Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 71

Thread: Paterson, N.J., Gets Muslim Police Chief and Islamic Call to Prayer Over Loudspeaker

  1. #16 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,796
    Thanks
    580
    Thanked 576 Times in 454 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 163 Times in 154 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I doubt if this is entirely true, given your source. If it turns out that you're not once again promoting bigotry, then the prayer thing is clearly a violation of church and state. The ACLU will be all over this like Trump on a cheeseburger if the city goes through with it.
    https://nj1015.com/nj-city-moving-to...a-loudspeaker/
    Please check this out for the best laugh in your entire life. https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...10#post3522010 I wouldn't be surprised if Legion is on FBI's watch list.
    Also this: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...71#post3553171
    Legion AKA Lesion is losing his shit.

  2. #17 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    45,719
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatFowlWoman View Post
    I doubt if this is entirely true, given your source. If it turns out that you're not once again promoting bigotry, then the prayer thing is clearly a violation of church and state. The ACLU will be all over this like Trump on a cheeseburger if the city goes through with it.


    A proposal that would allow mosques in the city to make public prayer announcements using loudspeakers is poised to clear a first hurdle.

    At the last regular City Council meeting on Feb. 11, City Councilman Shahin Khalique introduced the changes to existing noise regulations. The proposed ordinance is scheduled for first reading Tuesday night.




    https://nj1015.com/nj-city-moving-toward-allowing-muslim-calls-to-prayer-via-loudspeaker/




  3. #18 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    28,490
    Thanks
    49,647
    Thanked 20,169 Times in 12,665 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,070 Times in 1,941 Posts

    Default

    That seems to be a more credible source. It's confusing. So these mosques don't have the means to broadcast their calls to prayer, so the city is going to let them use the city's broadcast system?

    I don't think this passes the constitutional smell test. Let them buy their own loudspeakers, bells, etc. If the city allows one religion to use the city's equipment, then they have to do it for all.

    PS -- I bet that constant racket lowers property values.
    KAG: Keep America Grieving

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    AProudLefty (02-27-2020)

  5. #19 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    11,612
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5,502 Times in 3,833 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 517 Times in 479 Posts

    Default

    Correct

    Everyone can here it(forced on them), not everyone wants to here it

    Like I said put up an Nativity Scene for 2 weeks in December all hell breaks loose because not everyone wants to see it

  6. #20 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,796
    Thanks
    580
    Thanked 576 Times in 454 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 163 Times in 154 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    PS -- I bet that constant racket lowers property values.
    Yeah. That one alone will be the reason for them not to allow it.
    Please check this out for the best laugh in your entire life. https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...10#post3522010 I wouldn't be surprised if Legion is on FBI's watch list.
    Also this: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...71#post3553171
    Legion AKA Lesion is losing his shit.

  7. #21 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,796
    Thanks
    580
    Thanked 576 Times in 454 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 163 Times in 154 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Correct

    Everyone can here it(forced on them), not everyone wants to here it

    Like I said put up an Nativity Scene for 2 weeks in December all hell breaks loose because not everyone wants to see it
    Never seems to be a problem every Christmas with all those displays at homes.
    Please check this out for the best laugh in your entire life. https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...10#post3522010 I wouldn't be surprised if Legion is on FBI's watch list.
    Also this: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...71#post3553171
    Legion AKA Lesion is losing his shit.

  8. #22 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    28,490
    Thanks
    49,647
    Thanked 20,169 Times in 12,665 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2,070 Times in 1,941 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Correct
    Everyone can here it(forced on them), not everyone wants to here it
    Like I said put up an Nativity Scene for 2 weeks in December all hell breaks loose because not everyone wants to see it
    That's not the same, but I get your point. I also get theirs -- if Christian churches can ring their bells on the hour, why can't they make their own religious racket? Maybe instead of annoying the crap out of their neighbors, both flavors of religion could tone it down and respect the peace.
    KAG: Keep America Grieving

  9. #23 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    11,612
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5,502 Times in 3,833 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 517 Times in 479 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Never seems to be a problem every Christmas with all those displays at homes.
    Are they using City Equipment in any way?

  10. #24 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    45,719
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatFowlWoman View Post
    That seems to be a more credible source. It's confusing. So these mosques don't have the means to broadcast their calls to prayer, so the city is going to let them use the city's broadcast system?

