Thread: Leftist Couch

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Leftist View Post
    What does it mean to "Kate Steinle'd"?
    So you admit I didn't use the word kill?

Since the jury believed Zarate's bullshit story that the gun involved in her death fired accidentally when he picked it up, the determination by that jury was that the POS illegal didn't kill her but rather an accident caused by the gun. You claiming that I said I hoped an illegal immigrant killed your family is a false statement for two reasons. There is no such thing as an illegal immigrant. Immigrants are here with permission. Illegals aren't. Secondly, an illegal didn't kill Kate. The jury determined the gun did.

I wouldn't wish for someone's family to be murdered. However, I wouldn't care if a similar type accident happened to those that make excuses for illegals.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    CL: "What's the weirdest issue that people aren't thinking about that you know of?"
    Jack: Job loss through Automation, Robotics and Out Sourcing. Other than Yang, I haven't seen anyone address this. It's like the Elephant in the Room that Everyone is Ignoring.
    Machines replacing people have been screamed about for a century. This is not new. Many books have been written on it. many magazine articles. I am not hiding under the bed over this. remember the Luddites in about 1800. They fought the terrible automation in the textile industry. SCi FI wrote about this.
    I remember that computers were going to create a paperless society. So many warnings. But we continued on.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Machines replacing people have been screamed about for a century. This is not new. Many books have been written on it. many magazine articles. I am not hiding under the bed over this. remember the Luddites in about 1800. They fought the terrible automation in the textile industry. SCi FI wrote about this.
    I remember that computers were going to create a paperless society. So many warnings. But we continued on.
    Do you notice we have developed a 'Program' for the Excess People?
    Food Stamps.
    Public Housing.
    Unemployment.
    MedicAid.

Now that the "Machines' are making the Machines that Humans used to make, ... what is the NEXT Program? Or ... it's all good, don't worry about it.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

You are right. I remember reading in the mid-60s (1960s to you smart alecks out there, lol) that automation would spell the end of good factory jobs for humans. Mr. Owl got a BS in industrial engineering in the mid-70s, and realized that computers were the future, so parlayed that into a career.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Food Stamps.
    Public Housing.
    Unemployment.
    MedicAid.

Now that the "Machines' are making the Machines that Humans used to make, ... what is the NEXT Program? Or ... it's all good, don't worry about it.
    Excess? You mean the underpaid workers ? You get unemployment by working , then getting laid off,. Food stamps are given to many who work at min wage jobs. Thos are not excess, just people owners can underpay. Of course the majority of those getting help are kids.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Excess? You mean the underpaid workers ? You get unemployment by working , then getting laid off,. Food stamps are given to many who work at min wage jobs. Thos are not excess, just people owners can underpay. Of course the majority of those getting help are kids.
    'Excess People'.
    Like parts of Central America where the Catholic Church promotes unlimited breeding, but has no plan on how to provide Jobs so they can feed themselves.

"The proletariat (/ˌproʊlɪˈtɛəriət/ from Latin proletarius "producing offspring") is the class of wage-earners in an economic society whose only possession of significant material value is their labour-power (how much work they can do).[1] A member of such a class is a proletarian."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proletariat

Since we are entering the Age of Technology, we need LESS 'manual laborers'. NOT MORE.
    Is your Plan for the Future to double the size of the 'Welfare Program'?

7. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Here's one solution:

"Incarceration in the United States is one of the main forms of punishment and rehabilitation for the commission of felony and other offenses. The United States has the largest prison population in the world, and the highest per-capita incarceration rate.[3][4][5] In 2018 in the US, there were 698 people incarcerated per 100,000;[6] this includes the incarceration rate for adults or people tried as adults.[7][3] In 2016, 2.2 million Americans have been incarcerated, which means for every 100,000 there are 655 that are currently inmates."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarc..._United_States

The Republicans favor a 'For-Profit' Prison system so they can make money off the incarcerated.

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

When Sheep became more profitable than Farming in England, the Feudal Lords would kick the Farmers off the Land and fence it in for Sheep.
    The Farmers would end up in the Cities and resort to stealing to feed their Families. They would be caught and hung (sometimes 20 a day).
    The Wives would become Prostitutes and the Children Pickpockets.

"Enclosure (sometimes inclosure) was the legal process in England of consolidating (enclosing) small landholdings into larger farms[1] since the 13th century. Once enclosed, use of the land became restricted and available only to the owner, and it ceased to be common land for communal use. In England and Wales the term is also used for the process that ended the ancient system of arable farming in open fields. Under enclosure, such land is fenced (enclosed) and deeded or entitled to one or more owners. The process of enclosure began to be a widespread feature of the English agricultural landscape during the 16th century."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enclosure

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Food Stamps.
    Public Housing.
    Unemployment.
    MedicAid.

Those programs have nothing to do with excess people.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here's one solution:

"Incarceration in the United States is one of the main forms of punishment and rehabilitation for the commission of felony and other offenses. The United States has the largest prison population in the world, and the highest per-capita incarceration rate.[3][4][5] In 2018 in the US, there were 698 people incarcerated per 100,000;[6] this includes the incarceration rate for adults or people tried as adults.[7][3] In 2016, 2.2 million Americans have been incarcerated, which means for every 100,000 there are 655 that are currently inmates."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarc..._United_States

The Republicans favor a 'For-Profit' Prison system so they can make money off the incarcerated.
    There's an easy solution to the problem you believe exists. If people don't commit crimes, there's no need for any type of prison system.

11. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    So you admit I didn't use the word kill?
    You meant "to kill". To kill and murder are different things. That illegal pulled the trigger to fire the bullet that ricocheted off the ground to kill that girl. Murder implies intent. You still wished my family to be killed.

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Leftist View Post
    You meant "to kill". To kill and murder are different things. That illegal pulled the trigger to fire the bullet that ricocheted off the ground to kill that girl. Murder implies intent. You still wished my family to be killed.
    So now you go from claiming I said it to claiming you can read minds. Retard.

The jury in the case didn't believe he pulled the trigger. Zarate blamed the gun and the jury accepted his claim.

His conviction of being a felon in possession of a firearm was later overturned by the courts.