Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dow falls 1,191 points -- the most in history

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    So how many Americans have contracted the disease? How many Americans have died from it?
    Maybe Nerdberg can find some more writers who will speculate that "if true", according to "anonymous" but supposedly "highly respected whistle-blowers", that Trump is concealing millions of deaths from the public.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Since the Russia Tax Cut went into effect 1/2/18, the DJIA has grown at its slowest pace since the Great Bush Recession:
    That is a LIE and it is LAME. Yet you keep repeating it. Is it because you are mentally retarded.

DJIA 1/2/18: 24,824
    Why do you always start at some random date that fits your lie filled narrative?

DJIA 2/27/20: 25,172
    The DOW closed at 25,766.4 on this date.

+348
    +1% over 25 months.
    That's the worst performance since the Great Bush Recession.
    DOW on January 2, 2019 = 23,346.
    DOW on January 2, 2020 = 28,868

That's an increase in one year of 5,522 points, or 23.6%. That's a record breaker shit-for-brains.

DOW on Trump inauguration = 19,827.25
    DOW as of last nights close = 25,766.64

That's an increase of 5,939 points, or 30%.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Earl (02-28-2020)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Maybe Nerdberg can find some more writers who will speculate that "if true", according to "anonymous" but supposedly "highly respected whistle-blowers", that Trump is concealing millions of deaths from the public.

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I see another secret trip to Walter Reed in his future.
    If this alleged "trip to Walter Reed" was "secret", how did you supposedly learn of it?

Unfortunately for your breathless narrative, the leftist media was full of speculation about a visit to the facility that they weren't told about in advance, and appear to be butthurt because they weren't invited to come along.

Even Vox admitted that "To be clear, there’s no hard evidence that Trump’s trip to the hospital was anything more more than a 73-year-old man being proactive about his health".

Maybe you don't know what "secret" means.

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is how I picture DEMOCRATS trying to sow panic in an election year, TD:

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

And the left further cement their reputation for understanding nothing about economics.
    Bravo boys, bravo
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celticguy For This Post:

Earl (02-28-2020), Truth Detector (02-28-2020)

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So how many Americans have contracted the disease? How many Americans have died from it?
    Even the leftist-infested media doesn't think their NPC audience is gullible enough to believe that President Trump is America's Patient Zero who wants to personally sneeze on every DEMOCRAT and person of color in the USA just out of spite.

Instead, the DNC/media trope is that Trump's "hamfisted incompetence" is "preventing an effective response" to a crisis that hasn't occurred on our shores yet, and may never do so.

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Even the leftist-infested media doesn't think their NPC audience is gullible enough to believe that President Trump is America's Patient Zero who wants to personally sneeze on every DEMOCRAT and person of color in the USA just out of spite.

Instead, the DNC/media trope is that Trump's "hamfisted incompetence" is "preventing an effective response" to a crisis that hasn't occurred on our shores yet, and may never do so.

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    MAGA Baby!

New York (CNN Business)US stocks again sold off sharply on Thursday as worries about coronavirus mounted. The S&P 500 posted its worst day since August 18, 2011, and the three main indexes fell into correction territory. Stocks are on track for their worst week since the financial crisis.

The Dow (INDU) dropped 1,191 points, or 4.4% in its worst one-day point drop in history. The index has fallen more than 10% below its most-recent peak, putting it in correction.

The S&P 500 (SPX) closed down 4.4% and finished the day below the 3,000 point mark. The index is also in correction territory.

The Nasdaq Composite (COMP) ended down 4.6%, more than 10% below its latest peak.

All three indexes are on track for their worst week since the fall of 2008, the midst of the financial crisis.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/27/inves...off/index.html

I think its funny as hell...….the elite banking families are losing money hand over foot....Yet Trumps economy in the US just keeps on truck'n. Let them go bankrupt in their hatred of Donald Trump. Trump is laughing at them. For years the Fed and the Central Bank have propagated the LIE that the Stock Market is a reflection of the health of the economy. Trump is proving they use this concept to control the world's wealth.

Look around.....THE PEOPLE of the US are going about their business as if nothing is happening....because nothing is happening,(let the press and the leftist politicians continue to cry wolf as their personal bank accounts dwindle) its fear mongering in the attempt to bring down TRUMP.

It will not work this time as it did in 2008. Trump has his own international trading partners, he has secured the borders and is controlling the possible number of cases that can enter the nation.

This PANIC will die down in a few days....and Trump will still be POTUS and will still have a strong economy. The one's that are losing money are the elite. I say....go for broke. Trump is planning on going back on the precious metal standard.

Why worry about an enemy that is stupid enough to destroy themselves? Trump is going to simply allow this to play out. Then when they are finished with the their temper tantrum....its back to business as usual.

Look at the states that are injecting fear into the public arena. California has said, We are now observing thousands for POSSILBE infection. There are no infections because they ae under OBSERVATION. Hell a cruise ship with thousands on it was being OBSERVED.....not one case of the virus. Its YELLOW JOURANLISM....its being exposed. Look for NY to declare, "Thousands are now being OBSERVED...……" its the usual left wing players at work...……

Up to 80 thousand die every year from the FLU...….yet this virus has killed no where near that number, its a faction of the mortality that the flu causes EVERY YEAR. This came from China and the Central Banks...it was a planned and staged event. Trump is laughing....he was prepared.

Think about it. Trump's base is the Blue Collar workers of the US....how many people carrying dinner buckets or brown bag lunches are currently losing anything in the STOCK MARKET? Wall St. could burn to the ground and Trump's base will still be there.

What you are witnessing is the thrashing of a dying organization (the World Banking Industry)…..its like a chicken that has been decapitated. I think its FUNNY desperation. What? Are they going to tank the Market for 6 months? When the citizens of the US realize....this also is FAKE NEWS....its game over.
    Last edited by Ralph; 02-28-2020 at 09:38 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Earl (02-28-2020), Truth Detector (02-28-2020)

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Stone,

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    And the left cheers it on. Sickening. Funny thing though,....when the market bounces back soon, and we all KNOW it will,...the lefty cheers will turn to tears. Again,... pretty sickening.
    If you wish to protect any of the gains you made since he was elected you better sell fast.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-28-2020)

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Stone,

If you wish to protect any of the gains you made since he was elected you better sell fast.
    There are millions of American retirees who depend on their investments to put food on the table and to buy medicines critical to their wellbeing.

PoliTalker is a cruel, hate filled un-American loon.

16. The Following User Groans At Earl For This Awful Post:

christiefan915 (02-28-2020)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-28-2020)

18. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    O

Buy low sell high lol.

The Corona Virus panic very likely has an expiration date.
    I would agree. But, I am no financial wizard. Just a casual observer. Here is my guess.

Logic tells me what to expect.

This market panic will go so far and then turn around. That could all happen today.

The current scare is similar to people running out and buying up all the face masks they could find.

The virus isn't even loose here yet, (?) hasn't killed thousands.

Marketers will reorder and restock face masks and they will be available again.

Stocks will bottom out, then, when it is realized that these feared market effects have not really killed production yet, the market will rebound.

Then, as the virus actually does begin to keep people home and not buying or producing things, and then we see hundreds and thousands of deaths, the market will really dive. That one could last longer.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-28-2020)

20. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,654 Times in 17,915 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    I think its funny as hell...….the elite banking families are losing money hand over foot....Yet Trumps economy in the US just keeps on truck'n. Let them go bankrupt in their hatred of Donald Trump. Trump is laughing at them. For years the Fed and the Central Bank have propagated the LIE that the Stock Market is a reflection of the health of the economy. Trump is proving they use this concept to control the world's wealth.

Look around.....THE PEOPLE of the US are going about their business as if nothing is happening....because nothing is happening,(let the press and the leftist politicians continue to cry wolf as their personal bank accounts dwindle) its fear mongering in the attempt to bring down TRUMP.

It will not work this time as it did in 2008. Trump has his own international trading partners, he has secured the borders and is controlling the possible number of cases that can enter the nation.

This PANIC will die down in a few days....and Trump will still be POTUS and will still have a strong economy. The one's that are losing money are the elite. I say....go for broke. Trump is planning on going back on the precious metal standard.

Why worry about an enemy that is stupid enough to destroy themselves? Trump is going to simply allow this to play out. Then when they are finished with the their temper tantrum....its back to business as usual.

Look at the states that are injecting fear into the public arena. California has said, We are now observing thousands for POSSILBE infection. There are no infections because they ae under OBSERVATION. Hell a cruise ship with thousands on it was being OBSERVED.....not one case of the virus. Its YELLOW JOURANLISM....its being exposed. Look for NY to declare, "Thousands are now being OBSERVED...……" its the usual left wing players at work...……

Up to 80 thousand die every year from the FLU...….yet this virus has killed no where near that number, its a faction of the mortality that the flu causes EVERY YEAR. This came from China and the Central Banks...it was a planned and staged event. Trump is laughing....he was prepared.

Think about it. Trump's base is the Blue Collar workers of the US....how many people carrying dinner buckets or brown bag lunches are currently losing anything in the STOCK MARKET? Wall St. could burn to the ground and Trump's base will still be there.

What you are witnessing is the thrashing of a dying organization (the World Banking Industry)…..its like a chicken that has been decapitated. I think its FUNNY desperation. What? Are they going to tank the Market for 6 months? When the citizens of the US realize....this also is FAKE NEWS....its game over.
    Great post.

I enjoy them.

Thanks.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-28-2020)

22. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,786 Times in 17,240 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

If this alleged "trip to Walter Reed" was "secret", how did you supposedly learn of it?

Unfortunately for your breathless narrative, the leftist media was full of speculation about a visit to the facility that they weren't told about in advance, and appear to be butthurt because they weren't invited to come along.

Even Vox admitted that "To be clear, there’s no hard evidence that Trump’s trip to the hospital was anything more more than a 73-year-old man being proactive about his health".

Maybe you don't know what "secret" means.
    Serendipity. Some reporters stay on the job all night. Trump hides his health problems. A reporter took a long-range video of him slipping into the hospital. Your dishonesty is palpable.
    The president does not make late-night secret visits to hospitals. it is not normal. It is worse when it is a president who shields his health from the voters.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 02-28-2020 at 10:17 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-28-2020)

24. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    The Corona Virus and the prospect of actual socialism looms on the horizon.

What did you expect?
    We already have socialism, and nothing threatens to kill capitalism.

We have a hybrid economy. The balance is being readjusted under pressure for the needs of society. Purely logical. No reason to freak out. The change will be hardly perceptible in your life style.

As for the virus, act logically. Take all due precautions and then deal with what comes. The numbers are on your side. Most people will not die.

25. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (02-28-2020)