1. #271 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Claims by Trump a month ago that we would soon be down to zero cases, and widespread claims by conservatives that this was no worse than the common cold undoubtedly undermined this nation's preparedness and willingness to take this pandemic seriously
    If we had responsible leadership our death toll would be lower.

The man's values are completely messed up.

We needed decisiveness. We got denial.
    We needed inspiration. We got insults.
    We needed devotion. We got divisiveness.
    We needed lives to be valued. We got selfishness.
    We needed concern. We got con man.

I have mentioned no names here.

So why is it that everybody knows precisely who I am talking about anyway?

It's because every word is true.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (03-28-2020)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Cypress (03-28-2020)

4. #272 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Looks like Darth has disappeared.
    Darth is a stupid lying shitstain.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Post:

Cypress (03-28-2020)

6. #273 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Their choice. There are consequences to all actions. Let's see what happens by Cinco de Mayo.

BTW, the same applies to Spring Breakers. College kids from all over the country getting together to swap spit and other fluids then going back to their home towns to do it there. Should be interesting.
    Eat shit, stupid selfish conservatard.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

7. #274 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rune View Post
    Never waste a good crisis, cunt.
    Darth is a stupid lying shitstain.
    Eat shit, stupid selfish conservatard.
    Awesome! I was just posting to another British cocksucker. He cleans up their cum for a living. What do you do? Wipe their asses? Do you put on a jolly good show for them? I bet you got a purty mouth, Rune.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. #275 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,515 Times in 6,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Claims by Trump a month ago that we would soon be down to zero cases, and widespread claims by conservatives that this was no worse than the common cold undoubtedly undermined this nation's preparedness and willingness to take this pandemic seriously
    Yes- particularly when amplified by self-serving Internet trolls such as the Brit maggot.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

9. #276 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Anyone have a handle on the seasonal flu death toll?

My computer is down and I can’t google.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-30-2020)

11. #277 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,242 Times in 13,967 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

No, but I can give you a few facts regarding the flu and current virus;

"COVID-19 is novel, or new. That means there's no vaccine, and it's unclear how it will manifest"

"This strain of coronavirus appears to infect two to 2.5 people versus 1.3 with the flu, so coronavirus seems to be about twice as contagious as the flu"

"Some 20% of coronavirus patients are in serious enough condition to go to the hospital, 10 times the number who wind up in the hospital because of the flu"

"Hospital stays for the coronavirus are twice as as long as for the flu"

"About 8% of people get the flu every year. Some estimates are 25% to 50%, possibly up to 80%, could get the coronavirus without drastic actions being taken by individuals, states and municipalities and the federal government"

"The coronavirus could be 10 times deadlier than the flu — about 0.1% who get flu die. It's estimated that about 1% of those who have gotten coronavirus have died from it"

"There are treatments for the flu. There are no approved treatments for the coronavirus, despite the president's optimism for certain drugs, which are untested for coronavirus to this point"

"The flu tends to wane in warm weather, but it's too soon to count on that for coronavirus, which is thriving in warm, tropical places."

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...3939258&orgid=

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

domer76 (03-28-2020), Phantasmal (03-30-2020), PoliTalker (03-28-2020)

13. #278 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    No, but I can give you a few facts regarding the flu and current virus;

"COVID-19 is novel, or new. That means there's no vaccine, and it's unclear how it will manifest"

"This strain of coronavirus appears to infect two to 2.5 people versus 1.3 with the flu, so coronavirus seems to be about twice as contagious as the flu"

"Some 20% of coronavirus patients are in serious enough condition to go to the hospital, 10 times the number who wind up in the hospital because of the flu"

"Hospital stays for the coronavirus are twice as as long as for the flu"

"About 8% of people get the flu every year. Some estimates are 25% to 50%, possibly up to 80%, could get the coronavirus without drastic actions being taken by individuals, states and municipalities and the federal government"

"The coronavirus could be 10 times deadlier than the flu — about 0.1% who get flu die. It's estimated that about 1% of those who have gotten coronavirus have died from it"

"There are treatments for the flu. There are no approved treatments for the coronavirus, despite the president's optimism for certain drugs, which are untested for coronavirus to this point"

"The flu tends to wane in warm weather, but it's too soon to count on that for coronavirus, which is thriving in warm, tropical places."

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...3939258&orgid=
    What is the total number of COVID infections since January 1?

Not confirmed cases, the number of infections.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

15. #279 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Awesome! I was just posting to another British cocksucker. He cleans up their cum for a living. What do you do? Wipe their asses? Do you put on a jolly good show for them? I bet you got a purty mouth, Rune.
    I am not British you stupid shitstain.
    How does Donald's was corn taste?

16. #280 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am not British you stupid shitstain.
    How does Donald's was corn taste?
    You kneel before the Crown don't you? That makes you a British cocksucker.

Not a Trump fan, so you're wrong about that too. Go back to your drinking, monarchist.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

17. #281 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BOOMER REMOVER View Post
    Reminder that this was just 10 days ago.
    The number dead is more than 30 times higher than it was 10 days ago. If it is 30 times higher in 10 days, we will be halfway to 100,000. Does anyone think trump will solve this in the next 10 days?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-28-2020)

19. #282 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    The number dead is more than 30 times higher than it was 10 days ago. If it is 30 times higher in 10 days, we will be halfway to 100,000. Does anyone think trump will solve this in the next 10 days?
    Don’t we need some virologists to solve it lol?

All Bell Curves have a peak so you’re probably going to be disappointed.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

21. #283 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Don’t we need some virologists to solve it lol?

All Bell Curves have a peak so you’re probably going to be disappointed.
    Well, I gotta hand it to you for owning up to your thread. I could hardly believe you posted it when I first saw it. My first thought was: "Oh, he's gonna regret posting that one."

I bet you're hoping for the bell curve peak real soon, no doubt, but of course the title of this thread already comes off clueless and we are nowhere near seeing any flattening of the curve. Looks like action by leadership was taken too late. The curve looks like the beginning of a huge spike.

It's sad to see officials waiting until they have confirmed cases and deaths before restricting movement. By then it is too late. As soon as the big numbers of bodies start piling up they look back and wish they had taken action sooner.

And we still do not have adequate testing.

This is still on a trajectory to get much worse before it starts to get better.

This whole Easter pipe dream? There's no science behind that. That date was plucked out of you-know-where because of it's PR value.

We need responsible leadership, not selfish leadership that only thinks about approval polling.

Hey. His numbers as as good as they've ever been right now. Will that persist as thousands of bodies begin piling up?

Will any of his sycophants ever assign him any responsibility for any of the nonsense he spews?

It doesn't seem so. Will that blind allegiance pass the bodies test by the thousands?

What if it became hundreds of thousands?

It could.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

22. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

23. #284 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Well, I gotta hand it to you for owning up to your thread. I could hardly believe you posted it when I first saw it. My first thought was: "Oh, he's gonna regret posting that one."

I bet you're hoping for the bell curve peak real soon, no doubt, but of course the title of this thread already comes off clueless and we are nowhere near seeing any flattening of the curve. Looks like action by leadership was taken too late. The curve looks like the beginning of a huge spike.

It's sad to see officials waiting until they have confirmed cases and deaths before restricting movement. By then it is too late. As soon as the big numbers of bodies start piling up they look back and wish they had taken action sooner.

And we still do not have adequate testing.

This is still on a trajectory to get much worse before it starts to get better.

This whole Easter pipe dream? There's no science behind that. That date was plucked out of you-know-where because of it's PR value.

We need responsible leadership, not selfish leadership that only thinks about approval polling.

Hey. His numbers as as good as they've ever been right now. Will that persist as thousands of bodies begin piling up?

Will any of his sycophants ever assign him any responsibility for any of the nonsense he spews?

It doesn't seem so. Will that blind allegiance pass the bodies test by the thousands?

What if it became hundreds of thousands?

It could.
    I make no apologies for thread.

I never said the death count wouldn’t go up. Did you know it is starting to level off in Washington state? You know what their current death toll is?

Washington is a big state.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-30-2020), USFREEDOM911 (03-28-2020)

25. #285 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, back to page six for this thread lol.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post: