Members banned from this thread: evince, moon, guno and Crocodile


Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Katharine Dexter McCormick: Unsung heroine especially amongst feminists

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    82,973
    Thanks
    36,876
    Thanked 24,961 Times in 19,102 Posts
    Groans
    28,765
    Groaned 3,816 Times in 3,636 Posts
    Blog Entries
    38

    Default Katharine Dexter McCormick: Unsung heroine especially amongst feminists

    .
    Be honest, how many among you knew about this so and the huge contribution she made women's contraception.

    https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexp...ick-1875-1967/
    .

    80,000 Americans died and 900,000 were hospitalised just two years ago from flu including the most virulent Type A version of H3N2, so why didn't you arseholes call for the total destruction of the world's economic system then? I hope you have plenty of time to ponder over that when you all lose your houses, jobs and relationships!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grajonca For This Post:

    christiefan915 (02-27-2020)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    52,569
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    .
    Be honest, how many among you knew about this so and the huge contribution she made women's contraception.

    https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexp...ick-1875-1967/


    A couple of things to keep in mind, Tom.

    Margaret Sanger was a racist (admired by the Hildebeast) who preached eugenics, and the "pill" is linked to cancers and an increase in estrogen flushed into the world's waters. Hormones found in birth control pills alter the genes in fish.

    Naturally, many media outlets have attempted to downplay these facts because the "pill" is the Host in a feminist's Holy Communion. (Fetal blood takes the place of the wine.)

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    82,973
    Thanks
    36,876
    Thanked 24,961 Times in 19,102 Posts
    Groans
    28,765
    Groaned 3,816 Times in 3,636 Posts
    Blog Entries
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    A couple of things to keep in mind, Tom.

    Margaret Sanger was a racist (admired by the Hildebeast) who preached eugenics, and the "pill" is linked to cancers and an increase in estrogen flushed into the world's waters. Hormones found in birth control pills alter the genes in fish.

    Naturally, many media outlets have attempted to downplay these facts because the "pill" is the Host in a feminist's Holy Communion. (Fetal blood takes the place of the wine.)
    Many people preached eugenics including HG Wells, John Maynard Keynes, George Bernard Shaw, William Beveridge and Teddy Roosevelt. I hadn't realised you subscribed to the KKK doctrine, aka Kinder, Küche, Kirche.
    .

    80,000 Americans died and 900,000 were hospitalised just two years ago from flu including the most virulent Type A version of H3N2, so why didn't you arseholes call for the total destruction of the world's economic system then? I hope you have plenty of time to ponder over that when you all lose your houses, jobs and relationships!

  5. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    82,973
    Thanks
    36,876
    Thanked 24,961 Times in 19,102 Posts
    Groans
    28,765
    Groaned 3,816 Times in 3,636 Posts
    Blog Entries
    38

    Default

    .
    I have to admit that I'd never heard of her until recently.
    .

    80,000 Americans died and 900,000 were hospitalised just two years ago from flu including the most virulent Type A version of H3N2, so why didn't you arseholes call for the total destruction of the world's economic system then? I hope you have plenty of time to ponder over that when you all lose your houses, jobs and relationships!

  6. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    82,973
    Thanks
    36,876
    Thanked 24,961 Times in 19,102 Posts
    Groans
    28,765
    Groaned 3,816 Times in 3,636 Posts
    Blog Entries
    38

    Default

    She liberated a whole generation of women and made many men very happy as well!
    .

    80,000 Americans died and 900,000 were hospitalised just two years ago from flu including the most virulent Type A version of H3N2, so why didn't you arseholes call for the total destruction of the world's economic system then? I hope you have plenty of time to ponder over that when you all lose your houses, jobs and relationships!

  7. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    52,569
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    I hadn't realised you subscribed to the KKK doctrine, aka Kinder, Küche, Kirche.
    That's because I don't, Tom.

  8. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    51,262
    Thanks
    37,868
    Thanked 24,638 Times in 17,592 Posts
    Groans
    3,848
    Groaned 2,396 Times in 2,286 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    .
    I have to admit that I'd never heard of her until recently.
    I didn't know of her either but was really impressed that she got a degree from MIT, and in 1904 yet.

    Plus, she put her money where her mouth was when it came to birth control for women.
    #Not My President



    "This morning I tested positively toward the negative.right? So I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative. But that is a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."


    "christiefan" stands for Agatha, not Chris

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

    Grajonca (03-01-2020)

  10. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    51,262
    Thanks
    37,868
    Thanked 24,638 Times in 17,592 Posts
    Groans
    3,848
    Groaned 2,396 Times in 2,286 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Many people preached eugenics including HG Wells, John Maynard Keynes, George Bernard Shaw, William Beveridge and Teddy Roosevelt. I hadn't realised you subscribed to the KKK doctrine, aka Kinder, Küche, Kirche.
    Also Henry Ford. Seems like a lot of prominent people from that era supported it. The paragraph below is taken from the link.

    "Other influential eugenicists who fretted over the American protoplasm included grant makers from both the Rockefeller and Carnegie Foundations, U.S. President Calvin Coolidge, David Starr Jordan, the president of Stanford University, psychologist Henry H. Goddard, Senator Henry Cabot Lodge, R-Mass., auto magnate Henry Ford, inventor of the telephone Alexander Graham Bell, botanist Luther Burbank, Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., Robert A. Millikan, a Nobel laureate in physics, novelists Upton Sinclair and Sinclair Lewis, economist William Z. Ripley, birth control advocate Margaret Sanger, advocate for the blind Helen Keller, African-American scholar W.E.B. Dubois, and the creator of the wellness movement, Dr. John Harvey Kellogg."

    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...t-happen-again
    #Not My President



    "This morning I tested positively toward the negative.right? So I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative. But that is a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."


    "christiefan" stands for Agatha, not Chris

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

    Grajonca (03-01-2020)

  12. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    82,973
    Thanks
    36,876
    Thanked 24,961 Times in 19,102 Posts
    Groans
    28,765
    Groaned 3,816 Times in 3,636 Posts
    Blog Entries
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Also Henry Ford. Seems like a lot of prominent people from that era supported it. The paragraph below is taken from the link.

    "Other influential eugenicists who fretted over the American protoplasm included grant makers from both the Rockefeller and Carnegie Foundations, U.S. President Calvin Coolidge, David Starr Jordan, the president of Stanford University, psychologist Henry H. Goddard, Senator Henry Cabot Lodge, R-Mass., auto magnate Henry Ford, inventor of the telephone Alexander Graham Bell, botanist Luther Burbank, Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., Robert A. Millikan, a Nobel laureate in physics, novelists Upton Sinclair and Sinclair Lewis, economist William Z. Ripley, birth control advocate Margaret Sanger, advocate for the blind Helen Keller, African-American scholar W.E.B. Dubois, and the creator of the wellness movement, Dr. John Harvey Kellogg."

    https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/...t-happen-again
    Yes there very many on both sides of the political divide. Kellogg was a really strange guy, a true weirdo.

    https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...ge-strange-man
    .

    80,000 Americans died and 900,000 were hospitalised just two years ago from flu including the most virulent Type A version of H3N2, so why didn't you arseholes call for the total destruction of the world's economic system then? I hope you have plenty of time to ponder over that when you all lose your houses, jobs and relationships!

  13. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    51,262
    Thanks
    37,868
    Thanked 24,638 Times in 17,592 Posts
    Groans
    3,848
    Groaned 2,396 Times in 2,286 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Yes there very many on both sides of the political divide. Kellogg was a really strange guy, a true weirdo.

    https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...ge-strange-man
    He really was. A real sicko. <shudder>
    #Not My President



    "This morning I tested positively toward the negative.right? So I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative. But that is a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative."


    "christiefan" stands for Agatha, not Chris

  14. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    52,569
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    He really was. A real sicko. <shudder>
    Wasn't he a lifelong DEMOCRAT?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-23-2013, 03:48 PM
  2. Dexter
    By Cancel7 in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 06:57 PM
  3. Dexter II
    By TSgt in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 03:44 PM
  4. Grind: Re Dexter
    By LadyT in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 02:14 PM
  5. Dexter
    By LadyT in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 10:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •