Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scholar to Trump and Pence: ‘You can’t insult science’ and then expect a command perf

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,600 Times in 9,131 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default Scholar to Trump and Pence: ‘You can’t insult science’ and then expect a command perf

Scholar to Trump and Pence: ‘You can’t insult science’ and then expect a command performance with the coronavirus

‘I don’t expect politicians to know Maxwell’s equations for electromagnetism or the Diels-Alder chemical reaction (although I can dream). But you can’t insult science when you don’t like it and then suddenly insist on something that science can’t give on demand.’

That’s H. Holden Thorp, editor-in-chief of the Science journals. He’s questioning the Trump administration’s rediscovered reliance on science — an area Democrats and select industries argue the White House has severely underfunded — in order to save the world from the coronavirus outbreak, and bolster re-election hopes along the way.

Thorp was writing in a commentary on his publications’ site Wednesday, before the president took to prime-time television for an update on the now pandemic.

The Trump administration’s budget proposals, including the latest one, a $4.8 trillion blueprint submitted last month, have regularly cut federal spending for science, health and the environment. However, requested cuts may hit congestion in the House of Representatives, which holds the purse strings and has a Democratic majority.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sc...of2&yptr=yahoo

2. The Following User Groans At signalmankenneth For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-13-2020)

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

AProudLefty (03-12-2020), christiefan915 (03-13-2020), Cypress (03-13-2020), Guno צְבִי (03-12-2020), Iolo/Penderyn (03-13-2020), Phantasmal (03-12-2020), PoliTalker (03-13-2020), ThatOwlWoman (03-13-2020), Trumpet (03-12-2020)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    Scholar to Trump and Pence: ‘You can’t insult science’ and then expect a command performance with the coronavirus

‘I don’t expect politicians to know Maxwell’s equations for electromagnetism or the Diels-Alder chemical reaction (although I can dream). But you can’t insult science when you don’t like it and then suddenly insist on something that science can’t give on demand.’

That’s H. Holden Thorp, editor-in-chief of the Science journals. He’s questioning the Trump administration’s rediscovered reliance on science — an area Democrats and select industries argue the White House has severely underfunded — in order to save the world from the coronavirus outbreak, and bolster re-election hopes along the way.

Thorp was writing in a commentary on his publications’ site Wednesday, before the president took to prime-time television for an update on the now pandemic.

The Trump administration’s budget proposals, including the latest one, a $4.8 trillion blueprint submitted last month, have regularly cut federal spending for science, health and the environment. However, requested cuts may hit congestion in the House of Representatives, which holds the purse strings and has a Democratic majority.

Yet these same scientists would tell you a baby in the womb isn't a human life, screw them! Quit politicizing this asshole!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Earl (03-13-2020), Sailor (03-12-2020), Stretch (03-12-2020), Truth Detector (03-12-2020)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who says this dipshit is a scholar? HIM?

Total cases: 1,215
    Total deaths: 36
    Jurisdictions reporting cases: 43 (42 states and District of Columbia)
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Earl (03-13-2020), PostmodernProphet (03-13-2020)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,786 Times in 17,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Yet these same scientists would tell you a baby in the womb isn't a human life, screw them! Quit politicizing this asshole!
    The same ones. How do you know that? We are talking about science you went straight into pro-birth. Science is what saves you when you get sick. It is what designs new products. Science is into everything and you go to pro birthiness. Try and deal with the subject.

9. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-13-2020)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

AProudLefty (03-12-2020), Charoite (03-12-2020), Guno צְבִי (03-12-2020), ThatOwlWoman (03-13-2020)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The same ones. How do you know that? We are talking about science you went straight into pro-birth. Science is what saves you when you get sick. It is what designs new products. Science is into everything and you go to pro birthiness. Try and deal with the subject.
    God gives man the ability to reason, and therefore cure diseases asshat! My point is they are wrong all the time including babies!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Earl (03-13-2020), PostmodernProphet (03-13-2020), Truth Detector (03-12-2020)

13. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Who says this dipshit is a scholar?
    https://scholar.google.com/citations...vMQAAAAJ&hl=en

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    I looked him up. He sounds really stupid with a severe case of TDS. Perhaps he is part of the reason we are graduating idiots?

What makes him a disease expert?

Who said this back in 2009 when Obama was President?

IMHO, it's just the latest phase in the unholy alliance between the FDA and pharmaceutical industry. When I saw that chick from the WHO declare a pandemic (and if she didn't, I'll take it back), I practically lept from my chair!

The worldwide death toll from this particular strain wasn't even enough to rate a percentage point as to how many people DIE annually in the USA from flu viruses that have been with us ever since I can remember.

Interesting that time tested cures and remedies have to wait YEARS before the FDA decides that they can market with declarations of they cure.....while suddenly VACCINES are being rushed through for the N1H1....a flu viruse that compared to others is NOT even exceptionally lethal.

As the old saying goes, follow the money!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Earl (03-13-2020)

16. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,600 Times in 9,131 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default Who’s Ready to Die for Trump’s Ego?

I'm not?!!

My granddaughter’s school has planned a trip to Thailand.

Two things worry me. First, that she or her classmates might be exposed to or catch the coronavirus. Second, that if they did, President Trump would try his best to keep them from returning to the United States.

In my view, if any of them became sick, the first priority should be getting them home where they can have access to the best medical care. In Trump’s view, the first priority is to make things look good for him, no matter what happens to the people he’s stranded.

Therefore he opposed having Americans who were stuck on the Grand Princess cruise ship off Japan return home to the United States. His concern? How the number of infected Americans would make him look. “I like the numbers being where they are,” he candidly (and shamelessly) explained.

https://otherwords.org/whos-ready-to...d&ceid=4020637

Putting politics ahead of science is a prescription for disaster when you face a pandemic.

17. The Following User Groans At signalmankenneth For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-13-2020)

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-13-2020), Cypress (03-13-2020), Guno צְבִי (03-12-2020), Phantasmal (03-12-2020), PoliTalker (03-13-2020), ThatOwlWoman (03-13-2020), Tranquillus in Exile (03-12-2020)

19. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm not?!!

My granddaughter’s school has planned a trip to Thailand.

Two things worry me. First, that she or her classmates might be exposed to or catch the coronavirus. Second, that if they did, President Trump would try his best to keep them from returning to the United States.

In my view, if any of them became sick, the first priority should be getting them home where they can have access to the best medical care. In Trump’s view, the first priority is to make things look good for him, no matter what happens to the people he’s stranded.

Therefore he opposed having Americans who were stuck on the Grand Princess cruise ship off Japan return home to the United States. His concern? How the number of infected Americans would make him look. “I like the numbers being where they are,” he candidly (and shamelessly) explained.

https://otherwords.org/whos-ready-to...d&ceid=4020637

Putting politics ahead of science is a prescription for disaster when you face a pandemic.
    This is without a doubt the dumbest thing you have posted yet Cartoon Ken. And believe me, that was very hard to do.

20. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    God gives man the ability to reason, and therefore cure diseases asshat! My point is they are wrong all the time including babies!
    Why didn't God give Trump the ability to reason????????????????? Also why didn't God give Trump any ethics??????????

21. The Following User Groans At Trumpet For This Awful Post:

Earl (03-13-2020)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-13-2020)

23. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Total cases: 1,215
    Total deaths: 36
    Jurisdictions reporting cases: 43 (42 states and District of Columbia)
    he's a Trump-hater who wrote an opinion piece.

BTW, I have information about SK's "service" in Vietnam. PM me for details.

24. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Perhaps science shouldnt have embarrassed itself...
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Earl (03-13-2020), Truth Detector (03-12-2020)

26. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

I looked him up. He sounds really stupid with a severe case of TDS.
    Scholars are judged on the quality of their peer-reviewed publications, not on whether they like Trump. That may change,
    I suppose ...

What makes him a disease expert?
    He's a professor of chemistry and medicine.
    https://scholar.google.com/citations...vMQAAAAJ&hl=en

27. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

"SCHOLAR"= FUCKHEAD INCAPABLE OF DOING WHAT HE STUDIED FOR A LIVING, SO HE HAS TO WRITE ABOUT THOSE THAT DO.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

Earl (03-13-2020), Truth Detector (03-12-2020), Wolverine (03-13-2020)

29. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Stable Genius told millions of retards that windmill noises cause cancer.