Thread: Covid-19 How and Why Lesson

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Default Covid-19 How and Why Lesson

The lesson here is the republican party today is a danger both to democracy and to the people. The effort starting largely by Reagan to destroy government shows today. South Korea is ahead of us in virus testing as is China. Thoughtful Americans learn this lesson and vote for progress next time. Trump answers tough questions from reporters like a school yard bully. Shooting the messenger is the response of the guilty. Time to bring back government of the people not of special interests.

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government." Thomas Jefferson

'Did Trump Administration Fire the US Pandemic Response Team?' As a new coronavirus spread in 2020, so did concerns about the United States' preparedness for a potential pandemic.'

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...pandemic-team/

"Every Wednesday morning, a group of conspirators meets to plot out how to most effectively attack the federal government. This is not a group of rag-tag terrorists – they wear $2,000 suits and occupy powerful positions in society. But their ideas are politically radical and they do pose a real threat to the normal workings of government in the U.S. They are a group of leading conservatives who believe that government is a malevolent force in society and they have a fierce determination to drastically cut it back. They are convinced that the central problem in our country is too much government – too many social programs, too many regulations, and too much taxation – and they are committed to doing something about it."

http://www.governmentisgood.com/articles.php?aid=9

"For decades conservatives have been demonizing government and not enough has been done to defend it. Ever since Ronald Reagan declared in 1981 that "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem," Republicans have been waging a political war against this institution. They have been joined in this anti-government crusade by libertarian thinkers, Tea Party activists, right-wing media pundits, and wealthy corporate lobbies. This powerful political coalition blithely ignores anything good about government and conducts a relentless smear campaign against this institution. They constantly play upon the fears and insecurities of average Americans and encourage them to blame all their problems on big bad government." http://www.governmentisgood.com/
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

John Barron (03-26-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Excellent analysis and prognosis.

Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Thread open to everyone - the American thing to do.

How is everyone weathering these unusual times? Not much has changed for us so far, although we keep a distance often, especially children. We live near parks so getting out is easy. And picking up an occasional meal rather than eating in is fine too. Giving me time to get more into photography too. Take care and be safe.

"Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were -- they just couldn't get him to do anything about it," the official noted to the Post. "The system was blinking red."

'US intelligence warned Trump in January and February as he dismissed coronavirus threat'

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/polit...rus/index.html

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Perhaps the most important thing we learned from this, in terms of the dangers of Republicans, is how the Right denied the virus at first. Obviously, this was done to defend Trump, another case of the Right going full Fascist and doing anything they can to support Trump as the country burns.
    We used to have two corrupt parties. We now have one corrupt party and one party that has reached new levels of corruption.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

John Barron (03-26-2020)