Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Death by Corona numbers explode to 61

1. #481 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,488 Times in 6,232 Posts
    Blog Entries

This will be a test. If this industry is not judiciously suppressed post-virus then we will know that humanity is fucked as an evolutionary experiment.

It really is that simple.

Flights are grounded – is this the moment we give up our addiction to flying?
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ng#maincontent
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

2. #482 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I think I did answer it but if not here than on a similar thread. I worked in aviation safety for a few decades. It's impossible to know how many lives and planes were saved by the work of those like myself. All we could know is how many were lost.

That said, do you think Trump is a leaded in reducing the "death count" or do you think he's reluctant about the measures and pushing to relax them as soon as possible? If so, why do you think he wants to relax them ASAP?

Speaking of "death count":
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52209954

The US recorded the most coronavirus deaths in a single day with more than 1,800 fatalities reported on Tuesday.

It brings the total number of deaths in the country to nearly 13,000, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

The US has more than 402,000 confirmed cases, the highest number in the world. Global cases have exceeded 1.4 million.

However during a news conference President Donald Trump said the US might be getting to the top of the "curve".

How many lives would have been saved if Trump had recognized COVID-19 isn't just the "flu" back in January? Darth, do you, or have you ever, disagreed with Teflon Don's and/or Truth Detector's opinions on the matter?
    The US is the largest country with the highest number of tests so the case numbers are a wash. Obviously, we’re going to have more cases than Italy or Spain. Since China can’t be trusted they get thrown out.

Fauci is Trump’s go-to guy and Fauci was down playing it in January. As were Democrats—it they were even thinking about anything besides impeachment in January. And do you really think the governors would have gone along with a lock down when the death count wasn’t even 61.

Would you have advocated for a lock down, on here, before the death count was 61, In January?

The difference between me and TD and some others is I’m skeptical but I’m more cautious and I don’t make predictions.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (04-09-2020)

4. #483 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,644 Times in 27,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The US is the largest country with the highest number of tests so the case numbers are a wash. Obviously, we’re going to have more cases than Italy or Spain. Since China can’t be trusted they get thrown out.

Fauci is Trump’s go-to guy and Fauci was down playing it in January. As were Democrats—it they were even thinking about anything besides impeachment in January. And do you really think the governors would have gone along with a lock down when the death count wasn’t even 61.

Would you have advocated for a lock down, on here, before the death count was 61, In January?

The difference between me and TD and some others is I’m skeptical but I’m more cautious and I don’t make predictions.
    All the word salad and tap dancing in the world is not going to change this simple fact:

This thread was part of your concerted attempt to downplay and deny the risk posed by the COVID-19 Trump virus.

I am confident if you just admitted you downplayed the risk, this thread would cease being bumped

5. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-09-2020)

6. #484 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

US is worlds 3rd population in total

the largest countries in the world in terms of population are China and India, with both countries now having populations of well over a billion. The United States comes in third with just under 325 million residents.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (04-09-2020), Earl (04-09-2020)

8. #485 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    All the word salad and tap dancing in the world is not going to change this simple fact:

This thread was part of your concerted attempt to downplay and deny the risk posed by the COVID-19 Trump virus.

I am confident if you just admitted you downplayed the risk, this thread would cease being bumped
    Go ahead, bump it even if the irony escapes you lol.

My number 61 is very likely going to be closer to the mark than the numbers projected by the ‘experts’ and their failing models. And I never once claimed we would top out at 61 deaths, btw.

Maybe I’ll be bumping it at some point.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

Earl (04-09-2020)

10. #486 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Go ahead, bump it even if the irony escapes you lol.

My number 61 is very likely going to be closer to the mark than the numbers projected by the ‘experts’ and their failing models. And I never once claimed we would top out at 61 deaths, btw.

Maybe I’ll be bumping it at some point.
    ^^^ More tap dancing.

I take it you intend to continue to deny that your intent with this thread was to downplay and deny the risk posed by COVID

11. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

Earl (04-09-2020)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-09-2020), PoliTalker (04-09-2020)

13. #487 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

The brilliant team of health professionals assembled by a President Trump with their mitigation policy is limiting projections of 2 million deaths down to thousands.

A Nobel prize for President Trump...Obama received one for doing..nothing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Darth Omar (04-09-2020)

15. #488 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

^^^ More tap dancing.

I take it you intend to continue to deny that your intent with this thread was to downplay and deny the risk posed by COVID
    Why do you persist in tap dancing around the failing models that you bought hook line and sinker lol?

16. #489 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Now deaths have accelerated to about 2,000 a day.

April 8
    Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:
    April 9

United States
    Coronavirus Cases:

Deaths:

17. #490 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Obviously I can't speak for any deities but that is my conception of a benevolent divine being as well.

It's amazing the # of ppl who claim to follow Christ, yet behave exactly like the Pharisees and others that He spoke against.
    I don't think there is a God but I do believe what goes around comes around.

What I mean is, if you put out bad energy, then bad energy is coming back to you.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (04-09-2020), ThatOwlWoman (04-09-2020)

19. #491 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cypress,

I don't think so. This is the kind of thing you never live down.

Darth is gonna wear this 'explode to 61' crown like a scarlet letter for all time going forward.

Definitely takes the lifetime award for "Most Regretable Thread Title."
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

AProudLefty (04-09-2020), Doc Dutch (04-09-2020), Phantasmal (04-09-2020), ThatOwlWoman (04-09-2020)

21. #492 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,370 Times in 52,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Cypress,

I don't think so. This is the kind of thing you never live down.

Darth is gonna wear this 'explode to 61' crown like a scarlet letter for all time going forward.

Definitely takes the lifetime award for "Most Regretable Thread Title."
    LOL.....and rightfully so. The best thing he could do is to give a mea culpa and apologize for his own shortsightedness. Instead, he'll be like Trump and this will continue ad infinitum.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-09-2020), PoliTalker (04-10-2020), ThatOwlWoman (04-09-2020)

23. #493 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello ThatOwlWoman,

I don't think there is a God but I do believe what goes around comes around.

What I mean is, if you put out bad energy, then bad energy is coming back to you.
    Some people would call that super natural force "God". Universal justice. Karma. Whatever.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-10-2020)

25. #494 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    The brilliant team of health professionals assembled by a President Trump with their mitigation policy is limiting projections of 2 million deaths down to thousands.

A Nobel prize for President Trump...Obama received one for doing..nothing.
    Are you declaring this is over? What is the highest death count for COVID-19 you are projecting between now and 1JAN21?

BTW, those millions of deaths projected were if nothing was done. Trump reluctantly imposed some rules and still refuses to impose others. Time will tell how many Americans die from this plague.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-09-2020), ThatOwlWoman (04-09-2020)

27. #495 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Esp. if they get infected while packing those Easter Sunday churches -- definitely God's will. lol
    LOL. Not God's will, but certainly man's free agency to make their own decisions without interference by God.