Thread: Birth Control: Sharing the responsibility

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Priceless. How about if a guy just automatically uses protection in every encounter where a pregnancy isn't wanted?

What if she says she uses contraception, does that mean the guy gets a pass not to?
    That's exactly what I taught my sons.

It used to be that conservatives believed in personal responsibility. They're very good at lecturing others on it, but when it comes to sexual matters apparently only the female partner is expected to be responsible.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-23-2020), Taichiliberal (02-23-2020)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Unless it's rape, and that is a crime, the male can't do a thing sexually with the woman unless SHE consents. That means she has the choice whether or not to "let him in".

4. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    What do you mean priceless? You have no point. Is it irresponsible to ask if the woman is using contraceptives and act accordingly? If not, doesn't the responsibility lie with the man?

Yeah, pretty much.
    What does "act accordingly" mean to you?

My point is that if a pregnancy isn't wanted both parties use protection as a matter of course. She uses it always, he uses it always. It's non-negotiable.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (02-23-2020), Taichiliberal (02-23-2020), ThatOwlWoman (02-23-2020)

6. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post

It used to be that conservatives believed in personal responsibility. They're very good at lecturing others on it, but when it comes to sexual matters apparently only the female partner is expected to be responsible.
    And this thread proves it, no matter how hard they try to waffle.

― Charles Dickens

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (02-23-2020), ThatOwlWoman (02-23-2020)

8. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post

It is an acknowledgement of the awesome power they hold

Your position relegates them to slaves of sex

You can’t really believe that women have control over their bodies when you consistently tell me they can’t control their sexual urges.

It doesn’t matter what the guy wants.

Here is a thought experiment for the married female leftists on this board. In your entire sexual history have you ever said NO to sex or did you have sex with every guy who wanted it?

Simple question.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (02-24-2020)

10. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,717 Times in 4,154 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,364 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Another one Announcing "You're on IGNORE" (IA)... right after you correctly called their next move...
    That one did have to sting....
    Priceless
    So let me get this straight....Free Dumb sees my thread, reads through it, and despite YEARS of stating that my threads and comments are worthless (and being on IA), makes an effort where his only comments/responses is to give some school yard support to another failed right wing flunky who can't concede a point. And when I briefly acknowledge his presence on my thread, I'm trying to get his attention?

So essentially you clowns have only the goal of getting any type or response to call a win...forget the fact you can't defend your rhetoric or display any intellectual honesty or potency. You can't refute or disprove what I post with facts and logic, so you try to hijack the thread with BS.

No wonder Trump loves you guys...the OP stands, and since you have nothing of worth to offer, you can join your compadre in the circle jerk of self congratulation.
    Last edited by Taichiliberal; 02-23-2020 at 07:21 PM.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

11. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (02-24-2020)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-23-2020), ThatOwlWoman (02-24-2020)

13. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    So let me get this straight....Free Dumb sees my thread, reads through it, and despite YEARS of stating that my threads and comments are worthless (and being on IA), makes an effort where his only comments/responses is to give some school yard support to another failed right wing flunky who can't concede a point. And when I briefly acknowledge his presence on my thread, I'm trying to get his attention?

So essentially you clowns have only the goal of getting any type or response to call a win...forget the fact you can't defend your rhetoric or display any intellectual honesty or potency. You can't refute or disprove what I post with facts and logic, so you try to hijack the thread with BS.

No wonder Trump loves you guys...the OP stands, and since you have nothing of worth to offer, you can join your compadre in the circle jerk of self congratulation.
    Talk about hitting the nail on the head! You could not be more right.

― Charles Dickens

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Taichiliberal (02-23-2020), ThatOwlWoman (02-24-2020)

15. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

See there you go; following me around, like a bitch in heat, begging for my attention.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (02-24-2020)

17. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

"Unprecedented powers to kill human beings".... a silly assed proclamation by tree stump preachers humping those tax free gifts from the government they want autonomy from but yet want to use to enforce their beliefs on other American citizens.

For all your pseudo-religious clap trap, you can't logically or factually refute the premise of the OP or counter my previous post. But if you really want a theocracy, I suggest you move to the Middle East and take your pick of government that strictly enforces control over women's bodies. That way, if you're a man, you can do as you please without any accountability.

Carry on, you hypocrite.
    Women are the only people who can get away with murdering a human being, I don't care about you listing all of your pseudo science crap about lump of cells, zygote, and anything else you come up with, it has to do with decency, and you have none!

The post and it's reference to middle eastern countries, and treatment of women, is proof positive you are on the losing side of this argument! It is quite hilarious!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

MAGA MAN (02-24-2020)

19. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

*sigh* Another day, another reminder needed. No wonder they call them "Reichtards".

Today, 07:30 AM
    CFM
    Verified User

This message is hidden because CFM is on your ignore list.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

20. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (02-24-2020)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Taichiliberal (02-25-2020)

22. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Says the one that did exactly what she was told to do in the manner in which she was told to do it.

Thanks for proving three things. Your sons chased whores, your husband caught one, and I have you under my control when it comes to how and when you respond.

23. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ah, I see you've encountered a couple of this forum's most active RW attention whores. Perfect description of their M.O. They've got member-stalking and thread-disrupting down to a fine art. We keep hoping that they'll grow up and attempt to discuss topics like the OP like adults but so far... bupkes.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Taichiliberal (02-25-2020)

25. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Women can learn they're pregnant via blood test in six days and the heart is not beating then. It's not even developed after six days.
    So why do they wait 9 months?

26. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    So why do they wait 9 months?
    What proportion does? 00000.1%, or a bit less?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-25-2020)

28. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What does "act accordingly" mean to you?

My point is that if a pregnancy isn't wanted both parties use protection as a matter of course. She uses it always, he uses it always. It's non-negotiable.
    Since she is in control of whether or not he's "let in", since both parties should use it in that situation, if she lets him in knowing he isn't doing his part, is that her fault or his. If he refuses and she says no, unless it's rape, pregnancy can't occur. If she allows him despite knowing he isn't doing his part, that's on her.

If I loan someone my car, it's my responsibility to make sure they have a license. While they should if they're going to ask, if I let them drive knowing they don't, that's on me since it's my car.