Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hired a snowflake and it melted

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,001 Times in 8,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    I own a house and have no debt at all. I have no car payments. My van is the envy of every contractor it rolls past. I got a $300 honda I've been driving for 3 years. I own multiple sets of equipment and have state of the art equipment.

And I have been doing this since the late 80s. You would think it would hit me at some time if those chemicals were gonna... Oh wait, they changed all that shit 20 fucking years ago.
    >Try finding new memes to make tradework look bad
    Turns out, when every tard gets a degree at the uni, it make a uni degree less valuable
    >Ironic that they teach supply and demand at the uni
    You have a boring, repetitive, back-breaking, miserable suck job that you're stuck doing day in and day out.

You could make 10x as much and I still wouldn't trade places with you.

Sux 2BU.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    You have a boring, repetitive, back-breaking, miserable suck job that you're stuck doing day in and day out.

You could make 10x as much and I still wouldn't trade places with you.

Sux 2BU.
    LOL It's repetitive like "CHING CHING" there's another $5 with that pass.
    Wanna see a house I worked in back in the 90s?
    https://variety.com/gallery/sitcom-p...lgmoye_ct_fp3/

Also worked in Ron Howard's house in the same neighborhood. I met Ron on a sunday afternoon and he was pretty down to earth.

You people who worship corporate jobs allowed our country to be destroyed.
    Be proud of the legacy you leave, faggot boomers

Check this out. This guy Dave calls me for work all the time also. I did the floors at Watershed and I did a couple of houses for him.

I meet all kinds of great people in my trade. I can't imagine sitting in the same place all day every day for years on end. To each his own
    Last edited by tinfoil; 02-19-2020 at 08:00 PM.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Also worked in Ron Howard's house in the same neighborhood. I met Ron on a sunday afternoon and he was pretty down to earth.

Check this out. This guy Dave calls me for work all the time also. I did the floors at Watershed and I did a couple of houses for him.

I meet all kinds of great people in my trade. I can't imagine sitting in the same place all day every day for years on end. To each his own
    Bullshit.

You're as bad as Dork Troll groveling for the approval of people on the internet.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

https://variety.com/gallery/sitcom-p...lgmoye_ct_fp3/

As much as I enjoyed getting outside and working on my backyard today, I do love my solitary operations floor.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,003 Times in 14,506 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Durrrrr! Turns out, dining rooms and living rooms don't have fucking closets. Keep your advice to yourself in matters you have no clue about
    LMAO. You start a newbie with a sander, and cry about him screwing up? I don't have a clue? That's funny. Start him on the edges with finer sandpaper if he needs to get the feel of a sander. I was using tools when you were still peeing your bed.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What a weak attempt. Yeah, it really sucks making $3.00/sqft refinishing wood floors. I guess you can't do math. I'll be making $5300 this week. How's your paycheck? So giggle all you want, desk jockey. You can have your "good job" in a cubicle farm. In addition to paying well, hard work also keeps a man looking young. Everyone I meet thinks I'm 35 years old. You desk jockeys age like milk. You sit on you fat asses all day long and then wonder why you get diabetes
    I will give you that. Nobody ever guesses my age within 10 years. I've had employees on and off for decades. At NO point did I ever let them use the table saw. I trained them on routers/sanders on pieces that they couldn't screw up, or on test pieces.

Being a craftsman doesn't equate to being a good teacher. Clearly, you should just stop complaining about your sore back, buy a back brace, and let the newb apply the finish to the floor and hump your tools in the beginning.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're nuts. As soon as I'm done with this project I have 11 units 500 sqft each in a brand new apartment building to install and finish in the next three weeks to a month and I'm praying the resand of the duplex for a great customer of mine doesn't come ready the minute I start the commercial units. Plus, I got another giant renovation project for the contractor who used to call me all the time but now works for a restoration company. Oh, and the lady with stairs to install in her condo and the other condo for Hanno where the subfloor is 3/8 plywood and it undulates an inch every step you take. Seriously, I have so much work. I even forgot about BeAnn's job that needs to get done. BeAnn was the first person to answer my craigslist ad when I set up shop here in columbus. I only ran the ad one time for a week and I've never had to advertise again. Every single customer I have, aside from a few who have seen my truck, are a direct result of the people involved in BeAnn's home construction.
    Her contractor made me his exclusive wood floor guy.
    Her realtor recommends me to clients
    The Realtor's son is also a realtor and he calls me for work.
    His son's contractor calls me for all his projects.
    Josh got my number from the son and now he has a dozen flips a year and this giant 11 unit project
    Kyle bought one of Josh's old houses and got my number and he does 5 or 6 big renovation projects a year.

It never ends

You have no idea
    And still, you're either too stupid, impossible to work for, or too cheap to hire someone with experience and pay a little more?

Yea...I don't know what I'm talking about.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Nomad (02-20-2020)

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    And still, you're either too stupid, impossible to work for, or too cheap to hire someone with experience and pay a little more?

Yea...I don't know what I'm talking about.
    There's nobody left to hire. The trade is dying because all the kids want to click buttons for a living.
    Fuick off, idiot. You have no idea what you're talking about. I paid the fucking kid $15/hr cash with no experience. There are no employees to choose from when nobody learns the trade anymore

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There's nobody left to hire. The trade is dying because all the kids want to click buttons for a living.
    Fuick off, idiot. You have no idea what you're talking about. I paid the fucking kid $15/hr cash with no experience. There are no employees to choose from when nobody learns the trade anymore
    LMAO. Nobody does wood floors anymore? Yea...go with that.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    "... my aching back and 53 years of age."
    So. Do you still support the Republican Plan to raise Retirement Age to 80?
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

MAGA MAN (02-20-2020)

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

What a weak attempt. Yeah, it really sucks making $3.00/sqft refinishing wood floors. I guess you can't do math. I'll be making $5300 this week. How's your paycheck? So giggle all you want, desk jockey. You can have your "good job" in a cubicle farm. In addition to paying well, hard work also keeps a man looking young. Everyone I meet thinks I'm 35 years old. You desk jockeys age like milk. You sit on you fat asses all day long and then wonder why you get diabetes
    $5,300 weekly sustained all year is $275,600 or $132.50 an hour. More than Nomad made his entire, pathetic existence.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

MAGA MAN (02-20-2020)

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    $5,300 weekly sustained all year is $275,600 or $132.50 an hour. More than Nomad made his entire, pathetic existence.
    I had to work about 50 hours. About 300 bucks for sandpaper, stain and finish. Plus, there will be no 1099 from this homeowner customer.
    >You would be surprised how little I make

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I had to work about 50 hours. About 300 bucks for sandpaper, stain and finish. Plus, there will be no 1099 from this homeowner customer.
    >You would be surprised how little I make
    Wow.

What a genius.

After telling the board where you live, you just publicly admitted to two separate acts of income tax evasion.

IRS Tax Whistleblower Program

You might want to stop answering your phone and checking your mail for awhile....

Dumbass.

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Isn't it telling how much every liberal on this forum hates skilled labor lol?

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bullshit.

You're as bad as Dork Troll groveling for the approval of people on the internet.
    Show us again the picture of "your" house that you got from Google Street View. That was so funny.