Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: DON JR 1 of 3 hunters out of THOUSANDS to apply WINs permit to shoot GRIZZLIES in Ak

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Hunts like these are conducted and controlled by the US Forest Service whose fees are used to pay for services and to control the bear habitat to promote healthy bear habitat. I am hardly surprised most leftists are too stupid and uneducated to know this.
    And they don't allow the Hunter to just leave the carcass where it was skinned.

If the Hunter doesn't want the meat or all of it, then it gets donated.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-24-2020)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    And they don't allow the Hunter to just leave the carcass where it was skinned.

If the Hunter doesn't want the meat or all of it, then it gets donated.
    We can't expect fools who believe Marxist dogma to comprehend such facts.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    We can't expect fools who believe Marxist dogma to comprehend such facts.
    But-but-but, it's all about the "FEELS".

<Sarcasm off>

5. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

6. #109 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,618 Times in 17,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Okay.

Here is an essay I wrote several years back that states my position on "huinting." I'll listen to yours if you listen to mine.

Another hunting season is upon us in New Jersey and those of us not especially enamored of that activity are being treated to the annual parade of deer carcasses tied to the fenders and roofs of cars driven by guys with chests puffed out and wide grins of pride distorting their faces.

To be fair to them, though, no matter how much we dislike their “sport,” if the facts put forth in defense of “hunting” are even half true, the “hunters” are providing a much needed service to the deer population—although I doubt you’d get many deer to agree.

From what I’ve read, extensive thinning of the herd apparently is something which should be done regularly, and since the careless automobile drivers of the state are simply not up to the job (they do try, though, don’t they!) why not let “hunters” do the slaughter? The get such a kick out of it.

And continuing in the spirit of fairness, I’d like to acknowledge the following items which seem to matter so much to “hunters”:

First, someone did indeed kill the animal that furnished my meatloaf dinner last night, just as someone did kill the animal whose hide was used for the shoes I am wearing.

Secondly, I agree that guns do not kill people—people kill people.

And thirdly, there is no way to impact significantly on the problem of people killing other people by enacting gun control laws. In my opinion, there is not on piece of such legislation that truly is worthwhile.

Now with that out of the way, and notwithstanding any of it, on to my main theme.

A friend of mine recently asked my opinion of a deer head hanging on one of his walls. He had killed the animal, had its head stuffed and mounted, and now has it displayed over the stairway leading down to the family room. “I know you hate this kind of thing,” he offered, “but isn’t it a beautiful trophy? A ten-point buck! Just look at that head.”

And he was right, of course; it was a beautiful head. Deer are very beautiful creatures! I told my friend so—and gave him the benefit of the rest of my reaction to the sight, which was that while I respected his right to “hunt”, my feelings were that if I ever killed such a magnificent animal, even if accidentally, I would do everything in my power to prevent anybody else from ever finding out about it.

I told him that I had trouble understanding why he wanted to advertise the fact that he had done so, especially to people he knows, and that I couldn’t see why he was so prideful about it. Killing the animal was not act of great courage, nor even of much skill—and as I saw it, spoke of a disposition and conscience beneath the dignity of civilized humans in general and of my friend in particular.

Now don’t get me wrong; Frankie’s a great guy; and old and trusted ally. Besides sharing first names, we are of like mind on a long list of other subjects. But he likes to “hunt” while I decidedly do not. He took my criticism with equanimity—although he did call me a puny, worthless, golf-playing sissy, as I remember it.

But be that as it may, my antagonism toward “hunters” is considerable and is not faked. It is especially strong when I am required to use words like “hunter” and “hunting,” which accounts for the quotation marks I’ve used around those words up to this point in my essay.

As far as I am concerned, the honorific hunter is a noble one. Hunters were, after all, the people who initially led our species down out of the trees; the providers/protectors who enabled us to move on to our present stage of evolution. The appellation properly and proudly applies to Stone Age beings going after very dangerous prey with rudimentary armament—relying primarily on superior intelligence and tactics to make safe kills.

The tradition carries down with honor to the to the pygmies of Africa who hunted elephant for food with spears; native Americans who risked life and limb amid herds of bison using bows and arrows; and to Eskimo men who dared battle whales from kayaks using hand-thrown harpoons.

But a guy who sits in a blind in the woods waiting for an unsuspecting deer to walk by so he can shoot it with a shotgun has precious little in common with those brave souls. To appropriate for themselves the title “hunter” and to call the act of shooting the fearsome American White-tail from ambush “hunting” is laughable—to refer to themselves as “sportsmen,” an instance of unmitigated gall.

Psychologists tell us that hunters often have personal deficiencies for which they are trying subconsciously to compensate with their “hunting.” But their need for compensation aside, they should have the decency not to bore the rest of us with their delusions that this activity makes them some sort of he-men. In fact, it shows them to be cold-blooded, calculating killers and nothing more. And out of respect for the honorable hunters who have gone before, they should really use some other term to describe their activity.

Finally, I’d advise all of you who “hunt” to see a surgeon about transplanting new taste buds into your mouths, because venison tastes like manure smells. No doctoring up will ever change that—and I am sick and tired of hearing about recipes that make it taste like pork.

In fact, I wonder if one of the requirements for a deer-hunting license shouldn’t be to have the applicant publicly eat a full meal of the stuff without throwing up.

We’d probably end up with a lot fewer so-called hunters.
    I'll make this shorter than yours.. My father was a very successful hunter and outdoorsman and he taught me. Except for groundhogs, we ate everything we shot. I have many good father-son memories hunting with my father. Another thing he taught me was respect for what we took from nature. As successful as I was hunting deer, I never shot one I thought was worthy of exhibition. My father and I spent countless days in the fields and woods, not always hunting, but for walks, just to admire nature and her wildlife habitats and learn their ways. My father enjoyed it. I enjoy it.

