Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Private payrolls soar in January, the best monthly gain in nearly 5 yr. 291,000!!!

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL it's such fun watching liberals try to talk down the economic condition that exist right now. It's like they think people can't see it for themselves.
    Monday, I start the biggest project I've ever contracted. To say I like the Trump economy would be a gross understatement. It's the best economy I've ever seen.
    Good luck, liberals.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,527 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by M. V. Mason View Post
    The White Knight appears to defend the perpetual victim!Fuck off bitch!
    My my aren't we touchy today. Does your sexual perversions embarrass you?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Grokmaster (02-22-2020)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    LOL it's such fun watching liberals try to talk down the economic condition that exist right now. It's like they think people can't see it for themselves.
    Monday, I start the biggest project I've ever contracted. To say I like the Trump economy would be a gross understatement. It's the best economy I've ever seen.
    Good luck, liberals.
    It's an affliction not limited to one party. I saw conservatives do the same to both the Clinton & Obama economies.

Clinton's was the best I've seen, by a mile. The nineties were incredible.

But the current economy does rock. No denying it, nor should anyone. It's the best thing Trump has going for him (it's weird to me that he doesn't focus on it more - he does talk about it, but not like he should be).

In general, Presidents probably get too much blame/credit for that - economic cycles can be lengthy, and we are in a world economy. But no one should try to tear it down when things are good.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-23-2020)

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Dukkie is a foul Gold Toilet Boy Cultist, that is all
    ROFL..
    translation: "as usual dukkha shoots down my BS claims"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Grokmaster (02-22-2020)

8. #65 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,517 Times in 16,979 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Good luck, liberals.
    Liberals will do everything in their power to crash this economy.
    The only thing that will crash this economy is if a Dem gets elected president.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    It's an affliction not limited to one party. I saw conservatives do the same to both the Clinton & Obama economies.

But the current economy does rock. No denying it, nor should anyone. It's the best thing Trump has going for him (it's weird to me that he doesn't focus on it more - he does talk about it, but not like he should be).

In general, Presidents probably get too much blame/credit for that - economic cycles can be lengthy, and we are in a world economy. But no one should try to tear it down when things are good.
    difference is the Clinton economy was overheated with speculation ( housing crisis etc)

Trump's is solid. Labor force participation back to those highs, but it's not built on a bubble
    Best economy I've seen as well, and i go back to working under Reagan

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    they will stagnate it with regulations and taxes

11. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

There are many very successful small businesses that opt to pay their workers higher wages, and small businesses can get exemptions. It’s an age old debate, but overall it benefits the economy.

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    How fucking stupid are you? Obama created this economy. It continues on the same trajectory as Obama left for daffy. Trump took a year and a half to get a tax bill for the wealthy in place. Economists say it had zero impact on the economy but cranked up the debt and the wealth gap. You like that. Mulvaney yesterday admitted the Repubs do not care about the debt. It is just when Dems are in office that they talk about it. The Dems have no power to crash the economy. Quit crying.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-23-2020)

14. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think I'm just in a really high growth area so my perception is skewed. I was in Connecticut for the Clinton years. I subbed work back then and finally bought my first set of equipment and started my own company. It was good times for sure, but for me, right now is the best it's ever been. I'm charging enough to make about $100/hr and I have more calls for work than I can handle. I'm looking forward to this year

15. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

I think I'm just in a really high growth area so my perception is skewed. I was in Connecticut for the Clinton years. I subbed work back then and finally bought my first set of equipment and started my own company. It was good times for sure, but for me, right now is the best it's ever been. I'm charging enough to make about $100/hr and I have more calls for work than I can handle. I'm looking forward to this year
    Makes sense. Really, the 90's were all about the internet boom, and Clinton benefitted greatly from that (probably could have happened to anyone).

For me personally, these are the best of times. Hard to reconcile given my feelings about Trump in general, but I refuse to try to talk myself into thinking that it's some sort of illusion or not really that great. I sort of tell myself it's more of a silver lining to all of the other stuff I can't stand.

And congrats - very cool that your business is going so well.
    Last edited by Cancel 2020.1; 02-22-2020 at 01:18 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2020.1 For This Post:

dukkha (02-22-2020)

17. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,527 Times in 11,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

There are many very successful small businesses that opt to pay their workers higher wages, and small businesses can get exemptions. It’s an age old debate, but overall it benefits the economy.
    You sound like your mentor Nancy Poo Poo when she said
    Unemployment Benefits Biggest Stimulus for Economy

18. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,616 Times in 10,680 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

With less taxation the 90's would have been even better....it was the PC and TELECOM BOOM....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

19. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Good luck, liberals.
    = Why I went for popcorn after posting the OP.

Congrats on your upcoming project....

Live Well and Prosper!!!
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

20. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thank the Democrats and the rise in the minimum wage for payroll increases.
    WRONG. THE WAGE INCREASES ENCOMPASS FAR MORE THAN MINIMUM WAGE JOBS.

De Oppresso Liber