1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Would you say the same think about CFM?
    This may come as a shock to you, but many blacks in America HATE White People ... because of slavery.
    Guno (along with TTQ) bring this fact to light on every post.
    As many Americans try to heal the wound, people like Guno (and CFM) keep the wound open. They don't want the Racial Hatred to end, they LOVE Racial Hatred.
    Well, I think you owe a great deal of compensation, don't you - about half the country, say.. Having seen a couple of CFM's posts long since, I see no more.
    Last edited by Iolo/Penderyn; 02-20-2020 at 08:17 AM.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Well, I think you owe a great deal of compensation, don't you - about half the country, say.. Having seen a couple of CFM's posts long since, I see no more.
    Oh my Dear Welsh friend.
    It's the British. It's the British and the Europeans that owe the Compensation. It was your desire for Tea. For Tea and a little Sugar. Tea, Sugar, Silk and fine Porcelain.

"The main European nations involved in slaving were Portugal, Spain, Britain, France, the Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden. Britain began large-scale slaving through private trading companies in the 1640s. The London-based Royal African Company was the most important and from 1672 had a monopoly of the British trade. Other merchants who wanted to enter this lucrative trade opposed the monopoly and it was ended in 1698."
    https://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/...slavery/europe

You just used us as a source of Cotton, like you used China for Tea, and the West Indies for Sugar, and the East Indies for your coveted Pepper. And India for Opium. Nobody wanted your coarse Wool, ... how many Opium Wars did you fight?
    Now, because you're Welsh, and seem like a Good Fellow, I could probably find a way to strike YOUR name from the Compensation Fund List if you wanted, voluntarily of course, to send a 'Donation' to:
    Postal Box General Delivery New Orleans ___ 'Attention Jack'.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Saudade (02-20-2020)

4. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Do you think the 'blue-eyed blond hair' northern Europeans and the 'dark-eyed dark hair' southern Europeans here in America discriminate against each other?
    There was a time that they did, but not anymore. Intermarriage did admittedly end that.

5. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Woko Haram View Post
    There was a time that they did, but not anymore. Intermarriage did admittedly end that.
    I think that is the trajectory here in America, which I consider a Good Thing.
    PS: I've already endorsed 'Dia de La Raza' as a replacement for 'Columbus Day'.

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I wouldn't endorse anything with "La Raza" in the name, given that it usually refers to a supremist ideology.

A much better replacement would be to dedicate a day to this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartol...9_de_las_Casas

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't endorse anything with "La Raza" in the name, given that it usually refers to a supremist ideology.

A much better replacement would be to dedicate a day to this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartol...9_de_las_Casas
    "He described the atrocities committed by the colonizers against the indigenous peoples.[2]"

Yeah. let's continue trying to divide people. 'That's the Ticket' as the guy on SNL used to say.

'Dia de La Raza' (Day of the Race) celebrates the co-mingling of the Europeans and the Native People.
    Seems more like a 'Unifying' event than a 'Dividing' event.

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"He described the atrocities committed by the colonizers against the indigenous peoples.[2]"

Yeah. let's continue trying to divide people. 'That's the Ticket' as the guy on SNL used to say.

'Dia de La Raza' (Day of the Race) celebrates the co-mingling of the Europeans and the Native People.
    Seems more like a 'Unifying' event than a 'Dividing' event.
    In the American context, "Day of the Race" is more commonly associated with this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UnidosUS

That group is most certainly supportive of divisiveness.

Some Latin American countries might have a less activist interpretation, but as usual, progressive activists have poisoned the well here.

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"In English speaking countries, the day is celebrated as Columbus Day or Native American Day. In Spanish speaking countries and communities, it is known as Día de la Raza, the Day of the Race.
    Día de la Raza is the celebration of the Hispanic heritage of Latin America and brings into it all the ethnic and cultural influences making it distinctive."
    https://www.tripsavvy.com/dia-de-la-raza-1635468

--->"brings into it all the ethnic and cultural influences making it distinctive."<---

I prefer THIS interpretation.

In the American context, "Day of the Race" is more commonly associated with this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UnidosUS

That group is most certainly supportive of divisiveness.

Some Latin American countries might have a less activist interpretation, but as usual, progressive activists have poisoned the well here.

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"In English speaking countries, the day is celebrated as Columbus Day or Native American Day. In Spanish speaking countries and communities, it is known as Día de la Raza, the Day of the Race.
    Día de la Raza is the celebration of the Hispanic heritage of Latin America and brings into it all the ethnic and cultural influences making it distinctive."
    https://www.tripsavvy.com/dia-de-la-raza-1635468

--->"brings into it all the ethnic and cultural influences making it distinctive."<---

I prefer THIS interpretation.
    I do as well, but we might need to rename the holiday again in order to avoid the activist baggage.

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I do as well, but we might need to rename the holiday again in order to avoid the activist baggage.
    Well, so far, the only 'baggage' is Columbus, the individual, rather than the end result of a multi-ethnic New World.

12. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,334 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guAno View Post
    2016 was the Last Election for White America
    ^The definition of stupid and ignorant.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

13. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh my Dear Welsh friend.
    It's the British. It's the British and the Europeans that owe the Compensation. It was your desire for Tea. For Tea and a little Sugar. Tea, Sugar, Silk and fine Porcelain.

"The main European nations involved in slaving were Portugal, Spain, Britain, France, the Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden. Britain began large-scale slaving through private trading companies in the 1640s. The London-based Royal African Company was the most important and from 1672 had a monopoly of the British trade. Other merchants who wanted to enter this lucrative trade opposed the monopoly and it was ended in 1698."
    https://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/...slavery/europe

You just used us as a source of Cotton, like you used China for Tea, and the West Indies for Sugar, and the East Indies for your coveted Pepper. And India for Opium. Nobody wanted your coarse Wool, ... how many Opium Wars did you fight?
    Now, because you're Welsh, and seem like a Good Fellow, I could probably find a way to strike YOUR name from the Compensation Fund List if you wanted, voluntarily of course, to send a 'Donation' to:
    Postal Box General Delivery New Orleans ___ 'Attention Jack'.
    Don't be bloody ridiculous. The British army had just saved you in a war, and your masters were desperate to avoid paying for any part of it, as you know. Slavers sailed from British ports, but slavery had been illegal in the English bit of Britain since Norman times. We owe you no compensation for anything, obviously, whereas millions are still suffering from the land-robbers and slave-owners crimes over there.

I don't play these games myself - just want to be shot of the whole silly capitalist mess.
    Last edited by Iolo/Penderyn; 02-22-2020 at 06:15 AM.

14. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Penderyn View Post
    Don't be bloody ridiculous. The British army had just saved you in a war, and your masters were desperate to avoid paying for any part of it, as you know. Slavers sailed romr British ports, but slavery had been illegal in the English bit of Britain since Norman times. We owe you no compensation for anything, obviously, whereas millions are still suffering from the land-robbers and slave-owners crimes over there.

I don't play these games myself - just want to be shot of the whole silly capitalist mess.
    OMG!
    You and your London Merchant friends only wanted to come here and make a Profit.

"Virginia Company, in full Virginia Company of London, also called London Company, commercial trading company, chartered by King James I of England in April 1606 with the object of colonizing the eastern coast of North America between latitudes 34° and 41° N. Its shareholders were Londoners, and it was distinguished from the Plymouth Company, which was chartered at the same time and composed largely of men from Plymouth."
    https://www.britannica.com/topic/Virginia-Company

"Despite increasing prosperity in Virginia over the following years, the company’s role came under attack as internecine disputes among the shareholders grew and as the king himself became offended both by the trend toward popular government in Virginia and by the colony’s efforts to raise tobacco, a “noisome” product of which he disapproved. A petition submitted to the king, calling for an investigation of conditions in the colony, led to a trial before the King’s Bench in May 1624. The court ruled against the Virginia Company, which was then dissolved, with the result that Virginia was transformed into a royal colony."

How many Shares do you own? How much money did you make? Are you STILL collecting Dividends?
    And why oh why do you still defend the Church of England when MY PEOPLE were only trying to Purify it???

"No Cross, No Crown is one of the chief works of William Penn, first published in 1669. It was written during Penn's imprisonment in the Tower of London.[1]"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Cross,_No_Crown

15. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

That only happened because all Europeans are of the same race. It hasn't happened with people of different races and probably never will.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to StoneByStone For This Post:

Jack (02-21-2020)

17. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    That only happened because all Europeans are of the same race. It hasn't happened with people of different races and probably never will.
    I disagree. I think Asians and Europeans intermarry the most.
    I don't know what your view on 'Latinos' is, most of those already have Spanish of Portuguese blood lines, but they marry all the time in the Southwest.