Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Political Hobbyism & YOU!!

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I agree. It's a 'Sport'. Red Team/Blue Team.
    Little is devoted to the actual 'issues'. Most time is spent being 'Cheerleaders' for the respective teams.

This is probably 'promoted' by outside interests using the 'Divide and Conquer' theory.

The Most Clear Example to me was when Obama suggested a 'punitive strike' on Assad and Syria for using Banned Chemical Weapons. Red Team went berserk in opposition. Then ...
    Trump suggested the SAME THING ... and Red Team did cartwheels in agreement.

This type of divisional thinking is EXACTLY what China, Russia, and others want. THEY ... are winning a War that the US is unaware is being waged.

do you have an example of the same thing happening in reverse?

Something your Blue Team opposed when a Republican did it but supported when a Democrat did it?

Are you intellectually honest enough to share a meaningful example?

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    do you have an example of the same thing happening in reverse?

Something your Blue Team opposed when a Republican did it but supported when a Democrat did it?

Are you intellectually honest enough to share a meaningful example?
    I don't recall any. Maybe you could share?

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I 'clicked' on it and saw it to be 52 minutes. That's a long time for Jack to be glued to a lecture.
    But ... you seem to be intelligent and probably wouldn't recommend this if it didn't have some merit. So ...
    ... if I do get some time, and I do listen to it, I'll give you my thoughts, ... but don't hold your breath.
    Thank you..... It isn't a lecture.. It is a program that is broadcast so it is entertaining.. You can listen to it as you toy w/ righties & flirt w/ the girls... lol
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Thank you..... It isn't a lecture.. It is a program that is broadcast so it is entertaining.. You can listen to it as you toy w/ righties & flirt w/ the girls... lol
    Thanks.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    There are rightwing posters here who have literally written that they support Trump because it will troll liberals, it will make Evince feel sad, and it will "stick it" to liberals.

The last time I actually recall conservatives actually passionately advocating a policy was when they hollered at me that tax cuts for the rich pay for themselves, and that invading Iraq was going to be an awesome idea.

Yes, that is certainly a major selling point for many.

Many feel, & justly IMHO, that they have been having it stuck to them for 8 years......

Overlooking the fact that they were doing most of the sticking the previous 8 years & so on & so on...

The vast majority of stuff we post here/political boards is gotcha stuff & fighting, not policy.

Policy, what is right/wrong is simply interchangeable depending on your team & simply put is situational~if my team does it, it is excusable/understandable/justified etc, if the other team does it~well it's treasonable, lol...

The human mind is a wonderful thing & sadly for most of us contrary facts won't change minds, facts have little to do w/ the foundation of many beliefs/feelings & opinions.......

In fact-facts, be proven wrong can cause many/most to hunker down on those opinions, even cause them/us to even become more committed to them.........

There is even a discussion on this via the link I posted in the OP.......

Not sure if that is a wonderful thing or a fucked up thing, but it is what it is..........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."