Thread: Hispanic voters can save the American dream

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,814 Times in 14,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Hispanic voters can save the American dream

But I have news for you, Mr. president: No matter how hard you try, you can't kill the American dream. Hispanic immigrants and their American-born children are now stronger, prouder and more powerful than they've ever been. According to Power of the Purse: The Contributions of Hispanic Americans, a new report from New American Economy (NAE), Hispanic Americans are a swiftly growing and vocal segment of the electorate.

Nationwide, more than 28.8 million Hispanic Americans are eligible to vote this year, up seven million from 2010, and they are registering to vote in record numbers. In Nevada, where Democrats caucus today, as well as in crucial swing states such as Florida, Arizona and Colorado, Hispanic registrations are outpacing those of other groups - and since more than four-fifths of Hispanic registered voters reliably turn out to vote, those new registrations could help swing close-run elections in battleground states.

Hispanic Americans are proud of our success. But we're also angry as hell about the way our contributions have been dismissed by a president all too eager to label us rapists and criminals. That's why we're determined to live our American dream not just by working hard and prospering, but also by using our voices and our votes to keep the dream accessible to anyone, immigrant or citizen, with the energy and imagination to strive for it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...am/ar-BB10haLh

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The numbers don't lie, but I've come to realize that the American dream is about much more than the pursuit of economic success. It's about standing up for the values of this great nation and taking part in the democratic process. Hispanic Americans, whether recently naturalized or here for generations, must vote. Like my parents before me, I often tell my children to work hard. But I also remind them that as Americans, we have a duty to our country, too. For many Hispanic Americans, the 2016 election was a wakeup call, and the excesses of the Trump administration have left us determined to have a say in how our country is run.
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hispanic American voters are a sleeping giant, and thanks to our concentration in battleground states, we can tip the political balance. We make up 12.5 percent of eligible voters nationwide, but almost 43 percent of eligible voters in New Mexico, around 30 percent of eligible voters in California and Texas, almost one in four eligible voters in Arizona and one in five eligible voters in Nevada, according to the NAE.

Hispanic Americans know better than anyone that the American dream isn't just a story about individual people pulling themselves up by their bootstraps. It's also a dream about shared opportunity, and a country where those who succeed have the generosity of spirit to help others

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Sanders wins Nevada Democratic caucuses with wave of young and Latino voters

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...-iowa-n1140896

— Golda Meir

ברוך השם

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Sanders wins Nevada Democratic caucuses with wave of young and Latino voters

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...-iowa-n1140896
    Wetbacks looking for handouts.

I thought the American dream was earning your way. Clearly, these Spics believe it's voting your way to something.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

All the Hispanics I know are conservatives

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Loving91390 For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (02-23-2020)

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    All the Hispanics I know are conservatives
    And they are saving the American dream !
    MAGA
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.