1. #871 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    yes now, lets see, listen to Dr Fauci or a dumb WV hillbilly
    Well nobody wants to listen to a black racist Jewish supremacist like you.

2. #872 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Who "cheered" for Dr. Fauci? I support truth tellers, but I haven't seen anyone cheered for doing their fucking job.
    Well, the ‘truth’ is that anyone who approved [hows that?] of Fauci’s recommendations had to know they also approved of the economic consequences of Fauci’s recommendations.

You have to do a backflip to pin it on Trump. This is, effectively, Fauci’s economy.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. #873 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,417 Times in 52,442 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Well, the ‘truth’ is that anyone who approved [hows that?] of Fauci’s recommendations had to know they also approved of the economic consequences of Fauci’s recommendations.

You have to do a backflip to pin it on Trump. This is, effectively, Fauci’s economy.
    Those are the choices: Save maximum number of lives, save the maximum about of money or something in between. I support teh "in between" since, at a certain point, the national economy becomes a national security issue.

Trump is a fucking moron, but he didn't cause COVID-19. The US and global economy would still be in the shitter if Queen Hillary had been elected.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #874 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Those are the choices: Save maximum number of lives, save the maximum about of money or something in between. I support teh "in between" since, at a certain point, the national economy becomes a national security issue.

Trump is a fucking moron, but he didn't cause COVID-19. The US and global economy would still be in the shitter if Queen Hillary had been elected.
    I agree.

I’d go a step farther and say not a whole lot would be different. Once a virus becomes sufficiently prevalent in a population it does its thing. One area the modelers were almost certainly wrong was in assuming the virus got here January. That almost can’t be true with the amount of immigration we had from China and even Italy while China was lying about human transmission.

But this is an election year and Trump exists in the WH, so yeah.

Saying the economy is ‘just about money’ is shallow. It’s about people’s lives and don’t kid yourself—Fauci’s recommendations has caused some needless deaths. For a month the vast majority of hospitals shut down elective procedures. How many cancer diagnoses have been missed? How many people with chronic gallbladder disease wound up in the ER with an acute gangrenous bladder and died of sepsis? How many people died of strokes because they feared going to the hospital?

Schools were shut down even though kids and young adults rarely get COVID.

How many people are going to lose their jobs and then their homes? It’s not about money—it’s about healthy people having their lives destroyed.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #875 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I agree.

I’d go a step farther and say not a whole lot would be different. Once a virus becomes sufficiently prevalent in a population it does its thing. One area the modelers were almost certainly wrong was in assuming the virus got here January. That almost can’t be true with the amount of immigration we had from China and even Italy while China was lying about human transmission.

But this is an election year and Trump exists in the WH, so yeah.

Saying the economy is ‘just about money’ is shallow. It’s about people’s lives and don’t kid yourself—Fauci’s recommendations has caused some needless deaths. For a month the vast majority of hospitals shut down elective procedures. How many cancer diagnoses have been missed? How many people with chronic gallbladder disease wound up in the ER with an acute gangrenous bladder and died of sepsis? How many people died of strokes because they feared going to the hospital?

Schools were shut down even though kids and young adults rarely get COVID.

How many people are going to lose their jobs and then their homes? It’s not about money—it’s about healthy people having their lives destroyed.
    Hillary would have reacted faster and saved a few lives, but percentage wise, I agree; largely nothing would be different. Part of the problem has been occuring for years: the Federal government cuts revenue and preparedness, but ramps up debt. We've been digging ourselves into this hole for the entire 21st century. Now it's time to pay for our lack of imagination.

Blaming Fauci is even dumber than blaming Trump.

6. #876 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,067 Times in 3,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

“There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust," she told CDC Director Robert Redfield, two people familiar with the meeting told the newspaper.
    ________

I assume that statement includes the death count.

Every serum antibody test points to a low COVID CFR. And serum antibody tests will ultimately determine the mortality rate.

Sorry to disappoint.
    So, you assume that Birx doesn't think the actual death certificates counted by CDC are real.. OK.. Ignore reality.

Meanwhile, for the week of 4/11 we have 17,000 more deaths than expected. Can you tell us what caused those deaths if not Covid?
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

7. #877 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,030 Times in 14,526 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Hillary would have reacted faster and saved a few lives, but percentage wise, I agree; largely nothing would be different. Part of the problem has been occuring for years: the Federal government cuts revenue and preparedness, but ramps up debt. We've been digging ourselves into this hole for the entire 21st century. Now it's time to pay for our lack of imagination.

I guess it's easy to say what 'would have been', but if Hillary were POTUS we would still have had staff in China when this thing was first brewing. The economy would have been shut down sooner if the virus got here, but having a 4 month head start might have made for a shut down of travel around the holidays, instead of in February.

The issue that causes national security, is having an incompetent ass in charge who still funnels money to cronies for snake oil remedies.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-16-2020)

9. #878 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    So, you assume that Birx doesn't think the actual death certificates counted by CDC are real.. OK.. Ignore reality.

Meanwhile, for the week of 4/11 we have 17,000 more deaths than expected. Can you tell us what caused those deaths if not Covid?
    It appears the Trumpeteers believe COVID-19 is magical. They admit it's a serious disease, but it doesn't kill anyone since, according to them, the annual death count remains the same as last year.

10. #879 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I guess it's easy to say what 'would have been', but if Hillary were POTUS we would still have had staff in China when this thing was first brewing. The economy would have been shut down sooner if the virus got here, but having a 4 month head start might have made for a shut down of travel around the holidays, instead of in February.

The issue that causes national security, is having an incompetent ass in charge who still funnels money to cronies for snake oil remedies.
    Would we? Even if a Republican Congress limited her budget?

That's the point, she would have shut down the economy sooner, which would have saved lives, but we'd still be headed for a Depression. How could she open it back up again without a vaccine or cure?

The economy itself is the fuel of national security. Would Hillary have printed more or less money than Trump is doing?

11. #880 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No point in arguing your Hillary *speculation*.

I’ll agree that both global and domestic governments showed their usual incompetence. WHO dropped the ball. China lied. The CDC needs a hard look after this.

And WTF, with relying on CHINA for so much of our medical supplies?

Singling Trump out is partisan stuff. My only point is you can’t blame the economy on Trump when Trump was doing—what Hillary would have done, or Obama, or either Bush would have done under the same circumstances.

12. #881 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yup.

Predominantly, the Cytokine Storm. Immune system malfunction which leads a run away inflammatory process in different parts of the body.

COVID’s are a family of respiratory viruses.

13. #882 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor.
    And I kept mine.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

Althea (05-16-2020)

15. #883 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,067 Times in 3,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

Yup.

Predominantly, the Cytokine Storm. Immune system malfunction which leads a run away inflammatory process in different parts of the body.

COVID’s are a family of respiratory viruses.
    I see.. so you are arguing that Covid had no contributions to it?

I suppose you also argue that someone that is in an auto accident didn't die from the auto accident but from loss of blood so we can't count that as a traffic fatality.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

16. #884 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I see.. so you are arguing that Covid had no contributions to it?

I suppose you also argue that someone that is in an auto accident didn't die from the auto accident but from loss of blood so we can't count that as a traffic fatality.
    Actually, I’m trying to enlighten you lol.

COVID19–a respiratory virus, *triggers* the so called Cytokine Storm is a very small number of infections. People with autoimmune disorders learn about what ‘triggers’ their immune system to malfunction and are counseled to avoid them.

I don’t know the stats, but I’d wager a small number of deaths actually occurred from straight up COVID pneumonia. Probably happened quite a bit in nursing homes. These people can catch pneumonia at the drop of a hat. The younger individuals very likely died—at the hands of their own immune system, triggered, by the COVID virus.

Ironic, huh?

Probably why ‘COVID related deaths’ is such a large category.

17. #885 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,184 Times in 25,719 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

This hillbilly didn’t put tens of millions of people out of work.

Democrats are going to own that in November.
    Blame fifty governors for putting tens of millions out of work. Fauci is just doing his job. I'll put your prediction in my "trump re-election" file, lol.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

18. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Althea (05-16-2020)