fast as possible using whatever means were necessary (ultimately two hydrogen bombs dropped on Japan). And that is what the US did; without America the Allies could not have won the Second War. That is why I always enjoy meeting and chatting to Americans, we Australians owe the US GIs a great debt we cannot repay, were it not for them and their bravery, my country would have been cruelly decimated by the Japanese Army.That was back in 1943, but I never, ever forget. I never take the freedom I enjoy in my country for granted. Nor have our political leadership. WE are only a small country, but we have always been eager to help the US in any way that we can. When LBJ asked for help in Vietnam, we dispatched 1000s of Australian Army troops the next day.

My apologies for straying sentimentally off track The point I want to make is that the COVID pandemic is like World War II for the US. The Corona virus in America represents a full-scale national emergency, a major national crisis. The POTUS must act pragmatically and promptly to save as many lives as possible, he cannot dither about like British Prime Minister, Neville Chamberlain, did in appeasing Adolph Hitler throughout 1938/9 , etc. Right now, if I were Trump, I would be saying to myself: right, Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine are cheap, safe drugs, the French and the Australians are saying they have delivered great results with COVID-19 patients. Lets try it; WTF have we got to lose? This isn't a text book exercise - countless thousands of American lives are on the line here,

or better still...I would take an approach like this...

(TRUMP, to his COVID-19 Expert Advisory Team in the Oval Office): "Put me on the line to the Chief Aussie scientist leading the COVID-19 research and clinical trials teams in Australia, I want to talk to him ASAP! If he says that HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE together with "KALETRA" are safe, and the two drugs are well tolerated, and he confirms the combination is CURING people who are infected with COVID-19, that's good enough for me. We tell the FDA to get the fuck out of the way and we cut all of the other red-tape like it, ditto. We get some clinical trials up and running, FAST. If the results are good, we'll start to crank up our production of both drugs immediately, then roll out the two medications to those who are infected with COVID-19, beginning with the elderly. We've got nothing to lose and many thousands of lives could be saved. What's everyone think !!??

Dachshund
    Last edited by Dachshynddawg; 03-23-2020 at 12:11 AM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dachshynddawg For This Post:

anatta (03-22-2020), cancel2 2022 (03-23-2020), Earl (03-23-2020)

11. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    OK so I said it was safe for pregnancy - it's "unknown" -i stand corrected.

But it's a common drug, and it's already being prescribed off label uses. any drug has side effects.

I read the link - so that is a small part of the population that should not take it..
    you do realize however we are in a pandemic with so far only therapeutic treatments?

And now we have a clinical trial as well to back up the efficacy -so lets move.and not wait for the normal FDA protocols.. Trump has even passed the "right to try act" -use that authority if need be.

Dukkha,

The FOWLWOMAN is not too bright.

QUININE and CHLOROQUINE are antimalarial drugs that have been around a long time. CHLOROQUINE has been used extensively since the mid - 1940's to treat soldiers who had contracted malaria while working in mosquito infested places like the jungles of New Guinea and it has a good safety track- record to date, provided it is taken strictly as directed by the prescribing doctor.

QUININE is so safe they sell it in dissolved in carbonated water as "Tonic Water". QUININE gives Tonic Water its characteristic bitter taste, it is a type of bitterness that many people find palatable and "Tonic Water" is very refreshing when served chilled after playing a round of an energy-sapping sport like tennis or after labouring in hot and humid conditions.

CHLOROQUINE was mixed with another QUININE derivative called PRIMAQUINE and given to thousands of US soldiers as an antimalarial during the Vietnam war, and no serious adverse effects were reported apart from the odd case of diarrhoea or a mild transient headache.

If, like FOWLWOMAN, you have zero knowledge of drugs, (and are generally dumb), when you are prescribed CHLOROQUINE by your doctor in the US, you go to collect your prescription from your local Drug Store and then you go home. When you go home, you will discover that there is an information leaflet inside the cardboard package that contains your blister packs of Chloroquine tablets. When you read through the information leaflet (which is called a "PIL" or" Patient Information Leaflet") you will eventually come to a section called POSSIBLE ADVERSE EFFECTS. Here you will find a very long list of horrific sounding chloroquine side effects. The more terrifying side effects are usually extremely rare, for example, 1 in 300,000 or fewer person who take a course of CHLOROQUINE are likely to get them. IF even one person has suffered a serious , say optic, adverse effect of some kind from taking CHLOROQUINE and there is no doubt that this side effect was produced by CHLOROQUINE, it will appear in the "PIL" adverse effects section.

The reason that they (the chloroquine drug manufacturers) are required, by law, to list all of these extremely rare and serious side-effects is so that IF you take a course of CHLOROQUINE and the drug does do serious damage to your renal functioning (or some other kind of serious internal bodily damage), you will be unable to sue the drug company that made the brand of CHLOROQUINE you were taking This is because, In Court, the drug company would argue that you were warned about the possibility of renal damage from taking CHLOROQUINE on the PIL in "your" packet of the drug . End of story.

In short, CHLOROQUINE has a good safety record as a drug. If I was to give you (an average adult) a standard, daily dose of CHLOROQUINE, you would experience zero side-effects, or, at worst, some slight, temporary stomach discomfort or perhaps a mild, temporary headache.

I can't see any good reason for President Trump not to use CHLOROQUINE for treating COVID-19 infections, if trials of the drug in France and Australia have been very encouraging to say the least.

Dachshund
    Last edited by Dachshynddawg; 03-23-2020 at 03:16 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dachshynddawg For This Post:

anatta (03-23-2020), cancel2 2022 (03-23-2020), Earl (03-23-2020)

13. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshynddawg View Post
    That's my thinking as well, HM,

In Australia, a group of patients with confirmed COV-19 infection were used as subjects in a clinical trial to test the efficacy of TWO drugs against the coronavirus.

The drugs were: (1) HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE (brand name, "Plaquenil") and an anti-HIV drug called "KALETRA" ( which is a combination of of two antiviral drugs: LOPINAVIR and RITONAVIR).

ALL of the patients in this first clinical trial recovered COMPLETELY , and the two drugs are now being rolled out to treat COV-19 patients in over 50 hospitals across Australia.

These drugs are given orally in the form of tablets, so they are easy to administer

You are right that HYDROXYCHLOROQINE is closely related to CHOROQUINE (which President Trump mentioned) and that these two drugs are derived from QUININE which is, in turn, extracted from the bark of the Chinchona tree.

HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE an CHLOROQUINE and QUININE are all safe and well tolerated drugs. QUININE was used to treat many Australian soldiers who were infected with malaria after being exposed to mosquitoes carrying the malaria virus in the tropical jungles of New Guinea where they were fighting the Japanese in World War II. Also, if you buy a bottle TONIC WATER from your local supermarket, you will see (on the part of the label that lists all the technical details about what chemicals are in the Tonic Water) it contains QUININE; that is what gives it it unique palatably - bitter taste. CHLOROQUINE and HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE are safe, cheap drugs. Actually, That's given me an idea, I 'm going to stock up on Tonic Water and drink it instead of water or orange juice, etc from now on. Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are both quinine derivatives That means that the quine in Tonic Water will have some anti-COVID19 action when you have it in your system Drinking lots of Tonic Water could well prevent a small infection with COVID-19 from turning into a large and dangerous infection. It can't hurt to try !

The other drug that is being used in Australia to fight the coronavirus IN COMBINATION WITH hydroxychloroquine is the anti-HIV drug, "KALETRA". "KALETRA" is a mixture of two antiviral drugs :LOPINAVIR and RITONAVIR. Again, both drugs are safe and well tolerated with minimal side effects. "KALETRA" has been used for years to treat HIV patients and there have been no problems caused by the drug in these patients.

In Australia, the treatment for Corona virus infection is simple, the patient takes a tablet of "HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE and a tablet of "KALETRA" and washes them down with a sip of water. I am not sure what DAILY DOSES of these two drugs are being given to patients with COVID-19 (this is being kept a secret at present) or for how long the course of treatment needs to persist on average to achieve a total cure.

Recently in France, a large clinical trial of the drug CHLOROQUINE on patients with COVID-19 showed that just by itself, CHLOROQUINE dramatically reduced the symptoms of the Corona virus in the majority of the subjects That is, it managed to disable , or , if you like "kill" the virus ( technically speaking, viruses are not living organisms like bacteria) and stop it generating toxic symptoms. CHLOROQUINE by itself was not a 100% cure, but it seems to exert a robust effect in diminishing the symptoms and general suffering of those infected with the Corona virus. (That is, maybe CHLOROQUINE just by itself manages to deactivate, 70% - 80% - 90 %, of the COVID-19 virus in an infected patient's body).

