Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Trump will win the election this year

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Trump will win the election this year

    Heís going to skip the debates claiming they are fixed by the liberals. Control all communication to the right by coordinating with Fox News so that 1/2 the nations only exposure to the democratic candidates are through the fox filter and then get massive turnout due to his cult like presence.

    The fact that he doubled the historical turnout for an incumbent president in the New Hampshire primary made this outcome a foregone conclusion in my mind.

    Even if he has a 40% approval rating at election time, 1/2 the population doesnít vote. The republicans do a great job suppressing voter turnout on the left as well. I donít see any way trump loses this next election. Only hope is Democratís retake the senate and can have some level of control but I am not optimistic of that either.

    You heard it here first.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheLasOfTheModerates For This Post:

    evince (02-15-2020), Jack (02-15-2020)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    54,657
    Thanks
    3,382
    Thanked 16,470 Times in 11,412 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 606 Times in 573 Posts

    Default

    Not sure whoís sock you are but in 2020 youíre claiming to be the first to say Trump will skip the debates? 2016 called and wants their prediction back.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

    anatta (02-15-2020), anonymoose (02-15-2020)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    The only candidate who stands a chance (albeit slim) is Bloomberg because he will be able to reach the right directly by advertising funded from his endless personal funds.

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Not saying just the debates. Thatís the entire strategy. I donít see how anyone can beat him. Difference between 2016 and now is trumps approval rate among Republicans. Skipping debates in 2016 would have been suicide as there were a lot of people on the fence with him. Now at 95% support he has nothing to gain and everything to lose by debating.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheLasOfTheModerates For This Post:

    evince (02-15-2020)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    6,026
    Thanks
    2,316
    Thanked 4,982 Times in 3,014 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 127 Times in 113 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLasOfTheModerates View Post
    Not saying just the debates. That’s the entire strategy. I don’t see how anyone can beat him. Difference between 2016 and now is trumps approval rate among Republicans. Skipping debates in 2016 would have been suicide as there were a lot of people on the fence with him. Now at 95% support he has nothing to gain and everything to lose by debating.
    Not sure who’s sock you are but I have to agree with you. Especially if Bernie wins the nom. What's the purpose of a debate? The differences couldn't be starker.

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    127,334
    Thanks
    36,164
    Thanked 20,843 Times in 16,234 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 18,558 Times in 17,176 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLasOfTheModerates View Post
    The only candidate who stands a chance (albeit slim) is Bloomberg because he will be able to reach the right directly by advertising funded from his endless personal funds.
    WRONG

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    127,334
    Thanks
    36,164
    Thanked 20,843 Times in 16,234 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 18,558 Times in 17,176 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Bloomberg is a dishonest and part time republican



    if he wants to keep using his money to fight trump fine


    he will not be the nonminee

  11. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    23,118
    Thanks
    9,938
    Thanked 6,479 Times in 5,029 Posts
    Groans
    352
    Groaned 1,293 Times in 1,192 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLasOfTheModerates View Post
    He’s going to skip the debates claiming they are fixed by the liberals. Control all communication to the right by coordinating with Fox News so that 1/2 the nations only exposure to the democratic candidates are through the fox filter and then get massive turnout due to his cult like presence.

    The fact that he doubled the historical turnout for an incumbent president in the New Hampshire primary made this outcome a foregone conclusion in my mind.

    Even if he has a 40% approval rating at election time, 1/2 the population doesn’t vote. The republicans do a great job suppressing voter turnout on the left as well. I don’t see any way trump loses this next election. Only hope is Democrat’s retake the senate and can have some level of control but I am not optimistic of that either.

    You heard it here first.
    Wow!
    I gave you a thumb's up just because what you say is so plausible.

  12. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    life
    Posts
    35,583
    Thanks
    9,456
    Thanked 13,782 Times in 9,720 Posts
    Groans
    199
    Groaned 1,523 Times in 1,448 Posts

    Default

    skipping debates (whether needed or not for Trump's electoral ambitions) would be a disaster for Trump
    and probably cost him the election.

    Since when does Trump cower from anyone about anything? (never). The debates are on.
    Yes he will win election because he has a successful presidency to run on

  13. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    127,334
    Thanks
    36,164
    Thanked 20,843 Times in 16,234 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 18,558 Times in 17,176 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    If the Dems make sure the house and senate stay and GO Democratic this go round we can Impeach trump right away even of he does get re elected through his cheating

  14. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I really donít think so. Heís weaponized the media to the point everyone on the right hates them. It will be a very easy sell to his base if he skips because heíll say that they are rigged. If he goes to the debates the only thing that can happen is he can lose supporters if he does poorly. No chance a debate will help him attract new followers. You really think his followers who have let him do everything he has will draw the line at skipping debates?

  15. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Sorry evince dems arenít flipping 12 seats this cycle. Impeachment isnít happening

  16. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    54,657
    Thanks
    3,382
    Thanked 16,470 Times in 11,412 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 606 Times in 573 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    skipping debates (whether needed or not for Trump's electoral ambitions) would be a disaster for Trump
    and probably cost him the election.

    Since when does Trump cower from anyone about anything? (never). The debates are on.
    Yes he will win election because he has a successful presidency to run on
    Youíre first paragraph is spot on. Any sitting President skipping the debates would get crushed by the media/public and rightfully so. And Trump isnít skipping them.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

    anatta (02-15-2020)

  18. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    7,266
    Thanks
    2,327
    Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,950 Posts
    Groans
    482
    Groaned 203 Times in 196 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLasOfTheModerates View Post
    He’s going to skip the debates claiming they are fixed by the liberals. Control all communication to the right by coordinating with Fox News so that 1/2 the nations only exposure to the democratic candidates are through the fox filter and then get massive turnout due to his cult like presence.

    The fact that he doubled the historical turnout for an incumbent president in the New Hampshire primary made this outcome a foregone conclusion in my mind.

    Even if he has a 40% approval rating at election time, 1/2 the population doesn’t vote. The republicans do a great job suppressing voter turnout on the left as well. I don’t see any way trump loses this next election. Only hope is Democrat’s retake the senate and can have some level of control but I am not optimistic of that either.

    You heard it here first.
    You are right about Trump winning. Wrong about "Trump controlling the media." 93% of the media is left wing. You clowns constantly complain about one channel. Moderate my ass.
    Intersectionality Hierarchy of Victimhood:

    Muslims
    LGBT
    Blacks
    Latinos
    Women
    Native Americans
    Sometimes Asains

    Not included: White males, Jews, sometimes Asians.

  19. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    23,118
    Thanks
    9,938
    Thanked 6,479 Times in 5,029 Posts
    Groans
    352
    Groaned 1,293 Times in 1,192 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLasOfTheModerates View Post
    I really don’t think so. He’s weaponized the media to the point everyone on the right hates them. It will be a very easy sell to his base if he skips because he’ll say that they are rigged. If he goes to the debates the only thing that can happen is he can lose supporters if he does poorly. No chance a debate will help him attract new followers. You really think his followers who have let him do everything he has will draw the line at skipping debates?
    Depends who his Opponent is.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2019, 03:27 PM
  2. Now, in an election year, it is going to get really interesting
    By archives in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2018, 05:33 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-10-2017, 10:48 AM
  4. Replies: 116
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 07:41 AM
  5. Fox Quandary! Election Year or....
    By Damocles in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 12:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •