Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Run Government On Credit; And Not Collect Enough Taxes - It'll Be Great!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Let's Run Government On Credit; And Not Collect Enough Taxes - It'll Be Great!

What could possibly go wrong?

Debt is just a word, right?

We're old white men. We don't care. We'll be dead when the bill comes due.

Besides. We've got you fooled that this economy can last forever like this!

Enjoy it while you can. We sure are....................

Oh and btw: We are also killing all regulations. We don't care what they do. They are all alike, and we don't like them because they cost us money. And we can't get enough money.

So: No more regulations!

Don't tell us. We don't care.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (02-18-2020), ThatOwlWoman (02-18-2020)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

Oh and btw: We are also killing all regulations. We don't care what they do. They are all alike, and we don't like them because they cost us money. And we can't get enough money.

More lies from the left, if your lips are moving you are lying. The tax cuts have not added one cent to the debt, revenue is still up. It's the spending stupid. You know, the spending that originates in the House of Representatives? Who controls the House of Representatives?
    Every life matters

4. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-20-2020)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ok FDR.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-20-2020)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah, just sayin.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (02-18-2020)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,494 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, just sayin.
    American "conservatives" are like the Aesop parable about the grasshopper and the ant. They are not the ants.

Debt by POTUS/IMPOTUS:

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

evince (02-18-2020), PoliTalker (02-18-2020)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh, just look the other way!

Things are great now.

Who cares about the future?

Rich old white Republicans don't.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (02-18-2020), ThatOwlWoman (02-18-2020)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,494 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

How terribly tragic. You'd think the moron would learn, but you'd be wrong. lol

Today, 08:10 AM
    CFM
    Verified User

This message is hidden because CFM is on your ignore list.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

evince (02-18-2020)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Uh-oh Poli. You're falling victim to the board where people get so frustrated arguing with each other on a daily basis they revert to semi-trolling. Outside of maybe some anarchists, no one argues for no regulations. It's the ultimate strawman. But God forbid anyone look to roll back any regulations it must mean they want zero regulations right? (and this leaves aside you complain about inequality and lack of opportunity but support regulations that enable it)

And regarding the debt the number one thing the federal government spends money on is entitlements. You complain about debt but you melt down anytime entitlement reform is mentioned. Now there's nothing wrong with calling out the hypocrisy of Republicans who only care about fiscal conservatism when they don't control the Presidency. But don't pretend you care about debt. Like many Republicans, you don't care about spending unless it's spending done by your 'opposition'.

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Uh-oh Poli. You're falling victim to the board where people get so frustrated arguing with each other on a daily basis they revert to semi-trolling. Outside of maybe some anarchists, no one argues for no regulations. It's the ultimate strawman. But God forbid anyone look to roll back any regulations it must mean they want zero regulations right? (and this leaves aside you complain about inequality and lack of opportunity but support regulations that enable it)

And regarding the debt the number one thing the federal government spends money on is entitlements.
    Are entitlements a bad thing?

The people getting them don't think so.

And neither do the businesses out there in the 'great economy' who are on the receiving end of the spending of those with entitlement money.

You complain about debt but you melt down anytime entitlement reform is mentioned. Now there's nothing wrong with calling out the hypocrisy of Republicans who only care about fiscal conservatism when they don't control the Presidency. But don't pretend you care about debt. Like many Republicans, you don't care about spending unless it's spending done by your 'opposition'.[/QUOTE]

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Hello cawacko,

Are entitlements a bad thing?

The people getting them don't think so.

And neither do the businesses out there in the 'great economy' who are on the receiving end of the spending of those with entitlement money.

You complain about debt but you melt down anytime entitlement reform is mentioned. Now there's nothing wrong with calling out the hypocrisy of Republicans who only care about fiscal conservatism when they don't control the Presidency. But don't pretend you care about debt. Like many Republicans, you don't care about spending unless it's spending done by your 'opposition'.
    [/QUOTE]

You're talking about debt. The largest outlay of federal money goes to entitlements. If you want to address the debt it's hard to do so without addressing the largest areas of spending which are entitlements and the military.

Like I said, it's not the debt itself that bothers you rather you don't like when Republicans spend money.

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    don't pretend you care about debt. Like many Republicans, you don't care about spending unless it's spending done by your 'opposition'.
    Don't tell me what I care about. You don't know. You're not me.

I absolutely care about the debt. I understand why it is important. I may be socially liberal, but I am fiscally conservative. (Just like Bloomberg...)

We should be taxing the rich more to eliminate the deficit. Don't you recall when I explained the difference between the debt and the deficit to you?

The economy is great, we can do it. The rich can afford higher taxes. And this is the best time to do it. You can't reduce the deficit during a recession.

The only reason we are not doing that is because doing the responsible thing will lose potus the votes of the greedy.

And besides. He's pretty greedy himself. He never wanted to pay any taxes. He thinks it is 'smart' to avoid paying taxes. If everybody was as 'smart' as he is, the USA would be bankrupt.

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 Times in 9,273 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Don't tell me what I care about. You don't know. You're not me.

I absolutely care about the debt. I understand why it is important. I may be socially liberal, but I am fiscally conservative. (Just like Bloomberg...)

We should be taxing the rich more to eliminate the deficit. Don't you recall when I explained the difference between the debt and the deficit to you?

The economy is great, we can do it. The rich can afford higher taxes. And this is the best time to do it. You can't reduce the deficit during a recession.

The only reason we are not doing that is because doing the responsible thing will lose potus the votes of the greedy.

And besides. He's pretty greedy himself. He never wanted to pay any taxes. He thinks it is 'smart' to avoid paying taxes. If everybody was as 'smart' as he is, the USA would be bankrupt.
    FYI ,America is bankrupt!We literally owe trillions,and growing everyday!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mason Michaels For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-18-2020)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

I agree with your sentiment ... up until you blamed 'old white men'.

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

hey that was the Bush plan too

lie us to wars and then refuse to pay for them while you crash the entire world economy by deregulating the banks

23. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-18-2020)

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

25. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-18-2020)