Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Biased media tries to spin failing Journalism 101 in promoting corrupt Avenatti

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 633 Times in 549 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Fox News is your source? Seriously? Oh brother.
    Not only that but he has to hide it behind his own storyline. Must have a brick wall of an ego. I sure as hell am not clicking on a hidden link. I've had enough crap from bad sites in my past and with some of the shady clickbait news sites that pop up from time to time here, there's no way. It is often found out that what he says might not be exactly what his link will say anyway. My advice is to write Capt. Bullshit off as free entertainment.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Charoite For This Post:

AProudLefty (02-17-2020)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,770 Times in 3,312 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 166 Times in 157 Posts

I'll give you the benefit of doubt for not being a (obvious) troll. Who fell for it? Who reported it?
    Sadly, some of the most widely-respected academic journals in the country...

Thank you for admitting that nobody reported it, hence nobody fell for it.

Now you can remove that part off your retarded list.
    Saying CNN didn't report something means "nobody reported it?" That's moronic on its face.

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    It's right here stupid. Nobody taught you how to click a link?

Liberal media reaction to Michael Avenatti conviction slammed as ‘Orwellian,’ ‘appalling’
    Stupid? LOL! I'm not the one that that doesn't know what a hidden link is. I'd keep your naivity a secret if you don't want to end up a troll target.

5. The Following User Groans At Charoite For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-22-2020)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    Sadly, some of the most widely-respected academic journals in the country...

At what time does the video mention the claim that "penises cause climate warming"?

Saying CNN didn't report something means "nobody reported it?" That's moronic on its face.
    I've googled and googled. Yes nobody reported it. The only two sites even mentioned it is the respectable site, The Spectator, and the far-right wing site, Free Beacon.

You know what? This hoax (actually a troll attempt) has 4chan feel all over it. Not the first time they ever done hoaxes, trolling attempts and spoofs designed as a legitimate news. And you fell for it.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile View Post
    Not only that but he has to hide it behind his own storyline.
    Repeating this obviously stupid diversionary fallacy won't make it less invalid.

Again, this is the child's game of pretending that having to endure the psyche-fracturing trauma of clicking on links is some kind of scandalous dirty trick. Total BS.

I sure as hell am not clicking on a hidden link.

Someone can't handle adult intellectual confrontation.

Again, need a tissue?

I've had enough crap from bad sites in my past and with some of the shady clickbait news sites that pop up from time to time here, there's no way. It is often found out that what he says might not be exactly what his link will say anyway. My advice is to write Capt. Bullshit off as free entertainment.

Clinging pretty desperately to this bogus narrative.

If you're really that incompetent at protecting your computer from viruses, perhaps it's time to invest in Avast or Norton. Next BS excuse please.

Attachment 14289

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Stupid? LOL! I'm not the one that that doesn't know what a hidden link is. I'd keep your naivity a secret if you don't want to end up a troll target.
    Again with the "I'm too stupid to utilize free virus protection programs" excuse. So frivolous and phony.

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

At what time does the video mention the claim that "penises cause climate warming"?
    Um...I don't know the exact time. Watch it and see.

Or read one of the articles about it...

Peer-Reviewed Journal Publishes Gender Studies Hoax Claiming Penises Cause Climate Change

I've googled and googled. Yes nobody reported it. The only two sites even mentioned it is the respectable site, The Spectator, and the far-right wing site, Free Beacon.
    Step 1: Claim no one reported on it (after having proof handed to you that several peer-reviewed academic journals published it).

Step 2: Post evidence that multiple sources reported on it.

My God you're a special level of dumb.

You know what? This hoax (actually a troll attempt) has 4chan feel all over it. Not the first time they ever done hoaxes, trolling attempts and spoofs designed as a legitimate news. And you fell for it.
    Multiple peer-reviewed academic journals publishing it is ME falling for it? No, genius, that's multiple peer-reviewed academic journals falling for it.

What a fucking moron.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Um...I don't know the exact time. Watch it and see.
    So you don't know? That's what I thought.

Or read one of the articles about it...[B][URL="https://dailycaller.com/2017/05/19/conceptual-penis-gender-studies-hoax-gets-published-in-peer-reviewed-journal/"]
    Now you're using Daily Caller as a source? Why don't you just source The Onion while you're at it.

Step 1: Claim no one reported on it (after having proof handed to you that several peer-reviewed academic journals published it).

Step 2: Post evidence that multiple sources reported on it.
    Are you retarded? We're talking about mainstream media. And you know what's interesting? Fox News and even Breitbart didn't report it. I wonder why? I mean seriously they would have jumped at the opportuinty to paint people as retarded like you are trying to do with your retarded attempt with the claim nobody here even heard about.

Multiple peer-reviewed academic journals publishing it is ME falling for it? No, genius, that's multiple peer-reviewed academic journals falling for it.
    I am beginning to feel bad for you. I wonder if you are actually damaged. Even The Spectator said it was an obvious spoof.

But carry on and show us how retarded you are.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you don't know? That's what I thought.
    The whole video is about left-wing academia falling for this hoax you fucking moron. You want a timestamp for when they mention specific parts of it? Watch the video. "That's what I thought?" You just got proven wrong, dumb-ass.

Now you're using Daily Caller as a source? Why don't you just source The Onion while you're at it.
    But your sources were humiliated and mine were proven right on:

-the Russia collusion hoax,
    -the "Investigating Biden's corruption is worse than Biden BEING corrupt" hoax,
    -the Covington Catholic hoax,
    -the Roy Moore pedophile hoax,
    -the Kavanaugh rape gang hoax,
    -the "repealing Net Neutrality will destroy the Internet" hoax,
    -the Jussie Smollett hoax,
    -the Charlottesville "very fine people" hoax,
    -the Duke Lacrosse team hoax,
    -the fake Ukraine transcript hoax,
    -the Trayvon Martin hoax,
    -the "Trump admitted to sexual assault" hoax,
    -the "penises cause climate change" hoax,
    -the "uninsured crisis" hoax,
    -the "Trump denying passports to Latinos" hoax,
    -the multitude of college hate crime hoaxes,
    -the "Mission Accomplished" hoax,
    -the "deceptively edited video" Planned Parenthood hoax,
    -the "children in cages" hoax,
    -the Michael Cohen perjury/contacting the Russians hoaxes,
    -the SPLC "hate group" hoax,
    -the "Trump mocking people with disabilities" hoax,
    -the "you can keep your doctor" hoax,
    -the "immigrants are rapists, criminals, animals" hoax,
    -the Kavanaugh "white power symbol" hoax,
    -the "Trump asked Putin to hack the DNC" hoax,
    -the polar bear dying from climate change hoax,
    -the "Trump made it easier for the mentally ill to purchase guns" hoax,
    -the Scaramucci Russian bankers hoax,
    -the "Muslim ban" hoax,
    -the global warming "consensus" hoax,
    -the "Obama's scandal-free presidency" hoax,
    -the Trump Jr. WikiLeaks hoax,
    -the Iran nuclear appeasement hoax,
    -the "polls show Trump will lose" hoax,
    -the "Obamacare will never fund abortions or illegal immigrants" hoax,
    -the "Hillary exonerated" hoax,
    -the "white privilege" hoax,
    -the voter suppression hoax,
    -and the "hands up don't shoot" hoax.

Would you rather me use the source YOU JUST PROVIDED AND CALLED REPUTABLE? The empty "attack the source" fallacy doesn't invalidate the facts presented either way, but the fact that you're acting like it isn't established that this hoax happened when YOU JUST PROVIDED YOUR OWN PROOF makes you a colossal fucking idiot

Are you retarded?
    Coming from literally the dumbest debater I have ever encountered on here.

We're talking about mainstream media.
    Actually, at the moment, we're talking about my list of hoaxes that Democrats and their propaganda sources fell for, and whether or not this particular hoax qualifies as a hoax. And academia falling for this hoax...DOES kind of demonstrate that it is a hoax. Obviously.

Try to keep up.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The whole video is about left-wing academia falling for this hoax you fucking moron. You want a timestamp for when they mention specific parts of it? Watch the video. "That's what I thought?" You just got proven wrong, dumb-ass.
    Why are you not telling me the time when they talked about penises causing climate warming so I can fast forward to it? If you cannot do that, just admit it and move on.

But your sources were humiliated and mine were proven right on:

-the Russia collusion hoax,
    -the "Investigating Biden's corruption is worse than Biden BEING corrupt" hoax,
    -the Covington Catholic hoax,
    -the Roy Moore pedophile hoax,
    -the Kavanaugh rape gang hoax,
    -the "repealing Net Neutrality will destroy the Internet" hoax,
    -the Jussie Smollett hoax,
    -the Charlottesville "very fine people" hoax,
    -the Duke Lacrosse team hoax,
    -the fake Ukraine transcript hoax,
    -the Trayvon Martin hoax,
    -the "Trump admitted to sexual assault" hoax,
    -the "penises cause climate change" hoax,
    -the "uninsured crisis" hoax,
    -the "Trump denying passports to Latinos" hoax,
    -the multitude of college hate crime hoaxes,
    -the "Mission Accomplished" hoax,
    -the "deceptively edited video" Planned Parenthood hoax,
    -the "children in cages" hoax,
    -the Michael Cohen perjury/contacting the Russians hoaxes,
    -the SPLC "hate group" hoax,
    -the "Trump mocking people with disabilities" hoax,
    -the "you can keep your doctor" hoax,
    -the "immigrants are rapists, criminals, animals" hoax,
    -the Kavanaugh "white power symbol" hoax,
    -the "Trump asked Putin to hack the DNC" hoax,
    -the polar bear dying from climate change hoax,
    -the "Trump made it easier for the mentally ill to purchase guns" hoax,
    -the Scaramucci Russian bankers hoax,
    -the "Muslim ban" hoax,
    -the global warming "consensus" hoax,
    -the "Obama's scandal-free presidency" hoax,
    -the Trump Jr. WikiLeaks hoax,
    -the Iran nuclear appeasement hoax,
    -the "polls show Trump will lose" hoax,
    -the "Obamacare will never fund abortions or illegal immigrants" hoax,
    -the "Hillary exonerated" hoax,
    -the "white privilege" hoax,
    -the voter suppression hoax,
    -and the "hands up don't shoot" hoax.

Would you rather me use the source YOU JUST PROVIDED AND CALLED REPUTABLE? The empty "attack the source" fallacy doesn't invalidate the facts presented either way, but the fact that you're acting like it isn't established that this hoax happened when YOU JUST PROVIDED YOUR OWN PROOF makes you a colossal fucking idiot
    I could go through each part in your retarded list. But I doubt you are intelligent enough to understand as you have proven.

Coming from literally the dumbest debater I have ever encountered on here.
    Projection is a ugly thing. Just a FYI.

Actually, at the moment, we're talking about my list of hoaxes that Democrats and their propaganda sources fell for, and whether or not this particular hoax qualifies as a hoax. And academia falling for this hoax...DOES kind of demonstrate that it is a hoax. Obviously.
    That is like saying that the show SNL and the site The Onion are sources of hoaxes. Do you know what a spoof is?

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why are you not telling me the time when they talked about penises causing climate warming so I can fast forward to it?
    Why are you crying about having to sit through a video that isn't even that long to find out for yourself? Grow the fuck up and stop demanding that everything be spoon-fed to you like a spoiled crybully snowflake

I could go through each part in your retarded list.
    If you cannot do that, just admit it and move on.

But I doubt you are intelligent enough to understand as you have proven.
    Says the guy who provided two articles documenting and confirming this hoax while insisting that there's no evidence for it...and who somehow illiterately misinterprets conservatives laughing at left-wing academia for issuing retractions after being hoaxed as CONSERVATIVES being hoaxed.

Pot, meet kettle.

Projection is a ugly thing. Just a FYI.
    Says the guy attacking other people's intelligence while illiterately blundering through every step of a plain English conversation.

That is like saying that the show SNL and the site The Onion are sources of hoaxes. Do you know what a spoof is?
    Obviously, anyone could be a source for a hoax. The only requirement is that it be fake and peddled as/believed to be real. In fact, it's pretty standard for most hoaxes to be started for entertainment by unserious sources. Who starts it has literally zero bearing on its definition as a hoax. And left-wing academia was too biased, dishonest and corrupt to even notice that they were clearly being scammed with ridiculous propaganda...which speaks volumes about the legitimacy of academia to begin with.

Seriously, are you a conservative posing as a Democrat to make them look like brain-damaged Neanderthals missing a chromosome? Or are you actually this unable to function on a basic intellectual level?

Last edited by artichoke; 02-18-2020 at 07:10 AM.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why are you crying about having to sit through a video that isn't even that long to find out for yourself? Grow the fuck up and stop demanding that everything be spoon-fed to you like a spoiled crybully snowflake

I know that's you when I keep asking you a simple request. Just admit that there's nothing in the video about the claim.

I am not going to watch the drivel for 9 minutes, especially when I have to read the auto-generated closed captioning because I am deaf.

Says the guy who provided two articles documenting and confirming this hoax while insisting that there's no evidence for it
    Are you dumb? I never said the hoax doesn't exist.

Says the guy attacking other people's intelligence while illiterately blundering through every step of a plain English conversation.
    *chuckles*

Obviously, anyone could be a source for a hoax. The only requirement is that it be fake and peddled as/believed to be real.

And left-wing academia was too biased, dishonest and corrupt to even notice that they were clearly being scammed with ridiculous propaganda...which speaks volumes about the legitimacy of academia to begin with.
    One more time, it was a spoof. I find it quite telling that you seriously think anybody would fall for it. Besides, what makes it left-wing anyway? Science has nothing to do with politics.

Seriously, are you a conservative posing as a Democrat to make them look like brain-damaged Neanderthals missing a chromosome? Or are you actually this unable to function on a basic intellectual level?
    Seriously, are you a liberal posing as a Republican to make them look like brain-amaged Neanderthals missing a chromosome? Or are you actually this unable to function on a basic intellectual level?

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

more mindless drivel
    I take it back. It's Gender Studies. Nothing to do with science. And it turns out that it wasn't the first time those three scholars did this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...l-hoax/572212/

"Seven more were still going through various stages of the review process. Only six had been rejected."

You've been had.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I take it back. It's Gender Studies. Nothing to do with science. And it turns out that it wasn't the first time those three scholars did this.

"Seven more were still going through various stages of the review process. Only six had been rejected."

You've been had.
    You wasted way too much effort trying to debate his disingenuous fluff.

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know that's you when I keep asking you a simple request.
    *Asking people to do all your thinking for you, and research, and spoon-feed you everything that's already at your fingertips, so you can pretend to catch them avoiding some BS challenge.

Just admit that there's nothing in the video about the claim.
    Just watch it yourself, or use any of the three other sources provided (two of which were provided by you) instead of going to such extreme measures to avoid the debate.

I am not going to watch the drivel for 9 minutes, especially when I have to read the auto-generated closed captioning because I am deaf.
    As I said, avoiding the debate. You've already spent more time deflecting and making excuses than it would have taken to view the video.

Are you dumb? I never said the hoax doesn't exist.
    Because it's MY fault that can't understand the plain-English meaning of saying "you fell for it" (post 19) as implying that the thing being believed isn't real. Nice logic.

One more time, it was a spoof. I find it quite telling that you seriously think anybody would fall for it.
    One more time, major academic journals DID fall for it, hence them publishing it and retracting it. Comprehend it yet?

Besides, what makes it left-wing anyway? Science has nothing to do with politics.
    The fact that left-wing registered Democrats and Democrat donor professors out-number conservative ones by an overwhelming margin, they routinely silence and ostracize anyone who reaches a conclusion to the right of Karl Marx, and are the epicenter of the left's deranged lunacy on race, gender, etc.

Seriously, are you a liberal posing as a Republican to make them look like brain-amaged Neanderthals missing a chromosome? Or are you actually this unable to function on a basic intellectual level?
    I said what you said back to you. This makes me clever and witty.

Attachment 14317

You've been had.
    You just confirmed my point, you fucking moron.

This hoax was included in the list of hoaxes left-wingers fell for because...it is a hoax that left-wingers fell for. Do you need it spelled out in crayon?