I think Donald Trump should not listen too closely to the "ivory tower", academic, medical experts of America re dealing with the Corona virus, these people are often "worry-warts" who spend inordinate amounts of time fretting abou the necessity to find an ideal, technically perfect, solution for a problem like the COVID-19 virus. They tend, as well, to be over-conservative when it comes to recommending drug (or other) treatments for a new viral pandemic like COVID-19, (about which relatively little is yet known ,scientifically speaking, except that it has the ready potential to be lethal, and older people are highly vulnerable !!).

In my opinion, if you are POTUS, and you have a deadly, viral pandemic like COVID-19 sweeping through your country you must take a practical approach in formulating your policy to defeat the illness. Also, you have to go "on the attack" like FDR did after Pearl Harbour was bombed early in December, 1941.When the Japs bombed Pearl, FDR declared war on the Axis powers the very next day. Then he began to crank up his production of war materiel: Bomber planes, fighter planes, tanks, artillery, grenades and other explosives, guns of all kinds (hand guns to rifles to machine guns) armoured cars jeeps, amphibious vehicle and so on, to an absolute fever pitch. Everything in America was dropped to maximise the output of America's war industries; for example to make as many B-52 bombers as fast as possible, or to maximize the rate of production of Sherman Tanks and shells for the Shermans' to fire at the enemy. I forget the actual figures now, but America produced a staggering, monumental ( unprecedented) amount of war matertiel in a very rapid time. As in Britain, the whole country "came together" and pitched into the war effort, men, women, black, white, all lent their hand to make the weapons of war that were need to defeat the Axis forces. FDR knew the Nazis were a serious threat, likewise the Japanese, he knew after Pearl Harbour that they were not to be toyed with - just wiped out, and wiped out as fast as possible using whatever means were necessary (ultimately two hydrogen bombs dropped on Japan). And that is what the US did; without America the Allies could not have won the Second War. That is why I always enjoy meeting and chatting to Americans, we Australians owe the US GIs a great debt we cannot repay, were it not for them and their bravery, my country would have been cruelly decimated by the Japanese Army.That was back in 1943, but I never, ever forget. I never take the freedom I enjoy in my country for granted. Nor have our political leadership. WE are only a small country, but we have always been eager to help the US in any way that we can. When LBJ asked for help in Vietnam, we dispatched 1000s of Australian Army troops the next day.

My apologies for straying sentimentally off track The point I want to make is that the COVID pandemic is like World War II for the US. The Corona virus in America represents a full-scale national emergency, a major national crisis. The POTUS must act pragmatically and promptly to save as many lives as possible, he cannot dither about like British Prime Minister, Neville Chamberlain, did in appeasing Adolph Hitler throughout 1938/9 , etc. Right now, if I were Trump, I would be saying to myself: right, Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine are cheap, safe drugs, the French and the Australians are saying they have delivered great results with COVID-19 patients. Lets try it; WTF have we got to lose? This isn't a text book exercise - countless thousands of American lives are on the line here,

or better still...I would take an approach like this...

(TRUMP, to his COVID-19 Expert Advisory Team in the Oval Office): "Put me on the line to the Chief Aussie scientist leading the COVID-19 research and clinical trials teams in Australia, I want to talk to him ASAP! If he says that HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE together with "KALETRA" are safe, and the two drugs are well tolerated, and he confirms the combination is CURING people who are infected with COVID-19, that's good enough for me. We tell the FDA to get the fuck out of the way and we cut all of the other red-tape like it, ditto. We get some clinical trials up and running, FAST. If the results are good, we'll start to crank up our production of both drugs immediately, then roll out the two medications to those who are infected with COVID-19, beginning with the elderly. We've got nothing to lose and many thousands of lives could be saved. What's everyone think !!??

Dachshund
    Sadly this forum is full of miserable bastards that have a visceral hatred for Trump. They don't want him to succeed at anything which why they are so fucking churlish all the time.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Earl (03-23-2020)

15. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes which is why we have vaccines for the most three most common strains predicted each year. In this case, as you pointed out, there is no vaccine and probably won't be for up to 18 months.

