Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Paterson, N.J., Gets Muslim Police Chief and Islamic Call to Prayer Over Loudspeaker

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    They were relevant to pjmedia's veracity or lack thereof.
    Furthermore, how does it differ from you dragging bogeyman George Soros into the discussion? The article I used as proof came right from the school in question, and I can post similar proofs from the other five links. You just did what I did and you don't see it. You trashed Soros and the Poynter Institute because you don't like the IFCN fact-checkers. Tsk tsk, so depressing. [/QUOTE]

They are only "relevant to pjmedia's veracity or lack thereof" if you accept their rulings at face value. I don't accept their word as a matter of faith, and I showed you why I don't.

As for your statement that "The article I used as proof came right from the school in question", does that mean you accepted their version without attempting to verify the facts independently?

As I told you, I didn't investigate Poynter's other claims individually, because those disputed reports aren't under discussion in this thread.

Furthermore, how does it differ from you dragging bogeyman George Soros into the discussion?
    I did nothing of the sort. I dispassionately presented evidence that the Poynter Institute's "fact-checkers" don't exactly have clean hands. I evinced (giggle) no prejudicial statements at all regarding Mr. Sporos' funding. I stuck to verifiable facts. You're the one who applied a negative connotation to Mr. Soros as a "bogeyman", not I.

I also, you will note, did not attempt to extrapolate what I discovered into an attempt to debunk any particular ruling.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    But put up a Nativity Scene at City Hall for 2 weeks and all hell breaks loose
    Blame the Christian Right for tearing down the division between church and state. You can't have it both ways. Either we're a secular country or we're not.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

Charoite (02-27-2020), ThatOwlWoman (02-28-2020)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Blame the Christian Right for tearing down the division between church and state. You can't have it both ways. Either we're a secular country or we're not.
    I'm a Catholic myself and have been pissed at the mingling of the two they have been doing. Basically politics ruins religion and religion ruins politics when there isn't a needed separation.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

AProudLefty (02-27-2020), ThatOwlWoman (02-28-2020)

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

I just noticed the link is pjmedia.com so you're probably right.

Analysis / Bias
    In review, PJ Media is a popular conservative news and opinion website that garners 13 million+ page views per month. PJ Media uses moderately loaded emotional language in their articles that favor the right, such as this: Suspended Pentagon Whistleblower Says FBI’s Russia Probe Was ‘All a Set-Up’. When it comes to sourcing of information, they usually use credible right leaning media sources. However, they also use poor sources such as Jihad Watch, which has been labeled a hate group by the SPLC. In general, almost all stories reviewed favored the right and denigrated the left through wording and story selection.

A factual search reveals multiple instances of failed fact checks by IFCN fact checkers.

Overall, we rate PJ Media to be Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracies as well as numerous failed fact checks. (7/92016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 01/19/2020)
    Just look at the author and you'll know it's bullshit.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Is it really that much different than all the crazy church bells making the call to mass? If you didn't allow this I can see complaints of noise pollution over many Christian churches being fair game. Looks like it's just being used by sewer sources for another boogieman story.
    That was my point as well. If they allow Xtians to ring bells all the time they have to let other religions make a bunch of infernal racket as well. BUT -- the Xtian churches use equipment that they purchased, not city property. IMO if the Muslims want to broadcast their calls to prayer then they need to do it with their own equipment, not public property.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    This thread dis-evolved into discussion about Dixiecrats.
    It's clear you have no clue about the definition of Dixiecrat.

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The only division in the 1st amendment involves Congress not being allowed to create an official religion.

Nothing in the 1st amendment makes the either/or distinction you pretend it does.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    The only division in the 1st amendment involves Congress not being allowed to create an official religion.

Nothing in the 1st amendment makes the either/or distinction you pretend it does.
    Like I said, I don't care about muh constitution. I want policies based on logic. Keeping religion out of government is logical.

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Like I said, I don't care about muh constitution. I want policies based on logic. Keeping religion out of government is logical.
    Whose logic? Sounds very left wing to me.

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Whose logic? Sounds very left wing to me.
    Human logic. Take away identity politics and it becomes pretty obvious that we don't want religion in the government, or the government in religion.

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Human logic. Take away identity politics and it becomes pretty obvious that we don't want religion in the government, or the government in religion.
    Which humans? Obvious to whom? You seem to think you can speak for everyone else.