Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Limbaugh: Democrats who set up George W. Bush to go to war with Iraq"

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,835 Times in 17,266 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Rush is the genius who said the Corona flu is actually the common cold. We could laugh at his stupidity but he has a medal. Rush should be ignored.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Taichiliberal (02-26-2020)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
    Ahh, but right wing broadcasting companies buy up small stations and then enforce Limbaugh on the daily play list.....then they proclaim Limbaugh is a ratings king.

Limbaugh has a DOCUMENTED HISTORY of lying, race baiting, sexist remarks and gross exaggerations/misrepresentations. Now given his professed success, I would like you to name any liberal broadcaster that matches him. Ill wait.

They even played dusty rusty over seas. My ex husband who was a marine use to tell me all they listened to day in and day out was dusty rusty.......no other radio stations existed.

Its why the military supports republican and supports racist. It's why kops are racist and supports republicans.
    I get our point.....but racists in the military and police departments existed LONG before right wing radio came about.

By the way, who's "dusty rusty"?
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post

But God has punished him....first with his hearing and now with lung cancer. I just wish God would act a little faster, but then all good things come to those who wait.
    Why did God punish Justice Ruth Ginsberg?
    Maybe to keep her grounded? Maybe the Devil waged war on her? Since she doesn't make a living pushing bigotry and lies, and has survived with her brain intact, I'd say the comparison is weak at best.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    I get our point.....but racists in the military and police departments existed LONG before right wing radio came about.

By the way, who's "dusty rusty"?
    I absolutely agree, I've been telling evince this for a while on this board.

dusty rusty is rush

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

Taichiliberal (02-27-2020)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Maybe to keep her grounded? Maybe the Devil waged war on her? Since she doesn't make a living pushing bigotry and lies, and has survived with her brain intact, I'd say the comparison is weak at best.
    Two public figures both dying of cancer. Sounds like a good comparison if you accept the ridiculous notion that God punishes anybody with cancer.

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Two public figures both dying of cancer. Sounds like a good comparison if you accept the ridiculous notion that God punishes anybody with cancer.
    Some do, some don't....I see it more as a euphemism at best....but stranger things have been known to happen.

George Orwell

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Some do, some don't....I see it more as a euphemism at best....but stranger things have been known to happen.
    A euphemism by those so full of hatred and intolerance for those of different political views they want to see them die.

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

A euphemism by those so full of hatred and intolerance for those of different political views they want to see them die.
    Yep, that pretty much describes the evangelical side of the neocon/teaparty/libertarian/alt-right folk.

George Orwell

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yep, that pretty much describes the evangelical side of the neocon/teaparty/libertarian/alt-right folk.
    That pretty much describes both sides as illustrated by the posters who want Limbaugh and Ginsberg to hurry up and die.

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

That pretty much describes both sides as illustrated by the posters who want Limbaugh and Ginsberg to hurry up and die.
    If one had no vested interest in American politics but just read this board I think they would say there are a fair number of people on here who wish ill and death upon others and that it transcends one's political 'side'.

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    If one had no vested interest in American politics but just read this board I think they would say there are a fair number of people on here who wish ill and death upon others and that it transcends one's political 'side'.
    I know. Sometimes I find myself wishing (at different times) both sides would win the presidential election just to piss off some on here who are so sure their side will win and the other is evil.

Then I am ashamed at how petty I am being. It also illustrates politics today--negative partisanship. We are more about hating the other side than liking our party.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

cawacko (02-27-2020)

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Posters don't reflect the majority, unlike what Fox Noise and Limbaugh would have us believe. If you can show me a progressive or liberal or democratic group that spews the flip side of the garbage you see and hear on Fox News or Clear Channel or from the neocons or tea partiers in the last 20 years, I'm all ears.

George Orwell

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Posters don't reflect the majority, unlike what Fox Noise and Limbaugh would have us believe. If you can show me a progressive or liberal or democratic group that spews the flip side of the garbage you see and hear on Fox News or Clear Channel or from the neocons or tea partiers in the last 20 years, I'm all ears.
    Nobody suggested posters reflect the majority nor do the media outlets that spew hate, but they still have audiences of millions. And while posters do not represent the majority, you can hear their views represented by many common citizens. Go to the morning coffee shops where (usually retired) people gather and you can hear all these same views (without all the insults and name calling that cowards can shout since they are anonymous).

Progressive Radio and Urban Radio on SiriusXM. MSNBC and CNN are the flip side of Fox and Limbaugh.

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Nobody suggested posters reflect the majority nor do the media outlets that spew hate, but they still have audiences of millions. And while posters do not represent the majority, you can hear their views represented by many common citizens. Go to the morning coffee shops where (usually retired) people gather and you can hear all these same views (without all the insults and name calling that cowards can shout since they are anonymous).

Progressive Radio and Urban Radio on SiriusXM. MSNBC and CNN are the flip side of Fox and Limbaugh.

Ahh, but all one has to do is watch/listen/read what the Murdoch media is putting out to see that is EXACTLY what they are suggesting with regards to the minority of left wing radicals spewing hate. There is an "audience of millions" for anyone who can broadcast on the net or cable or commercial TV. The rest of your screed is pure supposition and conjecture...unlike Fox News which boasts and brags of it's legion of followers via it's ratings and circulation. Again, you can show me a progressive or liberal or democratic group that spews the flip side of the garbage you see and hear on Fox News or Clear Channel or from the neocons or tea partiers in the last 20 years, I'm all ears. That means DOCMENTATION, NOT SPECULATION.

George Orwell

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,346 Times in 8,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,704 Times in 2,509 Posts

Ginsburg is currently cancer free. She has defeated cancer three times. She may well die from cancer one day, but there is no reason to currently believe she will die from cancer. With the number of tests she is going through, we can be sure she is not currently dying from cancer.

Limbaugh is dying from cancer. We wish him all the luck in his treatment, but (according to him) the prognosis is not good. He does lie a lot, so it is hard to know the truth about how bad it really is. Working in his favor is he has a lot of money for treatment. Working against him is he is a drug addict with an inability to think straight.