Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Republican Senator Thinks God Made Telephones.

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    So, Snowflake, you don't care if trillions of dollars of stock market value are lost to millions of Americans who depend on this revenue to help feed their families.

You are demonic, Snowflake, a demonic snowflake.
    That was silly. The mass of stocks is owned by the wealthy. The man in the street is not counting on the market to feed his family. Almost no one does. However, you do not lose money until you sell it. keep it until Trump makes it worth billions.

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.): “God made these things called telephones ..."

The Hill
    IT's A COMMON FIGURE OF SPEECH;

The Mississippi-born Kennedy was raised in Zachary, Louisiana in East Baton Rouge Parish. After graduating from Zachary High School as co-valedictorian in 1969, Kennedy entered Vanderbilt University where his interdepartmental major was in political science, philosophy and economics. He graduated magna cum laude.

At Vanderbilt, he was elected president of his senior class and named to Phi Beta Kappa. After Vanderbilt, Kennedy received a J.D. degree in 1977 from the University of Virginia School of Law in Charlottesville, Virginia. At the University of Virginia School of Law, he was an executive editor of the Virginia Law Review and was elected to the Order of the Coif.[1] In 1979, he earned a Bachelor of Civil Law degree with first class honours from Oxford University (Magdalen College) in England, where he studied under Sir Rupert Cross and John H.C. Morris.[2][3]

He has written and published the following books and articles: Louisiana State Constitutional Law (LSU Publications Institute, Jan. 1, 2012), The Dimension of Time in the Louisiana Products Liability Act (42 Louisiana Bar Journal, Jan. 1, 1994), The Role of the Consumer Expectation Test Under Louisiana’s Products Liability Doctrine (69 Tulane Law Review 117, Jan. 1, 1994), A Primer on the Louisiana Products Liability Act (49 Louisiana Law Review 565, Jan. 1, 1989), Assumption of the Risk, Comparative Fault and Strict Liability After Rozell (47 Louisiana Law Review 791, Jan. 1, 1987) and The Federal Power Commission, Job Bias, and NAACP v. FPC (10 Akron Law Review 556, Jan. 1, 1977).

He was a partner in the Chaffe McCall law firm in New Orleans. He also served as an adjunct professor at Louisiana State University's Paul M. Hebert Law Center in Baton Rouge from 2002 to 2016.[4]

PRETTY SURE HE KNOWS WHERE PHONES COME FROM, YOU CHILDISH MORON....
    Last edited by Grokmaster; 02-26-2020 at 10:35 PM.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

ExpressLane (02-28-2020)

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Who created god? Who created the god that made god....It is turtles all the way down.
    Who created God? No one, God is "eternal" unlike the physical universe that is documented being in state of decay.

God is not PHYSICAL, He is a spirit, existing outside of the physical reality that HE created. Something that is eternal has no beginning nor end...God is a spiritual being (2 Cor. 3:17) There is no "circular logic" as exists with the paradox of some Big Bang theory where everything was created from NOTHING.

Its explained in the revelations called the Holy Scriptures. Its impossible for man to even comprehend the true nature of God, an Omnipresent, Omnipotent existence. God is so much more our superior man cannot even begin to imagine the totality of God. Or as the scriptures declare, "Even the awe inspiring physical heavens (the natural universe) pale in comparison with the almighty. God pre-existed CREATION (Prov. 8:22,26)

How long has God been around? (Ps. 93:1-2)...God is all eternity. How long will God be around? (Ps. 90:2)...everlasting to everlasting. Where does God live? (Isaiah 57:15)...in a high and holy place, also with the low and contrite.

Start with the simple concept that God has revealed to man. LOVE. "He who does not love does not know God....FOR GOD IS LOVE." -- 1 John 4:8 Love is a concept that cannot be defined only experienced....thus the scriptures tell us that God is the embodiment of LOVE and all we know about love is stated as coming from God.

Love does not start and end with man.....it started with God and mankind mimicked Father God. "In this is love, not that we (first) loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be a propitiation(overcoming distrust) of love." -- 1 John 4:10

Why do you not believe in God? Its a question of love. What is the opposite of love? Hate. If selflessness is a trait of love....what then is a trait (symptom) of hate...selfishness.

You do not want to believe in God because......you love only one....SELF.
    Last edited by Ralph; 02-26-2020 at 10:56 PM.

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

How bizarre is this?

