Members banned from this thread: evince, CharacterAssassin and guno


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Thread: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn: A Warning to the West

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    83,274
    Thanks
    37,013
    Thanked 25,087 Times in 19,192 Posts
    Groans
    28,903
    Groaned 3,823 Times in 3,643 Posts
    Blog Entries
    38

    Default Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn: A Warning to the West

    .

    It is astonishing that Communism has been writing about itself in the most open way, in black and white, for 125 years, and even more openly, more candidly in the beginning. The [book:Communist Manifesto|30474, for instance, which everyone knows by name and which almost no one takes the trouble to read, contains even more terrible things than what has actually been done. It is perfectly amazing. The whole world can read, everyone is literate, yet somehow no one wants to understand. Humanity acts as if it does not understand what Communism is, as if it does not want to understand, is not capable of understanding.

    Communism has never concealed the fact that it rejects all absolute concepts of morality. It scoffs at any consideration of "good" and "evil" as indisputable categories. Communism considers morality to be relative, to be a class matter. Depending on circumstances and the political situation, any act, including murder, even the killing of hundreds of thousands, could be good or could be bad. It all depends on class ideology. And who defines this ideology? The whole class cannot get together to pass judgment. A handful of people determine what is good and what is bad. But I must say that in this respect Communism has been most successful. It has infected the whole world with the belief in the relativity of good and evil. Today, many people apart from the Communists are carried away by this idea.
    .

    80,000 Americans died and 900,000 were hospitalised just two years ago from flu including the most virulent Type A version of H3N2, so why didn't you arseholes call for the total destruction of the world's economic system then? I hope you have plenty of time to ponder over that when you all lose your houses, jobs and relationships!

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Grajonca For This Post:

    anatta (02-29-2020), Steven VanderMolen (02-26-2020), Truth Detector (02-26-2020), TSgt (02-27-2020), Woko Haram (02-26-2020)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    61,222
    Thanks
    7,136
    Thanked 8,807 Times in 6,154 Posts
    Groans
    5,800
    Groaned 1,531 Times in 1,443 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn is a liar who fabricated nearly everything in his book. I wish he had gone through the gulag experience he described. Fucking capitalist ghoul. Death to America.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    17,999
    Thanks
    500
    Thanked 3,157 Times in 2,532 Posts
    Groans
    85
    Groaned 1,166 Times in 1,063 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    .

    It is astonishing that Communism has been writing about itself in the most open way, in black and white, for 125 years, and even more openly, more candidly in the beginning. The [book:Communist Manifesto|30474, for instance, which everyone knows by name and which almost no one takes the trouble to read, contains even more terrible things than what has actually been done. It is perfectly amazing. The whole world can read, everyone is literate, yet somehow no one wants to understand. Humanity acts as if it does not understand what Communism is, as if it does not want to understand, is not capable of understanding.

    Communism has never concealed the fact that it rejects all absolute concepts of morality. It scoffs at any consideration of "good" and "evil" as indisputable categories. Communism considers morality to be relative, to be a class matter. Depending on circumstances and the political situation, any act, including murder, even the killing of hundreds of thousands, could be good or could be bad. It all depends on class ideology. And who defines this ideology? The whole class cannot get together to pass judgment. A handful of people determine what is good and what is bad. But I must say that in this respect Communism has been most successful. It has infected the whole world with the belief in the relativity of good and evil. Today, many people apart from the Communists are carried away by this idea.
    Thanks, but no thanks. Communism is practically non-existent in the West, so no need to worry about these things.
    I'm much more concerned with Fascism, since that actually has made a comeback in the West.

  5. The Following User Groans At StoneByStone For This Awful Post:

    Grajonca (02-26-2020)

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

    Nomad (02-26-2020)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    20,946
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 9,805 Times in 6,275 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,552 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    .

    It is astonishing that Communism has been writing about itself in the most open way, in black and white, for 125 years, and even more openly, more candidly in the beginning. The [book:Communist Manifesto|30474, for instance, which everyone knows by name and which almost no one takes the trouble to read, contains even more terrible things than what has actually been done. It is perfectly amazing. The whole world can read, everyone is literate, yet somehow no one wants to understand. Humanity acts as if it does not understand what Communism is, as if it does not want to understand, is not capable of understanding.

    Communism has never concealed the fact that it rejects all absolute concepts of morality. It scoffs at any consideration of "good" and "evil" as indisputable categories. Communism considers morality to be relative, to be a class matter. Depending on circumstances and the political situation, any act, including murder, even the killing of hundreds of thousands, could be good or could be bad. It all depends on class ideology. And who defines this ideology? The whole class cannot get together to pass judgment. A handful of people determine what is good and what is bad. But I must say that in this respect Communism has been most successful. It has infected the whole world with the belief in the relativity of good and evil. Today, many people apart from the Communists are carried away by this idea.
    That's nice, now the next time I see Commie I'll be ready, but I am not going to worry too much over that one, no one has seen a Commie since the last Century, maybe we should start looking out for those Bolsheviks

    Cold War thinking, little relevance today

  8. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

    Grajonca (02-26-2020)

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

    Nomad (02-26-2020)

  10. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    61,222
    Thanks
    7,136
    Thanked 8,807 Times in 6,154 Posts
    Groans
    5,800
    Groaned 1,531 Times in 1,443 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    The [book:Communist Manifesto|30474, for instance, which everyone knows by name and which almost no one takes the trouble to read, contains even more terrible things than what has actually been done.
    I've read it and I have no clue what he's talking about.