As for venison, a good cook can make you an elk steak and you'll think it was the best beef steak you've ever had if you didn't know it. Deer is good too, but I prefer it made into bologna and some burger.

Ya know Frank, I hate golf. I think it's a stupid game. You use an out-of-balance lightning rod with a lead ingot on the end to hit this little cratered ball all over a shaved yard with holes filled with sand and who knows what else and then chase it around in an under-powered go-cart with a lift kit. Should I condemn everyone who does it? I'd be like you if I did. I'm not like you, Frank. Play golf, if you enjoy it.
    But because you don't like it, it doesn't mean others don't. It's not for you to decide, especially since your ancestors lived on wild game too.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

8. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,837 Times in 17,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I'll make this shorter than yours.. My father was a very successful hunter and outdoorsman and he taught me. Except for groundhogs, we ate everything we shot. I have many good father-son memories hunting with my father. Another thing he taught me was respect for what we took from nature. As successful as I was hunting deer, I never shot one I thought was worthy of exhibition. My father and I spent countless days in the fields and woods, not always hunting, but for walks, just to admire nature and her wildlife habitats and learn their ways. My father enjoyed it. I enjoy it.

As for venison, a good cook can make you an elk steak and you'll think it was the best beef steak you've ever had if you didn't know it. Deer is good too, but I prefer it made into bologna and some burger.

Ya know Frank, I hate golf. I think it's a stupid game. You use an out-of-balance lightning rod with a lead ingot on the end to hit this little cratered ball all over a shaved yard with holes filled with sand and who knows what else and then chase it around in an under-powered go-cart with a lift kit. Should I condemn everyone who does it? I'd be like you if I did. I'm not like you, Frank. Play golf, if you enjoy it.
    But because you don't like it, it doesn't mean others don't. It's not for you to decide, especially since your ancestors lived on wild game too.
    Golf does not require blood lust and killing of sentient animals.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Frank Apisa (02-24-2020)

10. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Who in the fuck does Francis know, that shoots deer with a shotgun??

11. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

12. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

13. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

14. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Golf does not require blood lust and killing of sentient animals.
    So? Who cares what you think? Golf is gay.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

16. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Who in the fuck does Francis know, that shoots deer with a shotgun??
    I know some who do, they have slug barrels for their shotguns. I prefer the .30 cal. centerfire rifle, myself.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-24-2020), USFREEDOM911 (02-24-2020)

18. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,253 Times in 7,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

I didn't say I don't like it, RB.

My essay was a comment about people who call themselves "hunters"...who's primary aim is to gain a trophy...a head with antlers on it.

Someone had to kill the animal that furnished the beef I will eat tonight. I recognize that. But I doubt the person who kills the animal...will cut off its head, get it stuffed, and hang it on his/her wall.

That was the point I was making.

Enjoyed your story about you and your father. All my father did for me was to tell me how to sit on a stool at a bar. You were lucky. If hard-times ever come, I will be eating pasta...but no meat.

I was lucky, too, in a way. I've never fallen off a bar stool in my life.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

19. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

"When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

20. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,253 Times in 7,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

I know some who do, they have slug barrels for their shotguns. I prefer the .30 cal. centerfire rifle, myself.
    Almost all hunting for deer in New Jersey is done with a shotgun. Rifles used to be taboo...although one can now use one. I think one needs a special permit for rifle use.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

21. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I didn't say I don't like it, RB.

My essay was a comment about people who call themselves "hunters"...who's primary aim is to gain a trophy...a head with antlers on it.

Someone had to kill the animal that furnished the beef I will eat tonight. I recognize that. But I doubt the person who kills the animal...will cut off its head, get it stuffed, and hang it on his/her wall.

That was the point I was making.

Enjoyed your story about you and your father. All my father did for me was to tell me how to sit on a stool at a bar. You were lucky. If hard-times ever come, I will be eating pasta...but no meat.

I was lucky, too, in a way. I've never fallen off a bar stool in my life.
    Getting a trophy is every hunter's goal, kinda like you striving for a hole in one. Sure, I'd like to shoot a mature buck with a 14 point perfect rack, but it isn't a necessity. I don't hunt preserves where the deer are well fed and bated while the hunter is sitting in a heated tree house waiting for them to come and feed. I scout public hunting land and a private farm for trails in the fall. Sometimes I'd sit on a downed tree and wait, other times I'd find fresh tracks and stalk one. Oh, BTW, I am not a fan of those "professional" hunters. I'd bet none of them could track a deer, much less take one while stalking it.
    I was a "meat hunter," but not greedy. I often had 2 or 3 tags, but rarely used all of them. I was satisfied with taking one, unless I was on my way out of the woods and could get a clean shot on a second one. Mostly, once I was out of the woods with one, I was done for the season.

My father didn't spend much time on a bar stool, although he and an old fishing buddie used to take a case of Colt 45 along fishing with them on occasion when I was a kid.
    I will admit I have fallen off a bar stool, but never fell asleep at a bar.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (02-25-2020)

23. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

24. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

I stand CORRECTED!!

Now, why? How much will it cost TAXPAYERS? He like his father doesn't give a shit. Will it make him a bigger better man? Will his dick get longer? It is a STUNT.

Note. His passion from hunting came from family 'trauma'. Ivana sent the 2 BOYS over to her country to be with HER father during summers after the divorce. He taught them how to hunt.

Sadly, JR. got all too many character deficiencies from his father. Entitlement, indifference and sticking OTHERS WITH THE BILL. Lying is a given.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same