Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bloomberg Hits A Debate Homer. Inept President Has Us Unprepared For Corona Virus

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 3,312 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    That thread was such a pile of shit that it deserves no response. How fucking dumb was it? You are a conspiracy nut of the highest order. Go see Trump for your medal.
    I called your proof dumb. That makes me clever and witty.

And those who detect imaginary secret Russian agents lurking behind every shadow are smearing OTHERS as conspiracy theorists...for citing left-wing ASSOCIATED PRESS proving that Democrats are lying about this?

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Actually no lol.

Rural hospitals are struggling *because* they are so reliant on Medicare/Medicaid for reimbursement. Under a Medicare for all scheme the government would either be forced to subsidize them or watch them go under.

Not something you’d want to see with the Corona Virus.
    Nope, that's for sure. But because of red state recalcitrance, that is exactly the case. So determined are they to protect lower taxes for the rich that they have created this huge problem for society. A problem which would not exist if they had simply left well enough alone.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Because the rural areas would be so better serviced without medicare/Medicaid....

If that happened the bumpkin barber shops would be doing surgeries and bleeding people again.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Nope, that's for sure. But because of red state recalcitrance, that is exactly the case. So determined are they to protect lower taxes for the rich that they have created this huge problem for society. A problem which would not exist if they had simply left well enough alone.
    So, what’s the plan for subsidizing them lol?

Has that even been factored into the costs? And the reimbursement issue isn’t just an issue for small hospitals that are barely able to keep afloat. Even large hospitals have had their margins tightened by government reimbursement for their services. It’s a big reason there’s a nursing shortage. It’s a big reason burnout is rampant and leads to a high turnover. Hospitals have had their margins cut and they can only afford to hire so many of them.

And the situation is same throughout all of the skilled labor force in healthcare. Do more with less is the current mantra.

And it will all be exacerbated under a Medicare for all plan. Just so you know.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

So, what’s the plan for subsidizing them lol?

Has that even been factored into the costs? And the reimbursement issue isn’t just an issue for small hospitals that are barely able to keep afloat. Even large hospitals have had their margins tightened by government reimbursement for their services. It’s a big reason there’s a nursing shortage. It’s a big reason burnout is rampant and leads to a high turnover. Hospitals have had their margins cut and they can only afford to hire so many of them.

And the situation is same throughout all of the skilled labor force in healthcare. Do more with less is the current mantra.

And it will all be exacerbated under a Medicare for all plan. Just so you know.
    Whatever we do toward the ultimate goal of creating a national health service, similar to the military, where the goal is to provide health care for all, and the people are motivated to work not for profit or getting rich, but to serve their nation and to receive a reasonable salary in return for their service, just as those who serve in the military do is a good thing. And these dedicated Americans understand that even within those ranks it is possible to rise among them and to be more richly rewarded, if they have what it takes to do that. I do not know of any poor generals.

If we have to endure some growing pains to transform our inadequate health care system into the one we need, then that is what we must accept.

Single Payer, in my view, is a stepping stone. I simply cannot rationalize for-profit capitalism in health care any more than I can for education or incarceration. These are the wrong functions to be leaving it up to those who are obsessed with wealth acquisition. The goal needs to be the healthiest nation possible, not the richest investors and executives possible.

The wealth obsessed think big. They look at the big picture and try to figure out how best to cause that situation to provide them with the most wealth.

I think bigger. I look at the big picture and try to figure out how best to cause that to be improved for society and for the United States of America.

The truly altruistic view is not to think of self above all else, but instead to think of such advancement for society that one self is also lifted by such advancement, along with all others. Mutual benefit is greater than individual benefit. And it is more secure.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 03-01-2020 at 07:45 AM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

Whatever we do toward the ultimate goal of creating a national health service, similar to the military, where the goal is to provide health care for all, and the people are motivated to work not for profit or getting rich, but to serve their nation and to receive a reasonable salary in return for their service, just as those who serve in the military do is a good thing. And these dedicated Americans understand that even within those ranks it is possible to rise among them and to be more richly rewarded, if they have what it takes to do that. I do not know of any poor generals.

If we have to endure some growing pains to transform our inadequate health care system into the one we need, then that is what we must accept.

Single Payer, in my view, is a stepping stone. I simply cannot rationalize for-profit capitalism in health care any more than I can for education or incarceration. These are the wrong functions to be leaving it up to those who are obsessed with wealth acquisition. The goal needs to be the healthiest nation possible, not the richest investors and executives possible.
    I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t take my job to ‘serve the nation’ lol.

Try standing in one spot for five or six hours. Be sure to pee first. You’re simply naive, to be blunt about it. Why shouldn’t docs be allowed to get ‘rich’? They are the ones who spent their ‘fun years’ getting educated and trained only to be saddled with massive debt when they get into practice. How are they supposed to pay all that off if the government is forced to ‘cap their wages’ or whatever?

Why should I have my wages capped when I work as hard or harder than most people, not to mention the stressful atmosphere in which I/we do it.

The healthcare/health insurance industry doesn’t need burnt to the ground.

It just needs fixed.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

ExpressLane (03-01-2020)

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,248 Times in 14,759 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t take my job to ‘serve the nation’ lol.

Try standing in one spot for five or six hours. Be sure to pee first. You’re simply naive, to be blunt about it. Why shouldn’t docs be allowed to get ‘rich’? They are the ones who spent their ‘fun years’ getting educated and trained only to be saddled with massive debt when they get into practice. How are they supposed to pay all that off if the government is forced to ‘cap their wages’ or whatever?

Why should I have my wages capped when I work as hard or harder than most people, not to mention the stressful atmosphere in which I/we do it.

The healthcare/health insurance industry doesn’t need burnt to the ground.

It just needs fixed.
    Agreed 100% 4 years college 4 years med school 4 years residency an 2 years of fellowship while my friends were partying . Doctors should be allowed to recover the years of no pay or low pay with long hours and for the money we spend on school. If you don't let doctors recover those years of no earning or low earning and long hours you will not have many doctors. Also most docs work many hours a week to earn the money they make.

Politalker is a idiot.
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 03-01-2020 at 08:12 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Darth Omar (03-01-2020)

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Agreed 100% 4 years college 4 years med school 4 years residency an 2 years of fellowship while my friends were partying . Doctors should be allowed to recover the years of no pay or low pay with long hours and for the money we spend on school. If you don't let doctors recover those years of no earning or low earning and long hours you will not have many doctors. Also most docs work many hours a week to earn the money they make.

Politalker is a idiot.
    Pretty much.

Anyone who goes to medical school—and the whole nine yards, in order to get ‘rich’ is taking a very long road to go about it lol. And yeah, under a socialized system many people won’t want to fool with it. Actually, that goes across the board for anyone involved with healthcare.