Thread: On 'Pro-Life' Conservatives

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,845 Times in 14,185 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default On 'Pro-Life' Conservatives

“If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-22-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 17 Posts

It's sad but true. So often I hear "well it's the parents fault" - "why should I have to pay for other peoples kids?" as if other people have the same life options as they did.

They don't care about children that aren't their own.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Casual Leftist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-22-2020), ThatOwlWoman (02-22-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Leftist View Post
    It's sad but true. So often I hear "well it's the parents fault" - "why should I have to pay for other peoples kids?" as if other people have the same life options as they did.

In the womb,Republican fascist claim to care,once the kids of less fortunate or poor parents are born.
    They just as soon put kids in their concentration cages!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-22-2020), ThatOwlWoman (02-23-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Are you saying it's the fault of those that aren't the kid's parent(s)?

Are you saying those of us that aren't a kid's parent(s) have more of a responsibility to that kid than their parent(s)?

It's clear that the parent(s) don't care about the children that ARE their own.

Hate to break it to you but if a parent indicates their kid isn't a good enough investment for them to do for their own, they can't convince me that it's a good investment for me.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by M. V. Mason View Post
    In the womb,Republican fascist claim to care,once the kids of less fortunate or poor parents are born.
    They just as soon put kids in their concentration cages!
    If the kid comes out of the womb, it's the result of a choice someone else made. That means the someone else that made the choice pays the cost.

You don't won't me having a choice in it, don't demand I help support the one you made.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Hate to break it to you but if a parent indicates their kid isn't a good enough investment for them to do for their own, they can't convince me that it's a good investment for me.
    Your argument boils down to a child should be punished for having terrible parents. Sorry timmy, if you want a school lunch you get a job like the rest of us.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Casual Leftist For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-23-2020)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Your argument boils down to a child should be punished for having terrible parents. Sorry timmy, if you want a school lunch you get a job like the rest of us.
    Not at all. My argument is exactly what I said. It's not about punishment, it's about those having a responsibility for THEIR kids doing what they should be doing. No one is expecting Timmy to pay for it, just his parent(s).

Your defense of what you support centers around the mindset that those of us that aren't the kid's parent(s) have more of a responsibility for him/her than the parent(s).

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Many of them don't even care about their own. That's why they don't want gun control and environmental regulations.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Not at all. My argument is exactly what I said. It's not about punishment, it's about those having a responsibility for THEIR kids doing what they should be doing. No one is expecting Timmy to pay for it, just his parent(s).

Your defense of what you support centers around the mindset that those of us that aren't the kid's parent(s) have more of a responsibility for him/her than the parent(s).
    No, you're just absolving yourself of social responsibility while saying you care. What if the parent can't pay for it? The kid goes hungry and all you can say is 'not my responsibility'.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Social responsibility for the whole, CFM, is Americanism and you will do your bit.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,628 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

That liberal BS has been debunked so many time it's laughable.
    Republicans, independents and Democrats all support proposals that will help more families access high-quality early learning and care opportunities:2018_national_poll.jpg
    https://www.ffyf.org/democratic-and-...re-nationally/
    https://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/Re...+_Children.htm

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    That liberal BS has been debunked so many time it's laughable.
    Well then I guess CMT is just a pile of liberal BS because he's making the exact argument I criticize.

Even your own chart shows a 15-30% lead on caring about education funding for children. Also, those kinds of polls while inciteful don't tell us the reality that GOP leadership has different priorities from their voters. The GOP leadership is the one doing the cuttings.

And I've never seen a Dem try to cut spending for children healthcare or food access.

2012 they tried cutting off a quarter million kid for lunches https://thinkprogress.org/house-gop-...-da38535f5bbd/
    Devos wants to cut after school programs https://fortune.com/2019/04/03/devos...hool-programs/
    Cutting special needs funding https://www.healthcarefinancenews.co...-special-needs

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,628 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well then I guess CMT is just a pile of liberal BS because he's making the exact argument I criticize.

Even your own chart shows a 15-30% lead on caring about education funding for children. Also, those kinds of polls while inciteful don't tell us the reality that GOP leadership has different priorities from their voters. The GOP leadership is the one doing the cuttings.

And I've never seen a Dem try to cut spending for children healthcare or food access.

2012 they tried cutting off a quarter million kid for lunches https://thinkprogress.org/house-gop-...-da38535f5bbd/
    Devos wants to cut after school programs https://fortune.com/2019/04/03/devos...hool-programs/
    Cutting special needs funding https://www.healthcarefinancenews.co...-special-needs
    The chart shows that over 50% of Republicans support children's programs. But nice try. If you lefties had only two choices increase welfare or protect the US you would choose welfare.

A Dem. would never cut any welfare or giveaway program unless it was their money being spent.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The chart shows that over 50% of Republicans support children's programs. But nice try. If you lefties had only two choices increase welfare or protect the US you would choose welfare.
    Republican leaders? I acknowledged the perceived popular support but it clearly doesn't reflect in the administration. If we care about more than just babies, perhaps teenagers and young adults too - Betsy Devos does not reflect a good care about older children as well. Unless you believe charter schools are the best form of education.

A Dem. would never cut any welfare or giveaway program unless it was their money being spent.
    What? It's never "their" money being spent - it's tax money spent on projects. They do pay taxes just like everyone else. Bernie Sanders would be raising taxes on himself.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

We have enough nukes to end civilization,and the most modern military in the world!
    But you just admitted that even more is more important than American kids,welfare!
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate