1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Quarantine getting to you lol?
    I can't see what Dutch Oven said, but I think it's a douche nozzle, quarantine or not.
    Every life matters

2. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Darth Omar (03-31-2020)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not gonna be a festive Cinco De Mayo.

Nobody wants a corona beer.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,635 Times in 51,923 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

Bu...bu...but I plan on buying extra lime!

IMHO, this Cinco de Mayo will be very interesting. All of the fear-mongering (both L and R), denials, claims and other political bullshit should be revealed as true or false by then.

FWIW, Democrats tend to overhype things so much it's always disappointing when the truth is revealed. Republicans tend to deny things so much they look like liars when the truth is revealed.

QED: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...very-Four-Days

If there aren't a 100M cases by Cinco de Mayo, the Democrats will look like Chicken Littles. Even if there are a 100M cases by the Fourth of July, they'll still look like Chicken Littles.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The problem for Democrats is trying to make the case for reality to a denying Republican party.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-31-2020)

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,635 Times in 51,923 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

The problem for Democrats is trying to make the case for reality to a denying Republican party.
    Agreed. About 15 years ago I was discussing a similar case with a very Left leaning coworker. He was screaming the "We're all gonna die!" refrain about Global Warming. I guess this was when Al Gore was initially making his global warming tour after losing the election. I recognized the science of the problem but warned him that overhyping it could work for him or against him....which is what happened; it drove the Democrats into panic and the Republicans further into denial.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-01-2020)

9. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

The brilliance of the American consumer:

Corona beer takes hit because of coronavirus outbreak...

"The agency's survey, released Thursday, asked 737 American beer drinkers' opinions about the Corona beer brand with the coronavirus spreading.

It found 38% of beer-drinking Americans would not buy Corona under any circumstances now and 16% said they were confused about whether Corona beer is related to the coronavirus."

USA Today
    Prob the same idiots that stopped buying busch beer & eating Dole pineapples......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Modelo & Pacifico are corona virus free, but a 6 or 12 pack is gonna cost yea......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Modelo & Pacifico are corona virus free, but a 6 or 12 pack is gonna cost yea......
    Good choices.

Negra Modelo is excellent.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

Good choices.

It is, my favorite dark beer..

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

The masses can be so ignorant.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

It is, my favorite dark beer..
    Right on. A good choice.

And there's a Brazilian one that's really good along the same flavor, Xingu Black.

I know a few beers.

There was a restaurant called Taps. It's been a while. I don't know if it's still there. They had this challenge. You drink 100 beers each from a different country, and you do it in 80 days, then you've gone 'around the world in beer.' And then you get a discount for life at the restaurant.

So I took a virtual trip. It was yummy. And what an education!

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

sounds awesome.. I also like San Meguel from Manila..

Also Sam Adams has some great stouts & seasonal-double Boch that is awesome..

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,660 Times in 4,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Hello Bill,

Good choices.

I've got some Corona Light in the fridge--wish they had twist-off caps.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

PoliTalker (04-01-2020)

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bill,

sounds awesome.. I also like San Meguel from Manila..

Also Sam Adams has some great stouts & seasonal-double Boch that is awesome..
    Oh yes. I have such a weakness for that kind of flavoring. Good stuff. If only I had room in my calorie budget for such extravagances on a habitual basis. But I can't. It has to be special occasion stuff, now.

19. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I've got some Corona Light in the fridge--wish they had twist-off caps.
    No church key?

I know a trick or two...

There is a way...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (04-01-2020)