God made telephones, but you can't call God up on one.

OK, no.

Wait.

It gets worse.

There are people who vote for this nonsense!

The holder of this belief is in an elected position.

Is that weird or what.

We do live in a weird world.

SMH
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (02-27-2020)

7. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

How bizarre is this?

OK, no.

Wait.

It gets worse.

Is that weird or what.

SMH

POST #92, LET'S COMPARE YOUR RESUME...SHALL WE?
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How bizarre is this?

OK, no.

Wait.

It gets worse.

Is that weird or what.

SMH
    Reality: You live in a world that is incapable of explaining its own origins.....yet YOU LIVE, you can't deny your unexplained existence. According to you, YOU exist because of NOTHING. Do the math.....if you came from nothing (-0-)…..you are still a (-0-)….yet here you are alive and the only biological life in existence that can reason about your own mortality and morality, as neither capacity exists in nature.

Enlighten us using the laws of physics and the scientific method of objective, reproducible, consistent EXPERIMENTATION.....and explain your existence and your comprehension of Mortality and Morality.

1. Where did the UNIVERSE COME FROM....where did it begin, when did it begin. 2. Where did life come from? How was it naturally created from nothing? 3. Explain how the matter known as Hydrogen and Helium (the supposed product of the BIG BANG) was transformed into all the Elements of the Periodic Table...… 4. Explain how once transformed (magically via the energy of STAR DUST) that conglomerate of magic dust evolved from DEAD matter into Biological Life....that eventually resulted in MAN.

According to you. A BIG BANG came from NOTHING...as there was no preexisting matter/mass to create a Bang, big or otherwise.....then magically the resulting remnant morphed into billions and billions and Trillions of STARS...….which fused Hydrogen and Helium into all the elements of the periodic table.....which then morphed into MAN after billions of years of...…..of....of...….

Well, you get the picture. You take 2 gases, Helium and Hydrogen, mix generously under enough pressure.....and you GET MAN, after a few billion years in the cosmic cooker.

Yeah....that's more logical than suggesting there was an eternally existing superior creating force that existed before the KNOWN UNIVERSE in a spiritual realm.

Even Prima Facie TRUTH must be considered as truth until YOU PRODUCE the objective, reproducible evidence that refutes the very possibility of that prima facie evidence (reasoned truth beyond the capacity of any sane person to doubt otherwise)…….Truth that is observed by both the answered and unanswered questions concerning CREATION as derived by LOGIC.

Its totally illogical to suggest that man is the result of magic fairy dust.
    Last edited by Ralph; 02-27-2020 at 12:25 PM.

9. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    They were called Phoenicians.
    OK, that was good.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

11. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

God must have made telephones on the 6th day so he could call out for pizza on the 7th.

12. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

13. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

God must have made telephones on the 6th day so he could call out for pizza on the 7th.
    God made telephones when He created ADAM......it just took Adam's descendants a few thousand years to figure out how to re-arrange the existing CREATED matter and energy into a working model.

Man creates nothing. To create you must make the non-existent EXIST. God created the mass/matter/energy......and the physical laws that govern them. God creates then the created applies the laws.

God has no respect of person. The rain falls on the sinner and saint alike...the sun shines on all God's creatures. There is no partiality with God (Romans 2:11) We are commanded to know the will of the Lord (Eph. 5:17) The will of the Lord is revealed in scripture "...faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God."

God enlightens us, ONLY THE MATURE can know the will of God, "However we (the apostles of Christ) speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing." -- 1 Cor. 2:6

"For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe." (1 Cor. 1:21)

Conclusion: Of course you in your immaturity cannot comprehend the simple Truth delivered by God, proof of creation is all around you but there are none so blind as those who refuse to open their eyes.

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, nor can he know them because they are spiritually discerned (unable to comprehend or understand). -- 1 Cor. 2:14

BUT HE WHO IS SPIRITUAL JUDGES ALL THINGS; YET HE HIMSELF IS RIGHTLY JUDGED BY NO ONE.

You think and reason within the laws of physics...….you ignore the spiritual at your own risk, we are all born crying ABBA (Father)….we all die crying (ABBA). That thing called life is what happens in between the Alpha and Omega of this plane of reality.
    Last edited by Ralph; 02-27-2020 at 04:47 PM.

