Thread: Death by Corona numbers explode to 61

1. #466 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Obviously I can't speak for any deities but that is my conception of a benevolent divine being as well.

It's amazing the # of ppl who claim to follow Christ, yet behave exactly like the Pharisees and others that He spoke against.
    If anything this virus may be God's way of forcing our hands with the state of the world. I mean, any Biblical scholar has to recall what the Bible said regarding the plagues and pestilence. The locust swarms and then a widespread disease the likes of which haven't been seen in ages. As pollution lessens greatly while mankind's activities and excesses take a hiatus part of me can't help but smile. And yet, I'm saddened that this is what it took.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

moon (04-08-2020), ThatOwlWoman (04-08-2020)

3. #467 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

For now....Help your neighbors Pretty simple

4. #468 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,522 Times in 52,740 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    If anything this virus may be God's way of forcing our hands with the state of the world. I mean, any Biblical scholar has to recall what the Bible said regarding the plagues and pestilence. The locust swarms and then a widespread disease the likes of which haven't been seen in ages. As pollution lessens greatly while mankind's activities and excesses take a hiatus part of me can't help but smile. And yet, I'm saddened that this is what it took.
    I expect that an unfortunate number of evangelists believe that these are the End Times, and that going to church is necessary and that they'll be protected by God because they're among the 144,000 righteous, etc. etc.

There are a number of pagans and other non-Christians who believe that Gaia is cleansing the planet of our presence.

I can't believe either scenario. Like you, how sad that it took something of this magnitude to wake us up. If we are really awakened. Have no doubts about that.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #469 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    For now....Help your neighbors Pretty simple
    Go pretend to do stuff, thou hypocrite. Tip: Posting dog shares on social media is not helping.

A reminder from that Book you love to quote at others all the time:

"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others.

"Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

"But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others" -- Jesus (Matthew 6)
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. #470 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Priceless
    PS: Help Your Neighbors....Pretty simple

7. #471 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I expect that an unfortunate number of evangelists believe that these are the End Times, and that going to church is necessary and that they'll be protected by God because they're among the 144,000 righteous, etc. etc.

There are a number of pagans and other non-Christians who believe that Gaia is cleansing the planet of our presence.

I can't believe either scenario. Like you, how sad that it took something of this magnitude to wake us up. If we are really awakened. Have no doubts about that.
    I doubt it's the end times when it is going slow enough for us to effect change. I've actually been anticipating the ball to drop in a manner such as this for a while. If this is our wake up call I hope enough listen. If this becomes a new trend of normalcy it won't matter quite as much as the choices are being made already by the instincts of survival. That's where our hands are being forced.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (04-08-2020)

9. #472 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What have you done to help those in need today?....Just do it

10. #473 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I doubt it's the end times when it is going slow enough for us to effect change. I've actually been anticipating the ball to drop in a manner such as this for a while. If this is our wake up call I hope enough listen. If this becomes a new trend of normalcy it won't matter quite as much as the choices are being made already by the instincts of survival. That's where our hands are being forced.
    There's no such thing as "end times" anyways. Eventually we will develop both vaccines and effective treatments for this disease. Then we'll go along happily for many decades till the next novel pathogen arises. It's the history of human kind.

Prediction: New cases will level out mostly due to social distancing. Restrictions on gatherings will be relaxed. Within a few weeks we will see another surge of new cases. Epidemiologists expect that eventually 70-80% of human beings will have encountered the virus. Around that point we will have some herd immunity. Many also expect this to become a seasonal outbreak like influenza.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-09-2020)

12. #474 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There's no such thing as "end times" anyways. Eventually we will develop both vaccines and effective treatments for this disease. Then we'll go along happily for many decades till the next novel pathogen arises. It's the history of human kind.

Prediction: New cases will level out mostly due to social distancing. Restrictions on gatherings will be relaxed. Within a few weeks we will see another surge of new cases. Epidemiologists expect that eventually 70-80% of human beings will have encountered the virus. Around that point we will have some herd immunity. Many also expect this to become a seasonal outbreak like influenza.
    This planet will eventually start to falter under mankind without change. No matter religious beliefs there will be an end times. It will be much sooner if mankind doesn't change its abusive ways.

13. #475 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Since everyone likes to keep bumping this thread maybe someone can answer the question I asked Jarod on Page one, post #6. It was never answered.

How will you spin it if the draconian measures taken under Trump reduce the death count?
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. #476 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    It is written that the rain falls on the just as well as the unjust, somewhere
    True. It's also written that even a dog is smart enough to get out of the rain. Some people just stand in it and curse God. Their choice.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-08-2020)

16. #477 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Since everyone likes to keep bumping this thread maybe someone can answer the question I asked Jarod on Page one, post #6. It was never answered.

How will you spin it if the draconian measures taken under Trump reduce the death count?
    I think I did answer it but if not here than on a similar thread. I worked in aviation safety for a few decades. It's impossible to know how many lives and planes were saved by the work of those like myself. All we could know is how many were lost.

That said, do you think Trump is a leaded in reducing the "death count" or do you think he's reluctant about the measures and pushing to relax them as soon as possible? If so, why do you think he wants to relax them ASAP?

Speaking of "death count":
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52209954

The US recorded the most coronavirus deaths in a single day with more than 1,800 fatalities reported on Tuesday.

It brings the total number of deaths in the country to nearly 13,000, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

The US has more than 402,000 confirmed cases, the highest number in the world. Global cases have exceeded 1.4 million.

However during a news conference President Donald Trump said the US might be getting to the top of the "curve".

How many lives would have been saved if Trump had recognized COVID-19 isn't just the "flu" back in January? Darth, do you, or have you ever, disagreed with Teflon Don's and/or Truth Detector's opinions on the matter?

17. #478 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    No...just asking that you condemn such language equally
    I am helping out here locally instead of complaining...that's what we all should be doing...right? I guess it is "deeds" of sort
    PS...I definitely believe in God...heaven...rainbow bridge...etc
    Where haven't I done so? In fact, didn't I point out to you your own hypocrisy about those who you condemned for foul language when you commended others for doing so with "thanks"?

Deeds help. As for those who believe; it's easy to say so, harder to act so.

18. #479 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

Substitute ' nature ' for ' god' and all the manufactured biblical crap and I fully agree with you. However- I feel sure that you and I - and everybody else that shares these sentiments- know in our heart of hearts that we are surrounded by conditioned dumbasses who will- just as soon as they are permitted- continue their cosmic clusterfuck from the point that they left off. There will be no legislation to prevent them from increasing their environmental destruction to make up for ' lost time '- in fact it will be encouraged. Their ' progress ' is progress towards their own extinction and , frankly, they deserve to be gone. The trick will be to prevent being extinguished along with them. In that, nature is our ally.
    Last edited by moon; 04-09-2020 at 03:38 AM.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

19. #480 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Substitute ' nature ' for ' god' and all the manufactured biblical crap and I fully agree with you. However- I feel sure that you and I - and everybody else that shares these sentiments- knows in their heart of hearts that we are surrounded by conditioned dumbasses who will- just as soon as they are permitted- continue their cosmic clusterfuck from the point that they left off. There will be no legislation to prevent them from increasing their environmental destruction to make up for ' lost time '- in fact it will be encouraged. Their ' progress ' is progress towards their own extinction and , frankly, they deserve to be gone. The trick will be to prevent being extinguished along with them. In that, nature is our ally.
    Well, nature and it's stewardship is all part of our belief system. Sadly you have so many phonies that have opted out of that bit and still think they can carry any significance outside the like-minded wannabes. Saying you're a Christian but disregard the duties to nature is like saying you're a vegetarian but still eat shellfish.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

moon (04-09-2020)