Thread: Birth Control: Sharing the responsibility

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,640 Times in 4,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,357 Times in 1,282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    you have your rights, as long as they don't infringle on other people's. babies are people.

don't dehumanize babies.
    Sorry, but the law does NOT recognize a pre-born as a full human being with all rights intact … you do have limits to which an abortion can be preformed. But like Rep. Hollis says, if guys can just knock up a woman and then leave her with all the responsibility, that is unfair. So to avoid the whole question of abortion, just get the mandatory vasectomy...that way, no fuss about condom sensitivity, birth control medication, unexpected parenthood, etc., etc.
    Last edited by Taichiliberal; 02-18-2020 at 01:01 AM.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

2. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (02-22-2020)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-18-2020), ThatOwlWoman (02-18-2020)

4. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    I am sure he'll be mortified!
    Who cares? All I know is that the little dope keeps following me around like a noisy dog seeking attention. IA gives my threads more room on the page and an easier scroll.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

5. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (02-22-2020)

6. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    But since people don't, and there are those who are insistent on controlling women's bodies, then a similar mindset should apply to me. Fair is fair.

George Orwell

7. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (02-22-2020)

8. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Typical left wing horseshit from someone that likely got elected based on skin color rather than qualifications.

Hate to break it to you but unless the woman consents to having sex, outside of the crime of rape and that is a separate issue, a man can't her pregnant. What that means is the best form of birth control is her saying no unless she's willing to accept getting pregnant even if it wan't her intent. You lefties want to focus on the results rather than the choice to produced those results.

Here's Rolanda:

https://www.newsbreak.com/alabama/bi...iolence-charge
    And here's another right wing rummy who's short on brains and logic but long on lame propaganda tactics and bigotry. So according to this Certified Fucking Moron, if you have an arrest (but no conviction) on an unrelated misdemeanor, that invalidates ANYTHING else you do in life.

Here's the WHOLE story that CFM attempts to turn to slander. Please read carefully, folks as this has NOTHING to do with the OP https://www.alreporter.com/2019/09/2...olence-charge/

Now, let's look at CFM's classic misogyny in his 2 sentence assessment: He essentially states the moot point that consensual sex can result in pregnancy, and therefore if a woman does NOT use contraception and know the man isn't, then that's on her. Mind you, CFM doesn't take into account rape, faulty contraception, divorce, financial changes, someone lies, etc. But that doesn't matter....just the sheer thought of men being put on the same government enforced rules on their bodies most intimate actions is too much for him. So he ignores the basic concept of the OP link and alludes to the SOS of making a woman bring an unwanted child to term because HE and a group of other folk say so (despite not knowing or caring or wanting to be bothered with what happens afterwards). CFM acts as if EVERY guy who impregnates EVERY woman is going to be a stand up father. Obviously, CFM lives in an alternate universe.
    Last edited by Taichiliberal; 02-18-2020 at 12:49 AM.

George Orwell

9. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (02-22-2020)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-18-2020)

11. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal
    Every few months I take Teflon Don out of the IA bin to see if he actually has developed the intellectual courage and capacity to rationally debate a subject. Clearly this latest response of his shows he does not. Back he goes.
    Translation: If someone doesn't say something that I want to hear, I go back into hiding and blame them because I can't debate rationally.

Why are you so scared of debate, BOY? You've shown you can't debate rationally yet I don't have you on ignore. Guess that means I'm a better man and person than you.
    How can I "go back into hiding" when I created this thread and am responding to posters, you Certified Fucking Moron? What did TD post here that is worthy of a debate? Do you know what a debate actually is? Let the reading audience know.

George Orwell

12. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (02-22-2020)

13. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by countryboy
    Women should have control of their own bodies. A baby in the womb is NOT the woman's body. Way to go with a false dichotomy. Get back to us when you're ready to have an honest discussion Tacky Liberal.

Taichi focuses on the results not a decision.

Unless the woman gets pregnant from rape, and that is a crime and another issue altogether, she can't get pregnant unless she's consented to having sex.
    https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...16#post3490216

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...28#post3490228

George Orwell

14. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (02-22-2020)

15. #22 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,519 Times in 16,979 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    But since people don't, and there are those who are insistent on controlling women's bodies, then a similar mindset should apply to me. Fair is fair.
    Then let it apply to you if you're irresponsible. Maybe they/you should take responsibility for their/your actions. Many of us did.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Truth Detector (02-20-2020)

17. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal

Then let it apply to you if you're irresponsible. Maybe they/you should take responsibility for their/your actions. Many of us did.
    And how does this little screed of yours alter the validity of the proposal in the OP link? Clearly, you're comfortable with dictating terms to woman, but not to men when it comes to sex and birth. Quite the hypocrite, our RB 60.

George Orwell

18. The Following User Groans At Taichiliberal For This Awful Post:

MAGA MAN (02-22-2020)

19. #24 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,519 Times in 16,979 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

And how does this little screed of yours alter the validity of the proposal in the OP link? Clearly, you're comfortable with dictating terms to woman, but not to men when it comes to sex and birth. Quite the hypocrite, our RB 60.
    I am "dictating" the terms of responsibility from BOTH parties. You are obviously illiterate if you can't see that both parties being responsible was my point.

As for the OP, it's as slippery a slope as abortion. I wouldn't support either, although there are exceptions.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

TOP (02-18-2020)

21. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    You lie

The solution is very simple. If a woman doesn’t want to get pregnant then she should avoid the act that leads to pregnancy. If she had true control over her body then it wouldn’t be a problem. Abortion is an acknowledgement that a woman can’t control her body. Period

All of this talk about men and vasectomies is a distraction from that basic fact.

Now cue the “life and health of the mother” argument

The fact of the matter is that Planned Parenthood has become a money making organization no different than Shell Oil. But where Shellis in the business of fueling our engines, Planned Parenthood is in the business of killing unborn babies

If you mad money off of unborn babies and STDs would you want fewer unintended pregnancies and fewer STDs? No you would want more of them.
    Yep it's always HER fault. Even if she is RAPED.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Centerleftfl For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-22-2020), Taichiliberal (02-19-2020), ThatOwlWoman (02-18-2020)

23. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Is your argument that, outside a woman being raped, she can get pregnant if she doesn't have sex with someone?

24. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    You confuse fault with responsibility.

Unless it's rape, which is a crime, are you arguing that a woman can get pregnant if she chooses to not take the action that produces pregnancy?

25. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

How can I "go back into hiding" when I created this thread and am responding to posters, you Certified Fucking Moron? What did TD post here that is worthy of a debate? Do you know what a debate actually is? Let the reading audience know.
    You're the one that says you put people on IA then check on them to see if they're doing things the way you think they should do it.

I suspect you'll continue that process because you're nothing more than a goddamn loud-mouthed pussy.

26. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And here's another right wing rummy who's short on brains and logic but long on lame propaganda tactics and bigotry. So according to this Certified Fucking Moron, if you have an arrest (but no conviction) on an unrelated misdemeanor, that invalidates ANYTHING else you do in life.

Here's the WHOLE story that CFM attempts to turn to slander. Please read carefully, folks as this has NOTHING to do with the OP https://www.alreporter.com/2019/09/2...olence-charge/

Now, let's look at CFM's classic misogyny in his 2 sentence assessment: He essentially states the moot point that consensual sex can result in pregnancy, and therefore if a woman does NOT use contraception and know the man isn't, then that's on her. Mind you, CFM doesn't take into account rape, faulty contraception, divorce, financial changes, someone lies, etc. But that doesn't matter....just the sheer thought of men being put on the same government enforced rules on their bodies most intimate actions is too much for him. So he ignores the basic concept of the OP link and alludes to the SOS of making a woman bring an unwanted child to term because HE and a group of other folk say so (despite not knowing or caring or wanting to be bothered with what happens afterwards). CFM acts as if EVERY guy who impregnates EVERY woman is going to be a stand up father. Obviously, CFM lives in an alternate universe.
    "Now, let's look at CFM's classic misogyny in his 2 sentence assessment: He essentially states the moot point that consensual sex can result in pregnancy, and therefore if a woman does NOT use contraception and know the man isn't, then that's on her."

Not misogyny. Are you saying the woman can get pregnant without having sex?

"Mind you, CFM doesn't take into account rape, faulty contraception, divorce, financial changes, someone lies, etc. But that doesn't matter."

I've acknowledged rape is a crime and a separate issue. As for those other things, it doesn't matter. It doesn't change that without her consent the act doesn't occur.

"So he ignores the basic concept of the OP link and alludes to the SOS of making a woman bring an unwanted child to term because HE and a group of other folk say so (despite not knowing or caring or wanting to be bothered with what happens afterwards)."

I expect her, because she chose the action that produced the result to be responsible for the result. Aborting it because you don't like the result you knew could occur from an action you chose to do isn't being responsible.

"CFM acts as if EVERY guy who impregnates EVERY woman is going to be a stand up father. "

If they're not, that doesn't make it the responsibility of those of us that didn't impregnate the woman. She should have made a better choice when it came down to such a serious issue.

"Obviously, CFM lives in an alternate universe."

No, unlike you, I live in a universe where when you make choices, even if it doesn't work out like you thought, wanted, or otherwise felt it should, you accept, take responsibility for it, and do the right thing.

27. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Didn't say that at all

28. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.2 For This Post:

MAGA MAN (02-18-2020)