Thread: Two theories on how to beat Trump*.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,896 Times in 21,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,687 Times in 5,190 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Two theories on how to beat Trump*.

There are really two ideas here, what the Democrats go with will be very interesting.

1) Like the Republicans did with Trump* they could nominate a firebrand, an ultra liberal who excites the base and gets them out voting because the see a chance to get what they have been wanting all these years. This would be Sanders or Warren.

2) They could nominate a moderate, with the idea that a moderate wold pull more people from the middle toward the Democrats side and get more votes than Hillary Clinton got in states like Pennsylvania and Michigan. Klobarchar, Biden or Bloomberg.

What do you think? I tend to think the anti-Trump* base is already fired up and going to vote no matter what, so it might not matter much and so the liberal we really want would be the best choice. Thats how we got a black man named Obama elected president.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    There are really two ideas here, what the Democrats go with will be very interesting.

1) Like the Republicans did with Trump* they could nominate a firebrand, an ultra liberal who excites the base and gets them out voting because the see a chance to get what they have been wanting all these years. This would be Sanders or Warren.

2) They could nominate a moderate, with the idea that a moderate wold pull more people from the middle toward the Democrats side and get more votes than Hillary Clinton got in states like Pennsylvania and Michigan. Klobarchar, Biden or Bloomberg.

What do you think? I tend to think the anti-Trump* base is already fired up and going to vote no matter what, so it might not matter much and so the liberal we really want would be the best choice. Thats how we got a black man named Obama elected president.
    Obama got elected for one reason only. You dumbasses on the left thought the BOY was qualified due to skin color.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Obama got elected for one reason only. You dumbasses on the left thought the BOY was qualified due to skin color.
    I think that harmed his chances not helped, America is full of racists like you.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

I think that harmed his chances not helped, America is full of racists like you.
    Yet you're the one that used race to determine your vote.

There were millions more blacks that voted in 2008/2012 only to drop off in 2016 along with enough guilt ridden white n-lovers like you thinking skin color was a qualification.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

given that none of the above are very popular does that mean you'll have to start over for either plan to work?.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Grokmaster (02-18-2020)

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

I dont think democrats win with a moderate this time around. There isn't like 10% of the electorate that doesn't have their mind made up. This election is about turn out and enthusiasm. bloomberg imo would depress the democratic vote. You need someone that gets people fired up. It's not enough to just vote against someone else, you need people to always want to vote FOR someone. Democrats aren't going to stand in line for 3 hours to vote for bloomberg.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Grokmaster (02-18-2020)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is were the tradition of having a VP of a somewhat different persuasion or location comes in..

Being out on Super Tuesday may not necessarily mean your out of the game..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    given that none of the above are very popular does that mean you'll have to start over for either plan to work?.....
    You have no right to post here, no integrity.

LOCK HIM UP!

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    This is were the tradition of having a VP of a somewhat different persuasion or location comes in..

Being out on Super Tuesday may not necessarily mean your out of the game..
    So Bernie/Klobachar?
    Or Bloomberg/Warren?

LOCK HIM UP!

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

So Bernie/Klobachar?
    Or Bloomberg/Warren?
    Good combos IMHO..

I was hoping to see Gabby in there but I don't think this will be her time..

Amy will make a great leader, should Bernie not be able to fulfill his term.......

I would love to see her debate donnie.......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

You have no right to post here, no integrity.
    you have no right to vote here.....you have no brain......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”