COVID-19 is a SARS variant, not a flu variant which is why the seems to work on it. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...out/index.html
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-factsheet.pdf

https://www.mediterranee-infection.c...l_DOI_IJAA.pdf
    Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine have been found to be efficient on SARS-CoV-2, and
    reported to be efficient in Chinese COV-19 patients. We evaluate the role of
    hydroxychloroquine on respiratory viral loads....

...In late December 2019, an outbreak of an emerging disease (COVID-19) due to a novel
    coronavirus (named SARS-CoV-2 latter) started in Wuhan, China and rapidly spread in China
    and outside.

Fastlane is an MD, you're just a troll!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Earl (03-23-2020)

17. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You don't need my permission. I only object to Americans being forced to take drugs without all the short-term and long-term effects being understood. You already have the link for all of the side-effects. It doesn't work on everyone and it can be worse than the disease.

I fully support large-scale testing with volunteers. I also support funding other avenues of research including a vaccine and other possible cures.
    Every drug has contra-indications ffs, a drug is effectively just a poison. So it's important to get the dosage right and ensure that it's not prescribed to people with underlying problems that might react badly. So stop being such a monumental dick all the time, if that humanly possible. This French clinical trial has been hugely successful so what's the problem?

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...-trial-results

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

anatta (03-23-2020), Earl (03-23-2020)

19. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Every drug has contra-indications ffs, a drug is effectively just a poison. So it's important to get the dosage right and ensure that it's not prescribed to people with underlying problems that might react badly. So stop being such a monumental dick all the time, if that humanly possible. This French clinical trial has been hugely successful so what's the problem?

https://www.connexionfrance.com/Fren...-trial-results
    That's very true, there is a sense in which all drugs are indeed poisons; however, there are many people alive today who would have died years ago were it not for the drugs we use to treat certain cancers or serious cardiac disorders or many dangerous bacterial infections, or severe asthma, etc, etc.

Dachshund

20. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

There's a big row going on about hydroxychloroquine. With some people like Guano, it's almost as if they would prefer that a cure for the coronavirus should never be found rather than it be announced from the lips of President Trump. Pity they can't seem to come up with a cure for Trump Derangement Syndrome. It has been used for many decades for malaria, arthritis and lupus and is therefore safe.
    Almost? No, not almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Did you look up the drug, jackass? I checked it out in the PDR seconds after it was announced. Below are the patients who likely or won't be able to take it. Or will have to be closely monitored. (Will these people have to be hospitalized while taking it? No additional strain on the system there).

How many Americans do you think in the aggregate suffer from these 'conditions'? Each condition has its own level of concern or danger. How about adding up just the alcoholics in the country.

Oh well, at least we'll have a whole new dataset for next time.

OBVIOUSLY pregnant women.
    Patients with renal disease.
    Patients with kidney disease.
    ALCOHOLICS
    Patients with myopathy, neurological disorders
    DIABETES MELLITUS
    SEIZURE disorders

Finally, these were grouped together...

Bradycardia, cardiac arrhythmias, cardiac disease, coronary artery disease, females, geriatric, heart failure, hypertension, hypocalcemia, hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia, long QT syndrome, malnutrition, myocardial infarction, QT prolongation, thyroid disease

Hydroxychloroquine prolongs the QT interval. Use hydroxychloroquine with caution in patients with cardiac disease or other conditions that may increase the risk of QT prolongation including cardiac arrhythmias, congenital long QT syndrome, heart failure, bradycardia, myocardial infarction, hypertension, coronary artery disease, hypomagnesemia, hypokalemia, hypocalcemia, or in patients receiving medications known to prolong the QT interval or cause electrolyte imbalances. Females, geriatric patients, patients with diabetes, thyroid disease, malnutrition, liver impairment, or those who drink alcohol to excess may also be at increased risk for QT prolongation. Chronic toxicity should be considered when conduction disorders (bundle-branch block, AV block) or biventricular hypertrophy are diagnosed. If cardiotoxicity is suspected, prompt discontinuation of hydroxychloroquine may prevent life-threatening cardiac complications.

Every life matters

21. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Earl (03-23-2020)