    I don't think this passes the constitutional smell test. Let them buy their own loudspeakers, bells, etc. If the city allows one religion to use the city's equipment, then they have to do it for all.

    PS -- I bet that constant racket lowers property values.
    Islamophobe! Bigot!

  11. #25 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,796
    Thanks
    580
    Thanked 576 Times in 454 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 163 Times in 154 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Are they using City Equipment in any way?
    Nope. So you agree that using the "city equipment or property" for the Nativity scenes is not right?

    Besides, one is by sight and the others is by annoying sound.
    Please check this out for the best laugh in your entire life. https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...10#post3522010 I wouldn't be surprised if Legion is on FBI's watch list.
    Also this: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...71#post3553171
    Legion AKA Lesion is losing his shit.

  12. #26 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    50,507
    Thanks
    36,822
    Thanked 24,209 Times in 17,303 Posts
    Groans
    3,742
    Groaned 2,381 Times in 2,271 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    On Wednesday, the City Council voted unanimously (with two members not voting) to grant preliminary approval to the Islamic call to prayer being broadcast over loudspeakers in the city. This followed the swearing-in earlier this month, on the Qur’an, of course, of Paterson’s new police chief, Ibrahim “Mike” Baycora, the first Muslim police chief in an American city.

    https://pjmedia.com/trending/good-ne...-loudspeakers/

    But put up a Nativity Scene at City Hall for 2 weeks and all hell breaks loose
    Do you whine about church bells ringing all over the city? I bet you're so used to it you don't even notice.
    #Not My President





    "christiefan" stands for Agatha, not Chris

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (02-28-2020)

  14. #27 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    50,507
    Thanks
    36,822
    Thanked 24,209 Times in 17,303 Posts
    Groans
    3,742
    Groaned 2,381 Times in 2,271 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I doubt if this is entirely true, given your source. If it turns out that you're not once again promoting bigotry, then the prayer thing is clearly a violation of church and state. The ACLU will be all over this like Trump on a cheeseburger if the city goes through with it.
    I just noticed the link is pjmedia.com so you're probably right.

    Analysis / Bias
    In review, PJ Media is a popular conservative news and opinion website that garners 13 million+ page views per month. PJ Media uses moderately loaded emotional language in their articles that favor the right, such as this: Suspended Pentagon Whistleblower Says FBI’s Russia Probe Was ‘All a Set-Up’. When it comes to sourcing of information, they usually use credible right leaning media sources. However, they also use poor sources such as Jihad Watch, which has been labeled a hate group by the SPLC. In general, almost all stories reviewed favored the right and denigrated the left through wording and story selection.

    A factual search reveals multiple instances of failed fact checks by IFCN fact checkers.



    Overall, we rate PJ Media to be Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracies as well as numerous failed fact checks. (7/92016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 01/19/2020)
    #Not My President





    "christiefan" stands for Agatha, not Chris

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (02-28-2020)

  16. #28 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    45,719
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    IFCN fact checkers.
    Genetic fallacy. A genetic fallacy is a logical fallacy that occurs when a claim is accepted or rejected based on the source of the evidence, rather than on the quality or applicability of the evidence. It is also a line of reasoning in which a perceived defect in the origin of a claim or thing is taken to be evidence that discredits the claim or thing itself. The fallacy is committed when an idea is either accepted or rejected because of its source, rather than its merit.

    Who checks the IFCN fact checkers?


  17. #29 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3,796
    Thanks
    580
    Thanked 576 Times in 454 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 163 Times in 154 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Who checks the IFCN fact checkers?

    We do.
    Please check this out for the best laugh in your entire life. https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...10#post3522010 I wouldn't be surprised if Legion is on FBI's watch list.
    Also this: https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...71#post3553171
    Legion AKA Lesion is losing his shit.

  18. #30 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    45,719
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    We do.
    Indeed. Since we both posted proof that the story was already confirmed by an independent source with no apparent political bias, I suspect that Christiefa Antifa is sucking up to her Queen without understanding the facts of the case.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2019, 07:13 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2018, 11:41 AM
  3. Muslim professor of Islamic studies accused of raping feminist
    By Русский агент in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2017, 10:50 PM
  4. Has London gone Islamic with newly elected Muslim Mayor?
    By Lumberjack in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 05-09-2016, 12:24 PM
  5. British Muslim Scholar Message to Islamic Extremists
    By Havana Moon in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-18-2015, 03:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •