Thread: So now we got a King?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    we expect you to be stupid.......I am sure you will never disappoint us......
    Indeed, that sock is consistent, if nothing else

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    The sad fact is that some of his supporters would have declared him King if it ever comes up, damn the Constitution.

Long live King Trump!
    There you go speculating on something for which you have no proof.

What's funny about what you say is that you lefties voted for an unqualified black BOY thinking skin color was a qualification and tried to tell us he did a good job.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Not even a metaphorical king lol?

This is a bit like the absurd outrage over Trump’s ‘chosen one’ comment. Where he clearly meant—since his predecessor’s dropped the ball [and they clearly did] it was left for Trump to be ‘the chosen one’ to clean up the mess. The phrase has a distinct religious connotation but it’s unclear whether Trump intended it that way; and/or if he did, whether it was intended as sarcasm.

I suspect it was the latter.

Did liberals pay attention during English Literature class lol?
    As I said, predictable, "he was only joking," "you don't understand Trump's humor," and now we have, "he was using a metaphor," tell us, like I asked "country," what metaphor was he using when he said he had "the right to do anything he wanted as President?"

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    As I said, predictable, "he was only joking," "you don't understand Trump's humor," and now we have, "he was using a metaphor," tell us, like I asked "country," what metaphor was he using when he said he had "the right to do anything he wanted as President?"
    you're just such a butthurt, pearl clutching, humorless nancy all the time. and you're wrong on everything. this is why you're losing.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Yes, that's true. You people overreact to every little thing the President does.
    No, you fail to understand the gravity of what he does say, I mean if I supported the candidate who proudly boasted that he could shoot someone in broad daylight on 5th Avenue and his voters would still vote for him I might start to question what that candidate really thinks about me that he takes me for granted

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    to make stupid people post stupid things on internet boards........thanks for playing along......
    Opps, I forgot that one, to irritate the left, goes right along with "he was using a metaphor," "he was only joking," and, "you don't understand Trump's humor."

I swear if Trump came out tomorrow and admitted he was in bed with Putin the same Trumpkins would tell us "he was only joking," "he was using a metaphor," "we don't understand Trump's humor," or he only did it to irritate others

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

No, you fail to understand the gravity of what he does say, I mean if I supported the candidate who proudly boasted that he could shoot someone in broad daylight on 5th Avenue and his voters would still vote for him I might start to question what that candidate really thinks about me that he takes me for granted
    Meanwhile, you ignore the "gravity" of the rhetoric that comes from the new mainstream left. You don't have a leg to stand on criticizing other's "grave" rhetoric.
    Every life matters

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    you're just such a butthurt, pearl clutching, humorless nancy all the time. and you're wrong on everything. this is why you're losing.
    Notice your lack of content, you can always tell when a Trumpkin is done, the personal crapola surfaces, it is like the towel hitting the canvas

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ralph Waldo Emerson seemed to foresee the lesson of the Senate Impeachment Trial of President Trump. ‘When you strike at the King, Emerson famously said, “you must kill him.’ Mr. Trump’s foes struck at him but did not take him down. A triumphant Mr.Trump emerges from the....." - Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump Feb 15, 2020

Well, we already knew Trump feels he has "the right to do whatever I want as President," so I guess comparing himself to a King is just natural, kinda funny, remember when the right and their media went bananas when Obama appointed "czars" and they said that proved Obama thought he was a King

And tomorrow Trump tell America he just loves the Constitution
    King, the Second Coming of Jesus! The cult “laps it up like honey”, but they don’t see the danger because it’s all about liberal tears.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-17-2020)

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Meanwhile, you ignore the "gravity" of the rhetoric that comes from the new mainstream left. You don't have a leg to stand on criticizing other's "grave" rhetoric.
    I don't recall anyone on the "new mainstream left," whatever that is, nor anyone on the left or even slightly left of center, ever even raising the concept of absolutism, but now we got Trump, who feels he's totally vindicated from his latest blunder, talking Kings and the power to do anything he wants, the exact themes that motivated the Founding Fathers to author the Constitution

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Notice your lack of content, you can always tell when a Trumpkin is done, the personal crapola surfaces, it is like the towel hitting the canvas
    no. im clearly referencing your overreaction to a phrase, you butt hurt, humorless, pearl clutching nancy.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermes Thoth For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (02-17-2020), USFREEDOM911 (02-17-2020)

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't recall anyone on the "new mainstream left," whatever that is, nor anyone on the left or even slightly left of center, ever even raising the concept of absolutism, but now we got Trump, who feels he's totally vindicated from his latest blunder, talking Kings and the power to do anything he wants, the exact themes that motivated the Founding Fathers to author the Constitution
    It was a metaphor, and an apt one you hyperventilating mental midget. Good grief.
    Every life matters

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

sorry all your attempts at coups have failed. that doesn't mean trump is a king, ya ignoramus.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

He had the right to do anything...as President lol?

To the extent the constitution grants him the authority. Like one pundit said “authoritarianism is the plane that never quite lands”.

I’m pretty sure Trump is clear on the fact the Constitution doesn’t grant him authority to grant himself a third term, round up liberals and intern them and etc.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,771 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    Please detail his "ROYAL ACTIONS".
    Taking money budgeted for the military base improvements that directly affect military families and using it for his vanity wall.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (02-17-2020)