Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Too Bad He Couldn't Drain The Swamp.

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    I don’t think Trump knew what he was getting into. I’m sure if he had a do-over he would fired Comey for mishandling the Clinton investigation. In fact, Democrats were pissed at Comey at the time—so they wouldn’t have said anything.

But Comey was responsible for Mullet: Comey leaked [in his own words] in order to get a prosecutor appointed to investigate Trump and Russia. Presently, Durham is investigating to see if there was an adequate predicate for the investigation at the time.

There didn’t seem to be one at the end of the investigation since no criminal conspiracy existed between the Trump campaign and Russia. That was the conclusion of the investigation.

So, if this comes down ‘the wrong way’ for the Deep State [cast of characters—whatever you want to call them] not only will it be ‘Swamp Draining’ it will be historic. This is why they are making noise over Barr.

They are desperate to get rid of him.
    False predicate.

The Special Counsel was hired by Rosenstein ( not Comey ) to investigate Russian interference into the 2016 election, not just the possibility of coordination between the potus campaign and Russians, but

"a full and thorough investigation of the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election."

Words taken directly from the source:
    Here is the DOJ order

Conspiracy is difficult to prove, so no charges were filed. That in no way means no evidence of it was found. Simply not enough to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. The investigation revealed there was widespread activity on the part of the Russian government to get IMPOTUS elected.

I'm impressed that you have admitted IMPOTUS let you down and has not drained the swamp as promised.

Maybe the new slogan should be:

"Try Again To Drain The Swamp"
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Darth,

False predicate.

The Special Counsel was hired by Rosenstein ( not Comey ) to investigate Russian interference into the 2016 election, not just the possibility of coordination between the potus campaign and Russians, but

"a full and thorough investigation of the Russian government's efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election."

Words taken directly from the source:
    Here is the DOJ order

Conspiracy is difficult to prove, so no charges were filed. That in no way means no evidence of it was found. Simply not enough to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. The investigation revealed there was widespread activity on the part of the Russian government to get IMPOTUS elected.

I'm impressed that you have admitted IMPOTUS let you down and has not drained the swamp as promised.

Maybe the new slogan should be:

"Try Again To Drain The Swamp"
    If there is a swamp drainer it’s Durham, so stop jumping the bus lol.

Yes, Rosenstein appointed Mullet—only because Comey lacked the authority. It was only after Comey leaked [again, with the stated intention to get a prosecutor appointed against Trump] that Mullet was appointed by Rosenstein.

Why Rosenstein? Because Democrats forced Sessions to recuse from anything with the word ‘Russian’ in it. Any of this starting to sound familiar? It should, because now they want rid of Barr.

At the time, The Junk Dossier was being touted by the Democrats media lap dogs. Happy little coincidence, that. The Dossier gave political impetus for the appointment of Mullet. But now, even though the Dossier is considered junk by the very people who were touting it, it’s like ‘oops, oh well’.

Oops and oh well, my happy a**. I’ll make no predictions of the outcome of the Durham investigation except to say this—if some of these weasels go down—I’ll be cheering it on with about 60 million or so other people.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (02-19-2020)

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Kimbo Kush,

Then there should be no more deep state, right?

According to Republicans I talk to, they think the swamp means Democrats in government who 'run everything,' the 'deep state.'

Now, after three years, Trump is still rooting them out. After all this time. He has failed to clean it up.

Is he going to recycle the old: 'Drain The Swamp' soundbyte for this campaign?

After all, it worked so well in 2016. Why not?

Well, it could be that since he is now in charge of it all that HE OWNS THE SWAMP.

If it ain't gone, it's HIS FAULT.

But Republicans can't fault him for anything.

If they do, they get tweet-shamed.

It's an abusive relationship, and the victims are the enablers.

He could never do this if they didn't let him.

Pathetic.

Republicans should be ashamed of themselves.
    you are concern trolling

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

cawacko (02-18-2020)

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kimbo Kush,

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo Kush View Post
    you are concern trolling
    Yup. If that's what you call it when you point out something to people who are trying very hard to not see it.

I understand.

It's got to be hard to have voted for someone who promised to drain the swamp and then see him facing reelection having failed to do the thing he promised to do.

Maybe I can help.

How about this for a new campaign slogan:

"REALLY Try To Drain That Pesky Swamp This Time"

Yeah. That might work. Has a nice ring to it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh no. I've got it.

This is much better.

"Make Mexico Drain The Swamp"

Oh yeah. There ya go.

That one's better.

8. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Darth,

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    If there is a swamp drainer it’s Durham, so stop jumping the bus lol.

Yes, Rosenstein appointed Mullet—only because Comey lacked the authority. It was only after Comey leaked [again, with the stated intention to get a prosecutor appointed against Trump] that Mullet was appointed by Rosenstein.

Why Rosenstein? Because Democrats forced Sessions to recuse from anything with the word ‘Russian’ in it. Any of this starting to sound familiar? It should, because now they want rid of Barr.

At the time, The Junk Dossier was being touted by the Democrats media lap dogs. Happy little coincidence, that. The Dossier gave political impetus for the appointment of Mullet. But now, even though the Dossier is considered junk by the very people who were touting it, it’s like ‘oops, oh well’.

Oops and oh well, my happy a**. I’ll make no predictions of the outcome of the Durham investigation except to say this—if some of these weasels go down—I’ll be cheering it on with about 60 million or so other people.
    You should be pretty thankful of Comey.

If he hadn't opened his big mouth a week before the election Hillary would have won.

9. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Kimbo Kush,

Yup. If that's what you call it when you point out something to people who are trying very hard to not see it.

I understand.

It's got to be hard to have voted for someone who promised to drain the swamp and then see him facing reelection having failed to do the thing he promised to do.

Maybe I can help.

How about this for a new campaign slogan:

"REALLY Try To Drain That Pesky Swamp This Time"

Yeah. That might work. Has a nice ring to it.
    listen shithead, you obviously don't care about swamp draining. you deny a swamp even exists. furthermore, YOU DONT GET TO DEFINE IT. When trump talked about draining the swamp, did you think he was talking about patriots and people that you and other liberals hate? of course not. Wheres comey? Oh yeah. Fired. Swamp. Brennan? Clapper? Mccabe? Those are the deep staters, those are the swamp.

Your entire argument is faulty. You just point to who YOU want to call the swamp, and then say he failed. Well, he's not trying to impress domestic enemy liberals such as yourself. Your opinion is worthless

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

anatta (02-19-2020), Loving91390 (02-18-2020)

11. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My definition of the swamp:

The corruption of big money influence over our government.

How to really drain the swamp:

It needs to be a bottom-up solution.

Here's the swamp problem: Big money is often driven by greed and abuse of the power that comes with big money. Greedy people with big money throw it at government to force government do to things that let the powerful gain an unfair advantage in building more wealth and power. There is so much of this legal corruption that no legislation which might effectively address it can pass. A Congress which is hooked on big money is not going to vote against big money.

That's why it needs to be a bottom up solution. We have to change Congress from the current (legally) corrupt one into an anti-corruption Congress.

But how do we do that?

From the bottom up, like I said.

Yes, but how does that work?

Slowly. (Apologies to all you instant gratification people.) This is a very difficult challenge. Big money gets people elected. So how do we get people elected without big money? It is possible, but it takes time. Lots of time.

Here's how we do it:

We use citizen initiatives and pass the Anti-Corruption Act in local cities, towns and counties. After all, what local politician is going to take a stand against an Anti-Corruption Act? Nobody in their right mind wants the media to profile them as being pro-corruption while they are campaigning for a local office on the city or county commission.

Easy enough. But what does passing local the Anti-Corruption Act locally do for the US Congress problem? I said this was going to take time...

Once there are enough local communities with the Anti-Corruption Act in place it will be time to pass the Anti-Corruption Act at the state level. Once enough States have the Anti-Corruption Act, that will control their elections and who gets sent to the US Congress. Once a majority of the US Congress is held by pro Anti-Corruption Act legislators, then the Anti-Corruption Act can pass at the federal level.

You can't 'drain the swamp' by firing a few people or by making it a partisan issue. That will never work unless election laws are changed, because more corrupt people will simply come in to replace the fired ones. Where there is big money and legalized corruption, there will be corrupt politicians.

Draining The Swamp: A How-To Manual, with Michael Douglas:

Last edited by PoliTalker; 02-19-2020 at 09:17 AM.

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Draining the swamp one creature at a time will take a little while, but it's happening,
    by the end of his second term I'm betting there will be no Nancy, no Chuck. And they are the head Swamp creatures.

It's a battle of wills, and to date Trump is winning
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

My definition of the swamp:

The corruption of big money influence over our government.

How to really drain the swamp:

It needs to be a bottom-up solution.

Here's the swamp problem: Big money is often driven by greedy and abuse of the power that comes with big money. Greedy people with big money throw it at government to force government do to things that let the powerful gain an unfair advantage in building more wealth and power. There is so much of this legal corruption that no legislation which might effectively address it can pass. A Congress which is hooked on big money is not going to vote against big money.

That's why it needs to be a bottom up solution. We have to change Congress from the current (legally) corrupt one into an anti-corruption Congress.

But how do we do that?

From the bottom up, like I said.

Yes, but how does that work?

Slowly. (Apologies to all you instant gratification people.) This is a very difficult challenge. Big money gets people elected. So how do we get people elected without big money? It is possible, but it takes time. Lots of time.

Here's how we do it:

We use citizen initiatives and pass the Anti-Corruption Act in local cities, towns and counties. After all, what local politician is going to take a stand against an Anti-Corruption Act? Nobody in their right mind wants the media to profile them as being pro-corruption while they are campaigning for a local office on the city or county commission.

Easy enough. But what does passing local the Anti-Corruption Act locally do for the US Congress problem? I said this was going to take time...

Once there are enough local communities with the Anti-Corruption Act in place it will be time to pass the Anti-Corruption Act at the state level. Once enough States have the Anti-Corruption Act, that will control their elections and who gets sent to the US Congress. Once a majority of the US Congress is held by pro Anti-Corruption Act legislators, then the Anti-Corruption Act can pass at the federal level.

You can't 'drain the swamp' by firing a few people or by making it a partisan issue. That will never work unless election laws are changed, because more corrupt people will simply come in to replace the fired ones. Where there is big money and legalized corruption, there will be corrupt politicians.

Draining The Swamp: A How-To Manual, with Michael Douglas:

you're an idiot.

14. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,936 Times in 2,054 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 948 Times in 862 Posts

Trump not only did not drain the swamp but is pulling swamp creatures out of jail with pardons.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzomin For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-19-2020)

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Reasonable people understood 'the swamp' to mean the corruption of big money over government. It's big money using it's power to affect government decision-making. We all knew that, going into the 2016 election.

Supporters of Potus now have a different definition. 'The swamp' is anybody who has allegiance to the US Constitution instead of to DT.

'Deep State' and 'The Swamp' are now synonymous. Skillful redirection by the story-manipulator-in-chief.