Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dixie Chicks Are Back, Better Than Ever. Nice Controversial Song... :)

1. #16 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,614 Times in 17,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    The Stones have repeated asked Golden Toilet Boy not to use their music, but legally there is nothing they can do about it. Its just funny they don’t want their music associated with him.
    There wouldn't be a problem with this one

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (03-11-2020), Truth Detector (03-11-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,163 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    There wouldn't be a problem with this one

Nugent, another hebephile, and draft dodger, birds of a feather, it’s why Golden Toilet Bowl loves him some Ted. Ted is a deplorable.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (03-11-2020), ThatOwlWoman (03-11-2020)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Nugent, another hebephile, and draft dodger, birds of a feather, it’s why Golden Toilet Bowl loves him some Ted. Ted is a deplorable.
    In what branch of service did the last two Democrat Presidents serve?

Playboy Bill?

Black BOY Obama?

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ted is far more advanced in their profession than the Dixie Chicks. He is also an avid outdoorsman.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (03-11-2020), Truth Detector (03-11-2020)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ted is far more advanced in their profession than the Dixie Chicks. He is also an avid outdoorsman.
    He’s a sick individual.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-11-2020)

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

I was in an accapella trio, Chickapella, back then and we performed a lot of Dixie Chicks songs. I love Natalie Maine. I got to sing her part in many of the songs. I was so proud of them. They were as hated as the French and it turns out they were right, like the French.
    Oh, that's right. That was the embarrassing era (for GWB fans) of 'Freedom Fries.' (as if they thought they could just change what we call French Fries...)

And how cool you got to play rockstar!

That is so admirable.

Some of the best music I have ever heard was played by local bands.

The world of music performance is so much larger than just the big names. Really, only a fraction of the best music is done by big names. And behind each of them are a myriad of top level excellent musicians who get virtually no recognition and are usually poorly paid, but without whom, the big names could never do what they do.

Reminds me of a joke.

What do you call a guitar player with no girlfriend?

-homeless.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-11-2020)

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Phantasmal,

Oh, that's right. That was the embarrassing era (for GWB fans) of 'Freedom Fries.' (as if they thought they could just change what we call French Fries...)

And how cool you got to play rockstar!

That is so admirable.

Some of the best music I have ever heard was played by local bands.

The world of music performance is so much larger than just the big names. Really, only a fraction of the best music is done by big names. And behind each of them are a myriad of top level excellent musicians who get virtually no recognition and are usually poorly paid, but without whom, the big names could never do what they do.

Reminds me of a joke.

What do you call a guitar player with no girlfriend?

-homeless.
    Funny!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-11-2020)

14. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He’s a sick individual.
    In your opinion. He still packs auditoriums. Not bad after 57 years. Think the Dixie Chicks will?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Truth Detector (03-11-2020)

16. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In your opinion. He still packs auditoriums. Not bad after 57 years. Think the Dixie Chicks will?
    Yes, I do

17. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Their only draw seems to be bashing GOP presidents.

18. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Its just funny they don’t want their music associated with him.
    How is that funny?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How trite; leftist assholes now don't like draft dodgers.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

20. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He’s a sick individual.
    I R O N Y !!!

21. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Phantasmal,

Funny!
    Because it is so truth-based.

The time required to become proficient at music performance = an unpaid career.

It is so sad how much we love to hear great music, but we take it for granted and often walk right out of a bar or restaurant without even tipping the musicians. (Or, these days, the musician.) Music pays so little for most musicians that's why we don't hear local bands as much any more. The reason? The bar/restaurant is only going to pay so much for an act. It often doesn't matter to them if it is one person, two or more. So, with today's techo tricks, one singer/guitar player can use backing tracks or a looper to sound like a full band. The music suffers, but not so much that drunks in the bar care. The performance sounds like a good rendition of a song they like, so they enjoy it and keep buying drinks, the point of it all.

And that matches how many people don't want to tip well for good table service. You know, it's not like little girls dream of growing up to be a waitress, but for many, that is what their life becomes, working just for tips. People who are well off enough to eat out, and leave lousy tips, are greedy scum. What would it hurt them to drop an extra buck or two on the table? The service industry is certainly under appreciated.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasist View Post
    He’s a sick individual.
    He hasn't groped any little girls in public, AFAIK, but Joe Biden has.

THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRATS SUPPORT

DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO - DEMOCRATS IGNORE, EXCUSE OR DENY ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT UNLESS THEY ARE MADE AGAINST MEN THEY OPPOSE POLITICALLY, BUT WE HAVE VIDEO -