Thread: On 'Pro-Life' Conservatives

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,526 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Leftist View Post
    Republican leaders? I acknowledged the perceived popular support but it clearly doesn't reflect in the administration. If we care about more than just babies, perhaps teenagers and young adults too - Betsy Devos does not reflect a good care about older children as well. Unless you believe charter schools are the best form of education.

What? It's never "their" money being spent - it's tax money spent on projects. They do pay taxes just like everyone else. Bernie Sanders would be raising taxes on himself.
    You notice I didn't say a word about the administration. It is us rank and file conservatives that worry about children born or unborn. The rich Bernie included have enough loop holes and tax breaks that the cost falls on us middle class smucks.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,528 Times in 52,745 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by M. V. Mason View Post
    In the womb,Republican fascist claim to care,once the kids of less fortunate or poor parents are born.
    They just as soon put kids in their concentration cages!
    Reichwingers need more poor children born to be cannon fodder for their unceasing wars. Wealthier kids have no need to sign up.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Casual Leftist (02-24-2020)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    You notice I didn't say a word about the administration. It is us rank and file conservatives that worry about children born or unborn.
    Granted. But it's the rank and file who vote for the leadership.

The rich Bernie included have enough loop holes and tax breaks that the cost falls on us middle class smucks.
    Sure, even moderate wealthy people can higher an accountant to file their taxes to find the loop holes. From what I can tell Bernie's worth roughly $2-3 million in assets. We're talking about billionaires. 1 billion is 1 thousand millions.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Leftist View Post
    No, you're just absolving yourself of social responsibility while saying you care. What if the parent can't pay for it? The kid goes hungry and all you can say is 'not my responsibility'.
    I don't have a social responsibility to someone else's kid. The parent(s) have a personal responsibility to their own kids.

NOT MY PROBLEM of they can't pay for it.

The kid's own parent(s) don't care enough about the kid to feed him/her and you think it becomes someone's responsibility that didn't produce the kid. What I'm saying is it's THEIR responsibility.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Reichwingers need more poor children born to be cannon fodder for their unceasing wars. Wealthier kids have no need to sign up.
    Apparently you left wingers need more poor kids so you can support someone else feeding them then claiming credit for it.

Prove my control over you.