Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday the 13th ... any chance the Market will go up today?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I sold a lot early last year thinking this would happen, nibbled back in & then in Dec 2019 I sold some of my biggest holdings which are obviously down now..

I am sitting on some cash I am eager to put back in, but I want the smoke to clear first...

Maybe Trump will tell us he is declaring this a National Emergency. Will stop blaming Democrats. And will acknowledge this is NOT a Hoax?
    Pelosi has just come out with a 'Families First' plan. That should alleviate a lot of problems like being laid off and being able to get unemployment and free testing.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Maybe Trump will tell us he is declaring this a National Emergency. Will stop blaming Democrats. And will acknowledge this is NOT a Hoax?
    Pelosi has just come out with a 'Families First' plan. That should alleviate a lot of problems like being laid off and being able to get unemployment and free testing.
    Hopefully.. I doubt it though & would love to be wrong..

This is a real test for him, ppl getting sick & having friends & relatives dying won't much care for his blaming others-the buck stops there..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

3. #18 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,612 Times in 17,052 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

So you don't know...
    Hope it works out for her-stay safe.......
    I trust our healthcare teams around here. I have good reason to.

I don't see a problem, her colleagues are not worried.
    Taking mom out for dinner tonight. Scallops are on special and she loves them.

She said she was at the grocery store today. Said the people are nuts in there!
    Carts full of toilet paper, you have to go to the office to get hand sanitizer, it's
    limited to two per customer and canned goods are flying off the shelves...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I trust our healthcare teams around here. I have good reason to.

I don't see a problem, her colleagues are not worried.
    Taking mom out for dinner tonight. Scallops are on special and she loves them.

She said she was at the grocery store today. Said the people are nuts in there!
    Carts full of toilet paper, you have to go to the office to get hand sanitizer, it's
    limited to two per customer and canned goods are flying off the shelves...
    Sadly it is happening out here as well, & there is no sanitizer available like Purell.......

Was @ the store yesterday & almost all the TP was gone.....

Why ppl are so worried about that, of all things & water is crazy.......

I hope that ppl stop panicking now that they have their safety blankets..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He isn't blaming Dems. He's blaming them for making it out to be much more than it is compared to other strands of the flu and trying prevent the country from going into a widespread panic. Unfortunately, with every major and many local sporting events being cancelled and the country starting to panic, I guess he failed in that respect.

Are you hiding under your bed?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sadly it is happening out here as well, & there is no sanitizer available like Purell.......

Was @ the store yesterday & almost all the TP was gone.....

Why ppl are so worried about that, of all things & water is crazy.......

I hope that ppl stop panicking now that they have their safety blankets..
    We have some here, but it's limited. The GF has an extra bottle in the closet, that should be enough for us.

Like I said, mom said those people in the grocery store are nuts! TP and water? I doubt anyone's ass will run
    enough to use a shopping cart full of shitpaper in the next few weeks, or the wells will dry up any time soon.

Yeah, I haven't changed anything, other than washing my hands a little more often. I don't know why people
    are going into panic mode. I haven't even heard how bad the symptoms are compared to other flu strands.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He isn't blaming Dems. He's blaming them for making it out to be much more than it is compared to other strands of the flu and trying prevent the country from going into a widespread panic. Unfortunately, with every major and many local sporting events being cancelled and the country starting to panic, I guess he failed in that respect.

I'm going to the Movies to see 'The Hunt' with my granddaughter and her Mom.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We have some here, but it's limited. The GF has an extra bottle in the closet, that should be enough for us.

Like I said, mom said those people in the grocery store are nuts! TP and water? I doubt anyone's ass will run
    enough to use a shopping cart full of shitpaper in the next few weeks, or the wells will dry up any time soon.

Yeah, I haven't changed anything, other than washing my hands a little more often. I don't know why people
    are going into panic mode. I haven't even heard how bad the symptoms are compared to other flu strands.
    Yep, what I am doing as well..... Proper washing is as effective as sanitizers...

About 20 years ago there was a levy break north of us & folks along the river panicked & bought tons of "water" of all things......

I was wondering what the hell is wrong w/ these ppl....... They planning to stay in their homes & drink it if the levy breaks??? lol Many of their houses were @ or below the level of the high point on the levy...

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Jack (03-13-2020)

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

RB!
    You have to go see 'The Hunt'.
    It's 'Liberals' hunting 'Deplorables'.

It's like some kind of Tarantino movie, but more chicks being killed. Very gruesome, bloody, ... fun.
    (if you're a snowflake, it might be too intense for you)

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

RB!
    You have to go see 'The Hunt'.
    It's 'Liberals' hunting 'Deplorables'.

It's like some kind of Tarantino movie, but more chicks being killed. Very gruesome, bloody, ... fun.
    (if you're a snowflake, it might be too intense for you)

Not much into horror movies, never was. In fact, I'm not that much of a movie buff at all. I will make some popcorn and watch one at home though.
    I just bought "Ford vs. Ferrari" but haven't watched it yet. I'll probably get to it sometime this weekend since everything sports has been cancelled.
    GF is making peanut butter and coconut Easter eggs today so I'll have the house to myself all day, maybe I'll watch it today if it's still windy outside.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Jack (03-13-2020)

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's a political commentary. Gruesome, tragic, funny, Hot Babes, and interesting. Speaks to the 'mentality' of the 'Politically Correct'.
    Your friends Doris and Owl could perfectly fit into the characters of 'the Hunters'. And YOU could fit perfectly into the character of 'the Deplorables'.
    I'm not going to spoil this for you, but immediately upon starting, the people you think are going to be the Main Characters ... get wasted.

Movie ends with 2 Hot Babes (Hillary Swank and some 'unknown') beating the crap out of each other like it's a UFC contest.

Not much into horror movies, never was. In fact, I'm not that much of a movie buff at all. I will make some popcorn and watch one at home though.
    I just bought "Ford vs. Ferrari" but haven't watched it yet. I'll probably get to it sometime this weekend since everything sports has been cancelled.
    GF is making peanut butter and coconut Easter eggs today so I'll have the house to myself all day, maybe I'll watch it today if it's still windy outside.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's a political commentary. Gruesome, tragic, funny, Hot Babes, and interesting. Speaks to the 'mentality' of the 'Politically Correct'.
    Your friends Doris and Owl could perfectly fit into the characters of 'the Hunters'. And YOU could fit perfectly into the character of 'the Deplorables'.
    I'm not going to spoil this for you, but immediately upon starting, the people you think are going to be the Main Characters ... get wasted.

Movie ends with 2 Hot Babes (Hillary Swank and some 'unknown') beating the crap out of each other like it's a UFC contest.
    I highly doubt I'd go see a political commentary at a movie theater from either side.
    We would? What did I do to piss them off? Mustn't have been any firearms involved,
    they'd lose that one (well, maybe if I dressed up like a pineapple?).

Doris and Owl beating the crap out of each other like it's a UFC contest? I might go and pay to see that...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Jack (03-14-2020)