14. The Following User Groans At Ralph For This Awful Post:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ralph For This Post:

Grokmaster (02-27-2020)

16. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The secular humanist word for today: PRO-CREATION. Know it, comprehend it. First came creation then PRO-CREATION through the natural laws of physics. Life can only be reproduced via pro-creation within species as proven by Pasteur in the 19th century. There is no magic fairy dust that creates life from Hydrogen and Helium if given Billions of years to randomly work its magic.

Logic: If Star's are produced from Star Nurseries as suggested by theory...…..why has no NEW STAR ever been witnessed BORN in recorded history? Many stars can be observed in a state of decay (dying) and eventually ending their existence. But not one NEW STAR has ever been observed....even in this new modern age of technology. With Billions of stars in each Galaxy and Billions of Galaxies in the Universe.....with LIGHT being the ultimate rate of speed.....where are all these new born stars that were born BILLIONS of years ago with the light just now becoming OBSERVABLE from earth? With a star count such as exists.....new stars must have been popping up like popcorn exploding to account for these TRILLIONS of SUNS that are observable...TODAY.

Anyone. Document the observed creation of just ONE new star …...just one. What you can document is the death of a star but the actual birth of a star has never been OBSERVED. Why? The existing light from these distant observable stars must have happened BILLIONS of years ago to just now reach earth....where is the actual birth of a single star observed in the OBSERVABLE UNIVERSE? Time is no problem...as it takes billions of years for the light to reach the earth....so WHAT UP? Where did these existing observable stars come from? We know where they go...eventually. But not one has been observed in an actual LABOR PAIN of birth.

HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

17. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

God had to create phones or there would be no televangelists or dial-a-prayer.

18. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

19. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Not quite. I've lived in the NE and The South and heard the N word many times more often in the NE.

But by all means, keep spreading lies about The South. We don't mind at all; bless your heart.
    Who needs to spread rumors? The putrid political bent of a HUGE percentage of you is on proud display. It's why Trump only does his klan rallies in the south.

You almost elected a fucking pedophile senator, jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis

20. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 183 Times in 177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    The secular humanist word for today: PRO-CREATION. Know it, comprehend it. First came creation then PRO-CREATION through the natural laws of physics. Life can only be reproduced via pro-creation within species as proven by Pasteur in the 19th century. There is no magic fairy dust that creates life from Hydrogen and Helium if given Billions of years to randomly work its magic.

Logic: If Star's are produced from Star Nurseries as suggested by theory...…..why has no NEW STAR ever been witnessed BORN in recorded history? Many stars can be observed in a state of decay (dying) and eventually ending their existence. But not one NEW STAR has ever been observed....even in this new modern age of technology. With Billions of stars in each Galaxy and Billions of Galaxies in the Universe.....with LIGHT being the ultimate rate of speed.....where are all these new born stars that were born BILLIONS of years ago with the light just now becoming OBSERVABLE from earth? With a star count such as exists.....new stars must have been popping up like popcorn exploding to account for these TRILLIONS of SUNS that are observable...TODAY.

Anyone. Document the observed creation of just ONE new star …...just one. What you can document is the death of a star but the actual birth of a star has never been OBSERVED. Why? The existing light from these distant observable stars must have happened BILLIONS of years ago to just now reach earth....where is the actual birth of a single star observed in the OBSERVABLE UNIVERSE? Time is no problem...as it takes billions of years for the light to reach the earth....so WHAT UP? Where did these existing observable stars come from? We know where they go...eventually. But not one has been observed in an actual LABOR PAIN of birth.

HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
    'Pro-creation" is some sort of endorsement of intelligent design by the scientific community?

I may never read anything so batshit retarded, ever again. Do you wear a bib, by any chance?

Oh, and here's a story about us witnessing the birth of a star in 2013, you fucking moron:
    https://www.manchester.ac.uk/discove...-massive-star/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Actually I have a nice penis

21. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,968 Times in 14,555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    Ah yes taking things out of context is the mark of a true liar. Here is what was said in context.

Translation TALK TO EACH OTHER!
    Kennedy was being sarcastic people as stupid as Politalker aren't smart enough to understand sarcasm. I pity the fool.

22. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,968 Times in 14,555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    That was silly. The mass of stocks is owned by the wealthy. The man in the street is not counting on the market to feed his family. Almost no one does. However, you do not lose money until you sell it. keep it until Trump makes it worth billions.
    Tens of millions of regular people own 401K with stock in them. Many depend on them for retirement.