Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Trump targets Social Security again.

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    So far haven't seen you hollering at anyone who needs hollered at....but I'll keep watching
    Translation: You're not yelling at the ppl I don't like.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Frank Apisa (02-23-2020), jimmymccready (02-23-2020), Mason Michaels (02-23-2020)

3. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,245 Times in 7,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

So far haven't seen you hollering at anyone who needs hollered at....but I'll keep watching
    Actually, you have. But you are being willfully blind.

Anyway...keep pretending you will "keep watching."
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-23-2020), jimmymccready (02-23-2020), ThatOwlWoman (02-23-2020)

5. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,628 Times in 11,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    That seems to be the very basis of modern conservatism, doesn't it? I've been on my own since age 19 too yet somehow managed to escape that selfish-and-greedy mindset... why is that? How did you escape it? What creates a person who is resentful and angry because his neighbor needs help from our social welfare programs? Why does he/she see someone with an EBT card as an outrage, but wasting millions on military ordnance doesn't bother him/her at all?
    The above is an over simplification. Not one conservative I know resents people who must use an EBT card. In fact that is one tenet of conservativism (help those who need help and a helping hand to climb the ladder of success.). The problem comes from those who learn to cheat the system and stay on the public dole.
    United States[edit]

Seal of the Social Security Administration Office of Inspector General, which investigates welfare fraud
    Welfare fraud is widespread, but in most cases it is committed by people who are struggling financially. In a 1997 study, 30 of 34 interviewed welfare recipients admitted fraud.[4] A 1988 study of 50 Chicago women on welfare found that 80% worked either full-time or part-time, but none of them reported their income to the welfare office.[39] Surveys conducted during the 1970s in Seattle and Denver showed that 50% of recipients admitted to "cheating" in order to get by financially.[40] In an interview with the Chicago Tribune, an ex-fraud investigator for IDPA estimated that 25 to 50% of welfare recipients had committed some degree of fraud.[41] A study of 450 welfare recipients in Orange County, California, found that 45% of them had committed fraud.[42] Between 1970 and 1979, there was a 729% increase in the number of fraud cases initiated nationwide.[43]
    In 2016, the Office of Investigations for the Social Security Administration received 143,385 allegations and opened 8,048 cases. Of those cases, about 1,162 persons were convicted for crime. Recoveries amounted to $52,6 million, fines to $4,5 million, settlements/judgements to $1,7 million and restitution to $70 million. The estimated savings were $355,7 million.[44]
    According to estimates by auditors of the SSA, fraud against the various SSA benefits programs may account for as much as ten percent of all costs to the Social Security Trust Funds. According to John K. Webb, Special Assistant United States Attorney Central District of California, the statistics suggest an alarming increase in fraudulent claims to retirement benefits that threaten the integrity of the Social Security Trust Funds and block access by needy applicants with legitimate claims for benefits.[4
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_fraud

So conservatives as well as liberals should be concerned. We all know you will never stamp out fraud but with proactive programs we can hopefully keep it at a minimum.

I have relatives on Wellfare programs so I am sensitive to the need for such programs. But that doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye to fraud.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

TOP (02-24-2020)

7. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You claimed I had a hand up. Prove it.
    It's the one you have stuck up in the air.
    Russian trolls and their supporters go on Ignore, automatically: no second chance.

8. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,661 Times in 16,589 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Actually, you have. But you are being willfully blind.

Anyway...keep pretending you will "keep watching."
    No, I've haven't seen you hollering at anyone who needs hollered at (and there are those on both sides that do need it..)
    I will be watching...no pretending necessary....it never is....

9. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Very little difference. A fascist is a fascist is a fascist. YOU are a fascist.
    Nothing dumber then a hillbilly country boy
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-23-2020)

11. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 9,300 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

How many these days are out earning their own way...13...17...22....35....?
    That is the group with the issues that need to be addressed...not those who have worked hard...
    Holler at the ones who need hollering at....
    Eat shit
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

13. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Obviously your lame attempt at pretending to be knowledgeable, is your way of dodging. Can you show that Trump's proposal for SS is anything other than a reduction in the rate of increase? Of course you can't.
    A tRump worshipper calling some a "dodger" is hilarious. Did you even graduate high school? Most rabid tRump culties have limited formal education so I thought that I might ask.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

15. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by M. V. Mason View Post
    Nothing dumber then a hillbilly country boy
    Except for Mason.
    Every life matters

16. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    A tRump worshipper calling some a "dodger" is hilarious. Did you even graduate high school? Most rabid tRump culties have limited formal education so I thought that I might ask.
    Thanks for the confirmation that you are trying to misinform. A reduction in the rate of increase, is still an increase. All you have are silly sophomoric responses, because you cannot refute this. Thanks for playing.
    Every life matters

17. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Strictly speaking he is not.
    Its the unfunded disability coverage that causes SS to get insolvant.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

18. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle-Eye View Post
    The above is an over simplification. Not one conservative I know resents people who must use an EBT card. In fact that is one tenet of conservativism (help those who need help and a helping hand to climb the ladder of success.). The problem comes from those who learn to cheat the system and stay on the public dole. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_fraud

So conservatives as well as liberals should be concerned. We all know you will never stamp out fraud but with proactive programs we can hopefully keep it at a minimum.

I have relatives on Wellfare programs so I am sensitive to the need for such programs. But that doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye to fraud.
    We do not turn a blind eye to fraud, which (compared to all the millions served over the decades) is pretty rare. You may not know any "conservatives" in real life who bitch and moan about "those lazy slackers on welfare," but there are plenty of them just here on JPP -- and thousands and thousands more IRL. We even have a relative who was on EBT, "welfare" (monthly cash payments for their two kids), and unemployment who STILL bitched bitterly once his unemployment ran out and he had to get a job -- about how his taxes were going to pay ppl to sit on their asses and not work. "You mean, like you and your able-bodied wife did for almost a year?" I had to ask. (They no longer speak to us and good riddance, lol). Just like there are employers who hire illegals and pay them under the table, there are public aid recipients who find similar deals. But if you work at a regular job, even PT, they WILL find out about it.

Way back when BJ Bill was POTUS the public welfare rules were changed. It is far more difficult to qualify now, and only in very rare cases is anyone allowed to continue to collect benefits after two years.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

19. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, I've haven't seen you hollering at anyone who needs hollered at (and there are those on both sides that do need it..)
    I will be watching...no pretending necessary....it never is....
    Confession is good for the soul, even creepy stalker souls like yours.

20. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,661 Times in 16,589 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Stories for Every Occasion

21. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Stories for Every Occasion
    I know, dear creepster. Too bad no one believes you.