    Depending on circumstances and the political situation, any act, including murder, even the killing of hundreds of thousands, could be good or could be bad. It all depends on class ideology.
    Such as intentionally bombing Korean civilians in the war against the Korean people, or the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians in 1948, murdering a million communists in Indonesia under the orders of the CIA, or in modern times forcibly starving Venezualans to punish them for failing to act as a colony of the imperial power. How easily wet convince ourselves to do evil things.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

  11. The Following User Groans At FUCK THE POLICE For This Awful Post:

    Grajonca (02-26-2020)

  12. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    61,222
    Thanks
    7,136
    Thanked 8,807 Times in 6,154 Posts
    Groans
    5,800
    Groaned 1,531 Times in 1,443 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    That's nice, now the next time I see Commie I'll be ready, but I am not going to worry too much over that one, no one has seen a Commie since the last Century, maybe we should start looking out for those Bolsheviks

    Cold War thinking, little relevance today
    I am a communist and Marxist leninist.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

    Mason? (02-26-2020), TSgt (02-27-2020)

  14. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana USA
    Posts
    2,358
    Thanks
    5,919
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 909 Posts
    Groans
    1,897
    Groaned 114 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    .

    It is astonishing that Communism has been writing about itself in the most open way, in black and white, for 125 years, and even more openly, more candidly in the beginning. The [book:Communist Manifesto|30474, for instance, which everyone knows by name and which almost no one takes the trouble to read, contains even more terrible things than what has actually been done. It is perfectly amazing. The whole world can read, everyone is literate, yet somehow no one wants to understand. Humanity acts as if it does not understand what Communism is, as if it does not want to understand, is not capable of understanding.

    Communism has never concealed the fact that it rejects all absolute concepts of morality. It scoffs at any consideration of "good" and "evil" as indisputable categories. Communism considers morality to be relative, to be a class matter. Depending on circumstances and the political situation, any act, including murder, even the killing of hundreds of thousands, could be good or could be bad. It all depends on class ideology. And who defines this ideology? The whole class cannot get together to pass judgment. A handful of people determine what is good and what is bad. But I must say that in this respect Communism has been most successful. It has infected the whole world with the belief in the relativity of good and evil. Today, many people apart from the Communists are carried away by this idea.
    My mother was a fan of Solzhenitsyn, she got me interested in his literary work. I haven't read a whole lot by him. My mother pointed out the horrors he experienced in his book Cancer Ward. Extremely horrific, to say the least.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven VanderMolen For This Post:

    Grajonca (02-26-2020), Truth Detector (02-26-2020)

  16. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    28,451
    Thanks
    12,253
    Thanked 15,990 Times in 8,231 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 1,599 Times in 1,456 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn: A Warning to the West!
    Posters who don't know anything about Solzhenitsyn, about his literature, about his life, posters who never put more than ten nanoseconds of thought into him prior to this thread, have no standing to proclaim what this complex and complicated man knew, thought, and felt.

    Americans from Reagan to William Buckley assumed Solzhenitsyn was the perfect Cold War pawn, one who could be held out as an anti-communist and pro-western ally in the the asymmetric propaganda struggle of the cold war era.

    The fact is Solzhenitsyn was hostile to communism -- but he was equally hostile to capitalism. He was not a pro-western dupe.

    Solzhenitsyn thought capitalism was deeply immoral and ethically bankrupt,

    Solzhenitsyn thought the liberal democracies of the west were morally degenerate.

    Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was a Russian nationalist, a deeply religious theocrat, a spiritualist, and a Russian mystic. He was never a poster boy for capitalism, nor an ally or tool of propaganda for Trump boot-licking capitalists.



    Edit to add: It is curious that I just bumped one of my threads yesterday which prominently featured Solzhenitsyn. Are you seriously making an effort to lurk everything I do, and more importantly why don't you get your own ideas for interesting topics rather than pilfering ideas from me.
    Last edited by Cypress; 02-26-2020 at 02:07 PM.

  17. The Following User Groans At Cypress For This Awful Post:

    Grajonca (02-26-2020)

  18. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    17,115
    Thanks
    5,722
    Thanked 7,831 Times in 5,159 Posts
    Groans
    1,524
    Groaned 1,223 Times in 1,123 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steven VanderMolen View Post
    My mother was a fan of Solzhenitsyn, she got me interested in his literary work. I haven't read a whole lot by him. My mother pointed out the horrors he experienced in his book Cancer Ward. Extremely horrific, to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Posters who don't know anything about Solzhenitsyn, about his literature, about his life, posters who never put more than ten nanoseconds of thought into him prior to this thread, have no standing to proclaim what this complex and complicated man knew, thought, and felt.

    Americans from Reagan to William Buckley assumed Solzhenitsyn was the perfect Cold War pawn, one who could be held out as an anti-communist and pro-western ally in the the asymmetric propaganda struggle of the cold war era.

    The fact is Solzhenitsyn was hostile to communism -- but he was equally hostile to capitalism. He was not a pro-western dupe.

    Solzhenitsyn thought capitalism was deeply immoral and ethically bankrupt,

    Solzhenitsyn thought the liberal democracies of the west were morally degenerate.

    Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn was a Russian nationalist, a deeply religious theocrat, a spiritualist, and a Russian mystic. He was never a poster boy for capitalism, nor an ally or tool of propaganda for Trump boot-licking capitalists.
    I read this....



    It was quite good.

    And at around 150 pages +/- it's short enough for a casual read.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Da...van_Denisovich

    I recommend it for anyone who wants to sample Solzhenitsyn's work without committing to a thousand + page endeavor.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

    Cypress (02-26-2020), Steven VanderMolen (02-27-2020)

  20. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    1,885
    Thanks
    698
    Thanked 583 Times in 457 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Bro View Post
    Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn is a liar who fabricated nearly everything in his book. I wish he had gone through the gulag experience he described. Fucking capitalist ghoul. Death to America.
    Uh, as someone else mentioned, Solzhenitsyn was not a "capitalist ghoul." He was a critic of both the Soviet system and of much of the West.

  21. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    1,885
    Thanks
    698
    Thanked 583 Times in 457 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Bro View Post
    I am a communist and Marxist leninist.
    Do you enjoy killing people, waiting in lines, or just general oppression?

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woko Haram For This Post:

    Grajonca (02-26-2020), Truth Detector (02-26-2020)

  23. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    28,451
    Thanks
    12,253
    Thanked 15,990 Times in 8,231 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 1,599 Times in 1,456 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I read this....



    It was quite good.

    And at around 150 pages +/- it's short enough for a casual read.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Da...van_Denisovich

    I recommend it for anyone who wants to sample Solzhenitsyn's work without committing to a thousand + page endeavor.
    Me too. An iconic book.

    Gulag archipelago is a slog to read, it is a veritable tome of a book. But it is required reading anyone who claims be an knowledgeable about Soviet communism, the Great Terror, and the GULAG. That means rightwing message board dunces basically know nothing of substance about the Soviet Union. One really can't learn about the Soviet Union by listening to Limbaugh and watching Fox. The way to learn about the Soviet Union is to read the great Russian authors of the Soviet era, to read the dissidents, and to actually talk to people who lived it.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

    Nomad (02-26-2020)

  25. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    86,069
    Thanks
    100,220
    Thanked 19,215 Times in 16,128 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,904 Times in 2,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Bro View Post
    Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn is a liar who fabricated nearly everything in his book. I wish he had gone through the gulag experience he described. Fucking capitalist ghoul. Death to America.
    AsshatZombie: "The unknowns of freedom can often seem scary compared to the certainty of tyranny."

    Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē



  26. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    86,069
    Thanks
    100,220
    Thanked 19,215 Times in 16,128 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,904 Times in 2,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    Thanks, but no thanks. Communism is practically non-existent in the West, so no need to worry about these things.
    I'm much more concerned with Fascism, since that actually has made a comeback in the West.
    No it hasn't; only low IQ morons bloviate that shit.
    AsshatZombie: "The unknowns of freedom can often seem scary compared to the certainty of tyranny."

    Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē



  27. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    86,069
    Thanks
    100,220
    Thanked 19,215 Times in 16,128 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,904 Times in 2,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    That's nice, now the next time I see Commie I'll be ready, but I am not going to worry too much over that one, no one has seen a Commie since the last Century, maybe we should start looking out for those Bolsheviks

    Cold War thinking, little relevance today
    Ironic coming from leftist dunces who have been shouting Russia Russia for three fucking years. Priceless stupidity on your part.
    AsshatZombie: "The unknowns of freedom can often seem scary compared to the certainty of tyranny."

    Eric Holder: ďIím still enjoying what Iím doing, thereís still work to be done,Ē Iím still the Presidentís wing-man, so Iím there with my boy.Ē



  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

    anatta (02-29-2020), Grajonca (02-26-2020)

Similar Threads

  1. West Virginia Invites Virginia 2A Counties to Join West Virginia -!!!!!
    By Text Drivers are Killers in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2020, 07:56 PM
  2. Warning
    By DeMartMan in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2013, 03:12 PM
  3. WARNING
    By Phantasmal in forum Sports, Hobbies & Pictures
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 11:32 AM
  4. Warning to All Men!
    By Damocles in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 08:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •